- - - - -

Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

#211 thievery  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Looks like everyone's really cleaned shop in the past day or two. Now the closest stores I can find with Gamecube stuff are over 90 miles away, if even that close.

Just for kicks, I tried to do the store pickup option for Mario Kart, which was somehow the only GCN title showing up as in stock at a store just a couple of miles away. Received a prompt cancellation email in just a few minutes, too. Not surprised.

#212 biledriver   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   969 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

biledriver

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

As much as I love symphonia. It's far from the best Tales game IMO.

"Far from"???" Which would be much better than Symphonia?

#213 detectiveconan16   Limoncello Freshness CAGiversary!   6576 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Got: Game Boy Player
Waverace
Rouge Squadron II

The Game Boy Player didn't come with the disc, and whenever it was traded in, the owner mixed in another one. The disc I got instead was... Mario Kart Double Dash Oh well. $2.50 ain't bad.

Batsugunner.png

#214 Nephilim   Sumerland holds me CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Waverace
Rouge Squadron II

The Game Boy Player didn't come with the disc, and whenever it was traded in, the owner mixed in another one. The disc I got instead was... Mario Kart Double Dash Oh well. $2.50 ain't bad.

Mario Kart is the better deal. :applause:

#215 Hemi   One with the never-ending backlog. CAGiversary!   2945 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Looks like everyone's really cleaned shop in the past day or two. Now the closest stores I can find with Gamecube stuff are over 90 miles away, if even that close.

Just for kicks, I tried to do the store pickup option for Mario Kart, which was somehow the only GCN title showing up as in stock at a store just a couple of miles away. Received a prompt cancellation email in just a few minutes, too. Not surprised.

Try going in, might be hiding behind some games, the way they shelve them.

#216 thievery  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Waverace
Rouge Squadron II

What I don't understand is how Gamestop would allow anyone to trade theirs in without the startup disc, but from what I've heard, it happens quite often.

I'm so glad I tracked down a complete set at a local Gamestop about three years ago, although I'm a little sad that it doesn't look the greatest on my HDTV (at least not without the component cables, which I'm not about to spend $100+ on).

#217 xerirex   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   6 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

I've ordered a spare from Nintendo's website in the past, here's the page:

http://www.nintendo....eplace_disc.jsp

#218 detectiveconan16   Limoncello Freshness CAGiversary!   6576 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

How far in the past? A person in NeoGaf posted last year that he/she couldn't get one even from Customer service.

Batsugunner.png

#219 gummo79   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Just picked up wave race, they didn't have much to choose from. They also had buy 2 get 2 free on GameCube games too.

#220 theking20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4575 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

damn another gamestop picked clean of good games and another gamestop that stopped carrying cube games ages ago

:(

bummer

#221 Seshka   Part-time Warrior CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Just got to another GS and although everything gamecube was in generic cases, I found several good games:

LoZ: Collector's Ed
LoZ: Ocarina of Time MQ
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Eternal Darkness
FF Crystal Chronicles
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Ikaruga

I'm pretty happy with my findings.

Going to check another GS next week and see what they have.

jtB2cXi.png

#222 lizard6king6   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   252 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

lizard6king6

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Found 13 games for $17 today! In generic cases but who cares. Found
Monkey ball 2
Star Wars rogue squadron
Metroid prime
Gun
Ghost recon
Madagascar just to name a few.

#223 exaznkid   Spare Some Change CAGiversary!   2418 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

managed to pick up metal gear twin snake although no case or manual but that was to be expected

#224 Jasper & Harley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   442 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Jasper & Harley

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Got Mario Golf, RE 3 Nemesis and RE Zero. The first GameStop I went to, I asked the guy if they still had GameCube games and he insisted they didn't, even after I told him the website said they had some in stock. So I went to another a mile down the road and he said they didn't have any either, but did a search for Mario Golf and told me the first store I went to did in fact have several GameCube games and even called to confirm. So I drove back to the first GameStop and told him that the other store called and you're holding Mario Golf for me. Guy didn't apologize for being wrong or anything, just acted like I was never in there. I understand not all GameStops have horrible clerks, but many of the ones around here have world class tools behind the counter.

UyUhMmy.png

#225 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21031 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Just got to another GS and although everything gamecube was in generic cases, I found several good games:

LoZ: Collector's Ed
LoZ: Ocarina of Time MQ
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Eternal Darkness
FF Crystal Chronicles
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Ikaruga

I'm pretty happy with my findings.

Going to check another GS next week and see what they have.

Holy crap... even if disc only, that's a fantastic haul.

I wish I made better use of the B2G2F but I was just way too busy when anything good was available and it was just too easy for me to put off, that when I did finally decide to try, all the good games were gone. It's now hitting me that in a few months, I will no longer see GC gamest at GS...

Got Mario Golf, RE 3 Nemesis and RE Zero. The first GameStop I went to, I asked the guy if they still had GameCube games and he insisted they didn't, even after I told him the website said they had some in stock. So I went to another a mile down the road and he said they didn't have any either, but did a search for Mario Golf and told me the first store I went to did in fact have several GameCube games and even called to confirm. So I drove back to the first GameStop and told him that the other store called and you're holding Mario Golf for me. Guy didn't apologize for being wrong or anything, just acted like I was never in there. I understand not all GameStops have horrible clerks, but many of the ones around here have world class tools behind the counter.

You know that part at the bottom of your receipt that asks to you let them know about your experience at the store? Use that and give them and honest and professional feedback about your issue. I usually fill out that survey if I have a really good experience or really bad experience. They don't do anything for the good feedback (obviously) but for the few times I've had bad experiences, they called me back and asked me what they could do to fix the issue.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Xenoblade X (2nd try) - :-k 

:pc: The Witcher - :) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#226 Artrigis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   666 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

Hey guys, my first 3 orders arrived earlier today. Have spent the day cleaning, testing them. Still not done.

Had 39 games, of those 39 about 90% of them had sticker residue on middle ring.
They were all greasy, probably from the disc resurfacing machine they use.
Of those 39, had 2 wrong games. Got a Pokemon colosseum bonus disc instead of pokemon colosseum. And a Magical Melody instead of a wonderfuly life.
13 of the 39 games didnt boot, and gave me a loading error. The rest at least made it to title screen.

As for bottom side scratches, most looked very good. (Due to a probably very good resurfacing machine.)
As for top side, this is where the resurface machine wont fix them. Probably 15 ish games came with small to large portions of missing color. Some had small dots, some had up to 10 dots. Some had rings that go around the entire disc.

So I had 3 separate orders arrive, each order had only 1 game with correct cover art, but no manuals. Maybe trying to spread around the games with cover art.

#227 VA   Do my nipples frighten you? CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

For all of you that made your purchases online, did you notice that they charged tax on the gross amount of the purchase?

Taxes ended up being more than 25% I'd the net purchase. There's no way that this can be right.

#228 xfade   Friend of CAG CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

HA! I've had thieves that work there who take great deals from under my nose.

My latest nightmare was looking for uDraw+Pictionary before Christmas. Store refused my hold request and was caught in a lie about their available stock.

Called corporate, got an apology, and a $10 coupon (ONLINE only... lame.)

#229 tuffguycore   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1046 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

tuffguycore

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

So no REs or Zeldas for me, unfortunately, but I did get about 10 games for 15 bucks, with Kirby Air Ride, MM collection and the Sonic Collection being my highlights. I'm not all that upset. Might see if one of the other stores has anything near me, but I won't hold my breathe. I was happy getting what I did. Oh, and I found a copy of disc only Baten Kaitos Origin, so I thought that was awesome.

#230 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21031 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

For all of you that made your purchases online, did you notice that they charged tax on the gross amount of the purchase?

Taxes ended up being more than 25% I'd the net purchase. There's no way that this can be right.

I'm not entire sure, but that's only during the pending order. Once they ship, you'll be charge the correct tax (on the discounted total).

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Xenoblade X (2nd try) - :-k 

:pc: The Witcher - :) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#231 white3er   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

I got a lot today and they had about 100 titles left, below is what I picked up (All are CIB) Spent about $0.45 - $1.29 a game
Animaniacs
BMX XXX
Batman Vengeance
Crash Nitro
Crash Wrath
Final Fantasy CC
Karaoke Revolution Party (2)
Mario Baseball
Mega Man Anniversary
Medabots
Monopoly Party
Namco Museum
Nhl hitz 2002
Naruto
Naruto 2
One Piece Pirates
Shrek
Spryo Enter Dragonfly
Star Wars Rogue
Tom and Jerry War of Whiskers
Wrestlemania xix
Posted Image

#232 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3632 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

I got a lot today and they had about 100 titles left, below is what I picked up (All are CIB) Spent about $0.45 - $1.29 a game
Animaniacs
BMX XXX
Batman Vengeance
Crash Nitro
Crash Wrath
Final Fantasy CC
Karaoke Revolution Party (2)
Mario Baseball
Mega Man Anniversary
Medabots
Monopoly Party
Namco Museum
Nhl hitz 2002
Naruto
Naruto 2
One Piece Pirates
Shrek
Spryo Enter Dragonfly
Star Wars Rogue
Tom and Jerry War of Whiskers
Wrestlemania xix

What is CIB mean?
Anyway, nothing so far. all the stores say don't carry anymore. I did get last year Fire Emblem complete with Case and Booklet for half price ($12.50) I was shocked by how great the condition was.

#233 blcklblskt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   217 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

blcklblskt

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

^Complete in box

#234 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3632 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

^Complete in box

nice. Man, most stores ship it out along time ago...

#235 Jasper & Harley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   442 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Jasper & Harley

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

You know that part at the bottom of your receipt that asks to you let them know about your experience at the store? Use that and give them and honest and professional feedback about your issue. I usually fill out that survey if I have a really good experience or really bad experience. They don't do anything for the good feedback (obviously) but for the few times I've had bad experiences, they called me back and asked me what they could do to fix the issue.

Well I took your advice and took the survey and wrote about my experience. Hopefully they try to get a hold of me, even if I only get to complain to a real human from GameStop, that will be enough compensation for me.

UyUhMmy.png

#236 GrimmTrixX   Finish Him! CAGiversary!   922 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

went to 4 total gamestops near me. only one had GC games. lol and as I postedbefore, only like 20 were in boxes and only about 5 had the booklet in those boxes and 2 of those i owned already so i grabbed 3 shovelware GC games to pad my collection, cost like $1.50 for all 3

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX

Trade List URL: http://tinyurl.com/z259zr6
Currently Playing

:xb1: Xcom: Enemy Unknown (bc)

:wiiu: Super Mario Maker
:3ds: Bravely Default

#237 gatordeve86   CAG Master CAGiversary!   902 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

gatordeve86

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

i picked up super smash bros... top looks like shit and bottom is scratched up.. wont get to test it till tomorrow though

#238 Killerlampshade   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Killerlampshade

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

Holy crap, I just searched around me and apparently my local GameStops have been wiped out of everything but the really bad stuff.

#239 jbroush99   Old Tickle Feathers CAGiversary!   2591 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Another restock online!

#240 blcklblskt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   217 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

blcklblskt

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

Just restocked online. Couldn't get Kirby's Air Ride again. :(