- - - - -

Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

#931 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3085 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

You guys must be upset that you didn't get any good games. Either that or there are sharkteeth in the Gamecube that scratch up the discs. I run my Gamecube games in my Wii and they've never gotten scratched or damaged or anything.

It's not the CAGs that kill discs, a lot of those turned in by soccer moms and such who don't take care of their stuff and discs. Have you seen some of the conditions those traded in Wii games are? Sometimes its hard to find a good disc out of a stack. I would say only about 50% of those disks are decent.

I also tend to recall a similar ratio of good to bad a year or so back when they went to 50% off or was it BOGO? I forget. Ended up getting a bunch of good stuff when the in store selection was still good...Warioware, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine, a couple Zeldas, etc.

#932 cero5   Yuno Gasai is one crazy B**** CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

i looked up my post from when i listed the games i got.... man im one lucky SOB.

2 copies of windwaker
2x star fox assault
2x star fox adventured
2x resident evil zero
2x melee
zelda collectors edition
resident evil 1
resident evil 3
Resident evil 4
P.N.0.3
f-zero gx
wario world
mario kart double dash
mario sunshine
geist
tales of symphonia
skys of arcadia
bloody roar
mario toadstool
Zatch bell: mamudo fury
both pokemons
both narutos

#933 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   4614 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

You're going to get hit by a truck tomorrow for nabbing Skies of Arcadia and then spelling it wrong.

#934 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4950 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

i looked up my post from when i listed the games i got.... man im one lucky SOB.

damn... I hope they're all disc only ;)

#935 postaboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1566 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

Employee always get the good stuffs :)
Lakers for Life!

#936 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   1610 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

just noticed that GS shipped me paper mario from an open order I had from way back in january. lol how random.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#937 mitch079   Fun hurts my lungs. CAGiversary!   12033 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:37 AM

just noticed that GS shipped me paper mario from an open order I had from way back in january. lol how random.

That's what made me look to see if some stuff came back in stock as they shipped some items from a previous order.

#938 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7135 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:46 AM

There are 4 copies of mario kart double dash available right now. There are some other treasures too. hurry! http://www.gamestop....-xp0,1392-6-17e

#939 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7135 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

There are 6 copies of Metroid Prime 2 available. Some Sonic Adventure DX's still available... a lot more as well.

#940 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7135 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:55 AM

I can't believe the games I just bought. It's still a decent deal even with the 99% chance of them being disc only, scratched, and resurfaced.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - GC
Resident Evil Zero - GC
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - GC
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's - GC
Resident Evil 4 - GC
Pac-Man World Rally - GC
Pikmin - Used - GC
Resident Evil - GC
Mario Kart Double Dash - GC
Mario Party 5 - GC
The Legend of Zelda: Collector's disc - GC
Pac-Man World 2 Bundle w/Pac-M - GC
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - GC
Mario Party 6 - Game Only - GC

for under $50 shipped... :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Thank you to all the contributors on this thread. When I saw those games in stock it really helped to know to quickly add "15free" and "saver" to the order. You guys saved me some $$$. :bouncy:

Edited by SonictheHedgehog1337, 10 April 2013 - 05:40 AM.

#941 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7135 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

Wow, I didn't realize how rare Chibi-Robo was. I should have bought it for $1.91 (powerup, 15free, + 75% off of $9.99). Someone just snagged it right now.

#942 theclaw   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

About $50, long as they recalculate tax correct.
I'll expect a bunch of returns at this price!

Medal of Honor Frontline
Medal of Honor European Assault
Medal of Honor Rising Sun
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
Need for Speed: Carbon
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
Bond 007: Nightfire
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Need for Speed: Underground 2
SSX 3
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee
Shadow the Hedgehog
From Russia With Love
NBA Street Volume 3
Sonic Mega Collection
Simpsons: Hit and Run
Burnout
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
Mario Superstar Baseball
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Mario Power Tennis
Star Wars: The Clone Wars

#943 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7135 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

I'll expect a bunch of returns at this price!

Medal of Honor Frontline
Medal of Honor European Assault
Medal of Honor Rising Sun
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
Need for Speed: Carbon
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
Bond 007: Nightfire
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Need for Speed: Underground 2
SSX 3
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee
Shadow the Hedgehog
From Russia With Love
NBA Street Volume 3
Sonic Mega Collection
Simpsons: Hit and Run
Burnout
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
Mario Superstar Baseball
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Mario Power Tennis
Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Nice. I was hoping bumping the thread like every 5 minutes would help some CAGs catch these deals. Hopefully it helped.

If the games are really scratched, they're going back, but if they have light scratches I can live with it. It helps to have GS credit, but I just spent all of mine. I probably should have saved some for that 50% off select games sale. These gamecube games are old, but hopefully the ones we bought are better than the ones from that other sale.

#944 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7135 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

This is what I've been hoping as well. I paid with credit, which is tax free instore in my state. But gamestop.com just charged me $12 tax on a $38 order. Do these gamecube 75% orders always get the tax readjusted?

It really really really pays to be an insomniac sometimes. I'm not going to have a productive workday tomorrow, but hopefully my Gamecube collection gets a heck of a lot better. ;) Totally worth it.

#945 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

argh, stupid GS says ive reached my purchase limit on metroid when i havent bought any

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#946 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7135 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

argh, stupid GS says ive reached my purchase limit on metroid when i havent bought any

I think that means that someone just bought the last one right before you tried to add to cart.

#947 theclaw   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

At least they'll look better when played than the discs do. Got a component cable.

Still waiting for that $400 famed XRGB Mini Framemeister I splurged on.
Darn TV has no s-video input, and doesn't accept 240p from component.

#948 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

I think that means that someone just bought the last one right before you tried to add to cart.

still in my cart. tried 4-5 times and no dice. oh well, kinda have a feeling they wouldnt work anyway

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#949 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7135 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:00 AM

At least they'll look better when played than the discs do. Got a component cable.

Still waiting for that $400 famed XRGB Mini Framemeister I splurged on.
Darn TV has no s-video input, and doesn't accept 240p from component.

holy shit. Amazing. I can't even find the link on the gamestop website for the component cable or I would have bought that. Congrats.

Spoiler

#950 theclaw   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

It wasn't from gamestop. My component cable cost $64 back in 2010.

#951 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7135 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

It wasn't from gamestop. My component cable cost $64 back in 2010.

lol. Sleep deprivation.... I think it's time to me to hit the sack
Spoiler
I'm exhausted and nearly had a nerd-heart-attack thinking I missed a cheap gamecube component cable. :dunce:

#952 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7135 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

still in my cart. tried 4-5 times and no dice. oh well, kinda have a feeling they wouldnt work anyway

Wow, it lets me check out fine with metroid prime. I would suggest creating a new account and maybe using a different form of payment if you have it.

There are still a lot of great games available. Metroid Prime 1, 2, Rogue Squadron III, Mario Baseball, Mario tennis... hopefully some more insomniac CAGs see this thread.

#953 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

Wow, it lets me check out fine with metroid prime. I would suggest creating a new account and maybe using a different form of payment if you have it.

There are still a lot of great games available. Metroid Prime 1, 2, Rogue Squadron III, Mario Baseball, Mario tennis... hopefully some more insomniac CAGs see this thread.

I think I'll just pass. Already have most of the good titles, and Mario Baseball just went OOS, so that only really leaves 3-4 titles I might play someday. Not worth the trouble at 2:30AM:drool:

#954 theclaw   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

$13 before tax.

Fight Night Round 2 plus Super Punch-Out!
Spider-Man 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Crash Nitro Kart
Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Peter Jackson's King Kong
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Def Jam Vendetta

#955 mitch079   Fun hurts my lungs. CAGiversary!   12033 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Please let us know if any of them turn out to be not coasters.

RE 1, RE 0, Baten Kaitos, Warioware, Gladius, DK Jungle Beat, and TMNT work. The RE's came complete. Starfox Adventures and Wario World are not reading. Seeing if I can do anything about it; otherwise, I will return them tomorrow.

#956 Hemi   One with the never-ending backlog. CAGiversary!   2945 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:35 AM

You got SOOOO lucky with the CIB RE's! Might be a restock very soon, IDK cause of it being sunday and no new shipment's into the warehouse, but anyway, I'm suprised people aren't buying Spiderman 2, one of like, maybe TWO superhero games that I'd recommend, It's a great game in general.

#957 mitch079   Fun hurts my lungs. CAGiversary!   12033 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:38 AM

Yeah, I have it on the PS2 and loved web slinging around NYC and perching on top of the Empire States Building.

#958 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

doesn't look like they are doing a restock tonight guys

#959 genovincent   CAG in Training CAG in Training   5 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

genovincent

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

hi all,

longtime reader, first time poster - im much more a collector than an active gamer, and i collect mostly 3rd and 4th gen. picked up a gamecube at a thrift store a few months back and been using the GS sale to compile a library.

despite the sentiment here that theyd be predominantly (mini-) coasters, i figured id give the online order a shot this past week. ordered 44 games, 10 of which didnt work.

two big questions:

1. of the 10 that don't work, the majority of them have a readable surface in GREAT condition (no noticeable scratches at all). being relatively unfamiliar with the ins and outs of optical disc games, is their non-functionality likely the result of too much of the disc being resurfaced off?

2. on a lot of the discs, working and nonworking alike, theres a dark grey chalk-like substance around the hole in the middle of the disc. if you handle a few of them, it rubs off on your fingers - likewise if you take a cloth to the surface of the "hole". the substance is NOT the consistency of dirt, so i was wondering if this could be from resurfacing too.

any help/tips/info would be greatly appreciated. thanks so much!

#960 Rumors   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I only ordered paper Mario, it didn't work but I couldn't use saver because the size.of the order. Will they refund my shipping in store?