Best Buy Deal of the Day: Terminator Anthology Blu-ray Boxset $24.99

Is the original Terminator included the same as the blu that's been out for years or the new transfer? I saw a stand-alone next to this yesterday that I THINK was the new transfer as it had a new box art.

[quote name='thundarr']Is the original Terminator included the same as the blu that's been out for years or the new transfer? I saw a stand-alone next to this yesterday that I THINK was the new transfer as it had a new box art.[/QUOTE]
Not 100% sure- but I think it's the older transfer- here is a quote from the Terminator disc section of a collider review for the Anthology:

The video of The Terminator (1.85:1) leaves something to be desired; the film is in obvious need of a new transfer and some remastering (it should be noted that all of the transfers included in Terminator Anthology have been culled from previous discs; the set as a whole is a repackage of various individual releases). Not unwatchable mind you–the telltale scratches and dust of an above average but not great print, nothing extreme–but not what you would expect in the way of treatment in a Blu-ray box set. Colors and grain are also typical of an unremastered ‘80s flick. The audio, however, sounds great; considering that the movie had previously been remixed in 5.1 and is uncompressed PCM, this is not surprising. Special features include “terminated” scenes and two featurettes, “Creating the Terminator: Visual Effects & Music” and “Terminator: A Retrospective.” Both featurettes show their age, being standard definition with some pronounced video wear, but seeing how the miniatures were used to create the special effects is always a treat, especially in these days of CGI.

http://collider.com/terminator-anthology-blu-ray-review/204645/

The new transfer doesn't arrive until February 19th I believe.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AJER3SE/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1357742916&sr=8-1-spell&pi=SL75

^That's the worst thing about this set. The remastered version was already made and released overseas around the same time as this. They could have easily waited to include the new version, rather than putting in the old one.

2 of the 4 movies included aren't that good anyway. Well 3 is okay, but Salvation is pure ass.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Deals of the day are valid in-store too, right? If so, this would be $19.99 after U&S.[/QUOTE]

U&S doesn't start until 1-13-13 and this deal only lasts for today.

[quote name='Tsel']U&S doesn't start until 1-13-13 and this deal only lasts for today.[/QUOTE]

Whoops! For some reason I thought U&S started this week. My bad.

In 4 One. Terminator is one of my favorite series, and I only have T2 on BR. Also a fan of nice box sets and according to Amazon reviews, it's nice.

So, I've upgraded most all of my Terminator collection to Blu-Ray. Between this set and the WBShop sale on the TV series, I'm pretty set...

...Except for that crappy Machinima series. I bought the DVD for $5 - but a quick search doesn't yield any results showing a US release of it on Blu-Ray. Has anyone ever seen such a creature?

[quote name='WingsDJY']Whoops! For some reason I thought U&S started this week. My bad.[/QUOTE]

I'm lost? U&S? What's that?

bread's done
Back