- - - - -

Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

#991 genovincent   CAG in Training CAG in Training   5 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

genovincent

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

FWIW, i stopped in a B&M gamestop last night that i had been to about 1-2 months ago, and saw some titles they previously didnt have, most notably mario party 7. i checked the disc and sure enough, it had been resurfaced - so im assuming it was either a return or came from the warehouse, and dont have my hopes up that it will work.

does anyone know if any B&M stores resurface the games in-store? not for the public, but for themselves.

#992 genovincent   CAG in Training CAG in Training   5 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

genovincent

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Update: there are a few new games up since yesterday (mario golf, starfox, tmnt), but when i added them to my cart, they didnt appear to be 75% off.

#993 Cola64   Slacker Extraordinaire CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

Ordered Star Fox Assault an hour ago.

Wasn't 75% off, I can confirm. I'll probably wait, call customer service about returning it, and see if I can get a refund.

Best case scenario, I get to keep the disk. Worst case, I send it back.

#994 genovincent   CAG in Training CAG in Training   5 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

genovincent

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

I stopped in a store last night, and the 75% sale is still going on, but apparently in-store only.

I called the 800 number for GS customer service, and they said the sale was done online. Just in time for a convenient restock of some nice titles (Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Zelda, Mario Party, Mario Sunshine, etc.).

Blah.

#995 sasukekun   Cat-Like Typing Detected CAGiversary!   6651 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

does anyone know if any B&M stores resurface the games in-store? not for the public, but for themselves.

All stores send the games back to the warehouse to be resurfaced.

Short Answer: No.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#996 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

All stores send the games back to the warehouse to be resurfaced.

Short Answer: No.

can i ask you a question? lol what exactly is the exchange policy on preowned games from gs, 7 days or 30 day?

#997 sasukekun   Cat-Like Typing Detected CAGiversary!   6651 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

can i ask you a question? lol what exactly is the exchange policy on preowned games from gs, 7 days or 30 day?

For preowned: Within 7 day full refund, 30 days exchange only for same item with receipt.

All return policies are on the back of the receipt if you bought something in store.

Guest_KuroPansa_*

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:33 AM

Does anybody know what is up with this? For the past few months, the GC games on the site don't have the 75%. I missed out on a lot of good stuff because of that. Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD, Super Mario Sunshine.

Sasuke-kun, you work for Gamestop. You know anything about this?

#999 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:35 AM

Does anybody know what is up with this? For the past few months, the GC games on the site don't have the 75%. I missed out on a lot of good stuff because of that. Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD, Super Mario Sunshine.

pretty sure the promo ended a while ago, then was briefly brought back, but hasn't been seen since :cry:

Also, epic thread revival :D/

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

Guest_KuroPansa_*

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:35 AM

For preowned: Within 7 day full refund, 30 days exchange only for same item with receipt.

All return policies are on the back of the receipt if you bought something in store.

What if they don't have another game to exchange with? Like a GC game that only has one copy in the store that you bought and it doesn't work? If you wait 10 days to go back, would they still take it back within 30 days or not?

Guest_KuroPansa_*

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

pretty sure the promo ended a while ago, then was briefly brought back, but hasn't been seen since :cry:

Also, epic thread revival :D/

Holy superfast post Batman!

Anyway, that shouldn't be. All the GS employees I talked to said the 75% would stay until all the GC games were gone.

#1002 sasukekun   Cat-Like Typing Detected CAGiversary!   6651 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:41 AM

What if they don't have another game to exchange with? Like a GC game that only has one copy in the store that you bought and it doesn't work? If you wait 10 days to go back, would they still take it back within 30 days or not?

They can order from another store, if none exist, they can issue a refund as store credit back from original price paid as long as it's within refund period.

Last I checked it was 75% off until further notice. It's in our marketing book, but not applied online, but should be an automatic 75% off in store. 

#1003 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   11097 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:09 AM

Last I checked it was 75% off until further notice. It's in our marketing book, but not applied online, but should be an automatic 75% off in store. 

Pretty sure it'll last essentially forever in store.  GBA stuff is still 75% off in store. (picked up some accessories a few months ago after I got a GBA SP for $3 at a goodwill-type store)

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.