Xenoblade Chronicles

Not rare? Regionally it is very rare. What's it going for on Amazon new? $140. And the copies sell. Actual bid prices on eBay so of its so easy to find...

Bought this last year at my local Gamestop. Put about 35 hours into it and haven't touched it nearly the same period, i need to go back to it sometime. First JRPG I even remotely got sucked into since the PS2 days. Worth noting every Gamestop I've been to in my state has had a copy (Oklahoma).

I wouldn't call it rare. I'd call it sought after. I'd call "1990 Nintendo World Championships" rare.

Wow, I hadn't realised this was actually rare. I bought it when it released at GS just in case it became hard to find because i knew I'd eventually want to play it. Haven't gotten around to it yet, but glad I got it now. Geez.

[quote name='get_loud']Not rare? Regionally it is very rare. What's it going for on Amazon new? $140. And the copies sell. Actual bid prices on eBay so of its so easy to find...[/QUOTE]

It's going for that much on Amazon because Gamestop is the only one who can sell new copies in the primary market, meaning secondary sellers can basically sell it for whatever they want.

And last time this came back in stock, people reported getting gutted copies so it might happen again.

[quote name='get_loud']Not rare? Regionally it is very rare. What's it going for on Amazon new? $140. And the copies sell. Actual bid prices on eBay so of its so easy to find...[/QUOTE]

It's a GameStop only game. That's why you won't see it being sold officialy by Amazon or any other place. Hence the high price there.

I realize its a GS exclusive (thus my daily search there) but because they haven't had any for a while it sells at a high price there and on eBay. If you live in an area where it isn't available, jump on this now. I'm in Milwaukee and the nearest in-stock new is over 100 miles away.

Not trying to turn this into a selling opportunity, just a heads up for a hard to acquire game. That's all.

[quote name='Vinny']It's going for that much on Amazon because Gamestop is the only one who can sell new copies in the primary market, meaning secondary sellers can basically sell it for whatever they want.

And last time this came back in stock, people reported getting gutted copies so it might happen again.[/QUOTE]

Those gutted copies were probably stock that didn't sell at the store level and got sent back for .com sales. Why haven't people gotten this game already?

It may not be new. Buyer beware. I personally bought a handful of these back when it very first came out knowing this would happen ahead of time. But if this is really a profit topic, then again, gutted copies kill it.

what do u guys say? is it worth the buy to re sell it on ebay? now don't attack me.. i dont have a job right now.. so any profit is good for me.

The gutted thing is just a consequence of buying from gamestop. I held my nose when I bought this thing. The best thing they ever did was making games like this available.

The game is incredibly deep and sucks you in. I played it 70 hours and still haven't beaten it.

[quote name='Barney']what do u guys say? is it worth the buy to re sell it on ebay? now don't attack me.. i dont have a job right now.. so any profit is good for me.[/QUOTE]

I posted to let those looking for the game know its available for regular price. As for profit, you're looking at ~$60 shipped minus the seller fees from eBay. So as a buyer, you're saving a good amount. As a reseller, it's profitable but how much is a gamble, especially if this gets a possible second run.

[quote name='Barney']what do u guys say? is it worth the buy to re sell it on ebay? now don't attack me.. i dont have a job right now.. so any profit is good for me.[/QUOTE]

Look at completed listings and see how much it goes for.

Your better off collecting cans or peddling on the freeway.

well im out of luck anyways.. i just realized gamestop doesn't accept paypal and i only have about $10 dollars in my bank account. dang it..

thanks anyways get_loud.

i guess it wasn't meant for me.

[quote name='Barney']well im out of luck anyways.. i just realized gamestop doesn't accept paypal and i only have about $10 dollars in my bank account. dang it..

thanks anyways get_loud.

i guess it wasn't meant for me.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you get a PayPal debit card? It's free. I've had mine for years and use it all the time and they even give you 1% cash back which isn't much but so far it's added up to a total of about 70 bucks for me.

[quote name='Komentra']Why don't you get a PayPal debit card? It's free. I've had mine for years and use it all the time and they even give you 1% cash back which isn't much but so far it's added up to a total of about 70 bucks for me.[/QUOTE]
thanks i'll look into that;)

I was looking for the old thread on this game. I found it at Gamestop new $49.99 non gutted version! I got it about 2 weeks ago, and have yet to open it. Knowing the value, I'm holding off. :cry:

This is surprising. Just a month or two ago these every single store near me had this in stock. I bought one at the time. Now only a handful of the stores near me have these in stock. It really is selling out I guess. I wonder if they'll do a reprint?

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']90% of them went to flippers hoping to get new copies for profit.[/QUOTE]

Looks like that's the case as over 30 new listings on eBay just sprang up. Hopefully some more legit folks got in.

[quote name='get_loud']Looks like that's the case as over 30 new listings on eBay just sprang up. Hopefully some more legit folks got in.[/QUOTE]

Unless GS had a limit, it's unlikely.

After seeing how fast this sold out I'm so glad I picked up a copy a few weeks ago. Haven't started yet but after I beat Last Story I can see myself really enjoying this game.

Hm... maybe I should have bought a extra copy? I thought they were available near me (they were a week ago) but I guess not. I realized I only have the PAL version so if I ever want to play this on Wii U, I can't (unless the Wii U gets hacked).

[quote name='Blaster man']This is surprising. Just a month or two ago these every single store near me had this in stock. I bought one at the time. Now only a handful of the stores near me have these in stock. It really is selling out I guess. I wonder if they'll do a reprint?[/QUOTE]

Doubt this will get a reprint but you never know.

[quote name='Blaster man']This is surprising. Just a month or two ago these every single store near me had this in stock. I bought one at the time. Now only a handful of the stores near me have these in stock. It really is selling out I guess. I wonder if they'll do a reprint?[/QUOTE]

I can't figure it either. I suppose it's been a steady seller. It has been showing up on retrospective lists. Not sure if it made any GOTY lists, but it is the best and newest Wii game, and a lot of people have been using their Wii U's backwards compatibility.

[quote name='NedHead']For what it's worth, this was a good but way overhyped game.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't disagree more. This was the best RPG on any console last generation (XBOX 360/PS3/Wii).

[quote name='get_loud']Looks like that's the case as over 30 new listings on eBay just sprang up. Hopefully some more legit folks got in.[/QUOTE]

I hope they all get gutted copies and they all get negatives for selling them as new. Not because I am anti-flip, but because I like watching carnage unfold.

(not that I'd be watching, but you get the premise)

Probably not, but I can give you the numbers and let you decide for yourself:

The game will cost you about $53

eBay listing - FREE

Price for game with no artbook? Around $75 - $85

Estimated fees between eBay and Paypal - $15.75 - 17.85

Shipping is about $3-$5

So if it goes for let's say $80, right in the middle, you'll make...

80 - 53 = 27 - 16.80 (fees) = 10.20 - 4 (shipping) = 6.20

[quote name='DukeMagnem']Probably not, but I can give you the numbers and let you decide for yourself:

eBay listing - FREE

Shipping is about $3-$5

80 - 53 = 27 - 16.80 (fees) = 10.20 - 4 (shipping) = 6.20[/QUOTE]
With various fee calculators on the net, I am only getting $10.xx for ebay and paypal fees using BIN. Yeah, you still only make $12.xx but its better than the $6.

[quote name='DukeMagnem']Probably not, but I can give you the numbers and let you decide for yourself:

eBay listing - FREE

Shipping is about $3-$5

80 - 53 = 27 - 16.80 (fees) = 10.20 - 4 (shipping) = 6.20[/QUOTE]

Actually goes like this $80 - $53 - $9.82 fee - $1.98 = $15.2.
I always sell my game as soon as I finish them, so I know ebay and shipping pricing pretty well.

[quote name='aznxsa2587']Actually goes like this $80 - $53 - $9.82 fee - $1.98 = $15.2.
I always sell my game as soon as I finish them, so I know ebay and shipping pricing pretty well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right... I was setting it at a 21% fee, which is my average when all is said and done, including shipping. It's about a 13% fee between eBay and Paypal though, and then a .30 transaction fee on top of the Paypal fee. I always end up paying closer to $3 to ship first class than $2, and spend another $1 on something to put it in.

My adjusted estimate is a profit of $12.50.

Just a bit of caution: you guys getting them to flip are most likely going to be disappointed by gutted copies. They pulled this same BS a few months back when they were selling 'new' copies of Too Human for like $5.99. Out of the handful I got, only 1 even had a microsoft security seal; none had plastic wrap, nor even the crappy, circular GS 'new' sticker on them.

[quote name='DukeMagnem']Yeah, you're right... I was setting it at a 21% fee, which is my average when all is said and done, including shipping. It's about a 13% fee between eBay and Paypal though, and then a .30 transaction fee on top of the Paypal fee. I always end up paying closer to $3 to ship first class than $2, and spend another $1 on something to put it in.

My adjusted estimate is a profit of $12.50.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely hate paying full price for games so I'm glad the value of this is headed up so I can recover my money. I don't care about making a profit I just want my $50 back after playing it. I'll have to move it to the top of my backlog so it's what I play next (whenever I finish skyrim). Id like to play and sell it before a reprint. Of course there may not be one since its a last gen game now but you never know.

bread's done
Back