Play and Charge kit

Relativetime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got one of these play and charge kits cuz some of my rechargeables seem to be dying, but this thing won't hold a charge at all. I have to leave it plugged in, which kinda defeats the point of a wireless controller.

Did any of you ever buy one of these? Is there an issue with the charging cable or the pack itself?

The 360 battery packs are junk imo. Grossly overpriced junk.

Get something like this instead. More reliable and a whole lot cheaper.

Just got one a few days ago. Out of the package, I fully charged it first before using it.

Seems to be holding a charge fine (only used it for a couple of hours though).

Just to double check, check the battery where the connectors are and make sure there is nothing covering it (like a transparent tape or any other thing). If that is not the case, most likely a faulty battery. Get an exchange wherever you bought it.

It would probably be cheaper in the long run to get rechargeable batteries like the ones linked in Allnatural's post. My experience with the microsoft ones are that they usually hold their charge for about a year and after that, you will see that they don't hold their charge like they use to and game time on them will slowly decrease over time.

I've never had a problem with Microsoft's battery packs. I've been using them for 3-4 years and haven't had any problems with them. the first one i got might not be lasting quite as long as the others but it's not a very big difference. sounds to me like you just got a faulty one.

[quote name='Chedeng88']Just got one a few days ago. Out of the package, I fully charged it first before using it.

Seems to be holding a charge fine (only used it for a couple of hours though).[/QUOTE]
I left it charging until I saw the indicator light go off before first usage, but when I tried to play with the controller it wouldn't even turn on.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Just to double check, check the battery where the connectors are and make sure there is nothing covering it (like a transparent tape or any other thing). If that is not the case, most likely a faulty battery. Get an exchange wherever you bought it.

It would probably be cheaper in the long run to get rechargeable batteries like the ones linked in Allnatural's post. My experience with the microsoft ones are that they usually hold their charge for about a year and after that, you will see that they don't hold their charge like they use to and game time on them will slowly decrease over time.[/QUOTE]
I removed all the tape and plastic, so it's not that. I will indeed get more rechargeables. Just bummed that this turned out to be a dud.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I recommend the Nyko Charge Base. I bought the old white style after a friend's recommendation like 4-5 years ago and it still holds an insane charge with the original batteries that came with it. I can game all day and I've very seldom seen it drop to 2 bars on the menu screen and never had it die on me.

bread's done
Back