does verizon sell your info

Are they calls asking for you by name?

Could just be calls for someone who had your new number previously.

I've never gotten many random calls on my Verizon cell phone over the 10 years or so I've had it. Pretty much all the telemarketer type calls are from places I've done business with and given my phone number too (Verizon themselves, cable company, and things of that nature).

If you got a new number from them, it most likely belonged to somebody else. I've received bill collection calls for "Shawn Smith" and a call from one seriously pissed off chick after starting my service with them in 2007.

"I know you fucked her, Shawn!! fucking asshole!!"
Uh, hello? This isn't Shawn. . .
"Oh shit, I'm sorry!!" And she hung up. Was the best thing to wake up to, ever. lol

I've also received random text messages from two different people, guessing they got the number wrong. I just go with it for a bit before letting them know I don't know who it is and that they have the wrong number.

"hey"
Yo, what's up?
"are you home?"
Yep, come on over. Brenda was just leaving after our last session.
"who the fuck is Brenda?" lol

From whom?

It's more likely you entered your phone number online somewhere (think: contests and promos) and that company sold your number.

words for the wise, Don't ever sign up to win a free car or iPad at those kiosk at the movie theaters and mall.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Are they calls asking for you by name?

Could just be calls for someone who had your new number previously.

I've never gotten many random calls on my Verizon cell phone over the 10 years or so I've had it. Pretty much all the telemarketer type calls are from places I've done business with and given my phone number too (Verizon themselves, cable company, and things of that nature).[/QUOTE]

1.Yes
2. i dont think so because they say mr. and then my first and last name
3.its not cell phone its my house phone

[quote name='eLefAdEr']From whom?

It's more likely you entered your phone number online somewhere (think: contests and promos) and that company sold your number.[/QUOTE]

it's in a different language

[quote name='diddy310']I don't know but whoever signed me up for daily bible quote text messages can fuck right off.[/QUOTE]
God set them up.

[quote name='skiizim']https://www.donotcall.gov/

You probably did it to yourself but sign yourself up.[/QUOTE]

This.

But also, chase got it right. What company doesn't sell it's customer numbers to clients? To them, it's just another way to have more revenue. They don't give a damn if it interrupts your time as long as they make money off of it.

bread's done
Back