Asura's Wrath (360)(PS3) $17.64 @ Amazon

Is this worth $18? I played the demo and I just felt like I was there not like I really had any control of the game. How does the game compare to the demo? I liked the art style and the way it was produced.

It's been sitting around that price for a few months now, I personally say hold off till it hits $10. Great game from what I hear but really short.

I'd say hold out for 10ish as well. I played it when it first came out and it's definitely not worth $60. It was fun, but there's not that much to do. It's basically watching a very short anime series with a few QTEs thrown in.

[quote name='edub3']Is this worth $18? I played the demo and I just felt like I was there not like I really had any control of the game. How does the game compare to the demo? I liked the art style and the way it was produced.[/QUOTE]

The game is about broken into three types of gameplay: 50% QTEs, 25% Devil May Cry fighting, and 25% Space Harrier shooting. Assuming the demo allows you to play each of those types, then you'll have a pretty good idea of what to expect from the game.

I thought Asarua's Wrath was one of the most enjoyable games of 2012, despite the shady "sell the ending as DLC" approach.

I can't understand how this game is staying afloat above $15 let alone $10 for as long as it is. The story is great but not much for gameplay to be had.

[quote name='nnthomas']Get the DLC as well, it's probably the best part of the entire story.[/QUOTE]

Yea, tack on the DLC cost to the final price. You'll want it to finish the story.

I got it used(because i refuse to buy any capcom games new) from gamefly for $13. It was worth it, but i wouldn't pay any more than that. You have to include the cost of the DLC as well because the story is not complete.

[quote name='nnthomas']Get the DLC as well, it's probably the best part of the entire story.[/QUOTE]

Do you have to get every episode? I see an episode pack, then lost episodes, then episodes 15.5 and 11.5. WTF??? If you do have to buy them all, your looking at 1200 MSP or $15 for the dlc alone.

If you like DBZ and don't mind it more as an interactive movie than a full on game with a ton of gameplay, then this is the one. I played the demo and thought it was ridiculous and tongue in cheek hilarious, then played it, and the story is actually not that bad. I didn't buy the DLC episode yet(been waiting/hoping for a sale) but even still, I enjoyed it, and will eventually go back and finish getting the S class in most of the episodes.

Yea, I got it used before and watched the dlc on YouTube after I beat it.

Fun and interesting story. Totally worth $10-15 if you don't mind qte's

I'll wait for $10-$12. And will watch the DLC ending on YouTube. Having to shell out extra for that is a new low.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Do you have to get every episode? I see an episode pack, then lost episodes, then episodes 15.5 and 11.5. WTF??? If you do have to buy them all, your looking at 1200 MSP or $15 for the dlc alone.[/QUOTE]

The episode pack is a must have. The lost episodes are pretty entertaining "what if" scenarios.

On the other hand you should just skip the 11.5 and 15.5 DLC. They do very little to fill in the gaps of the story and if you never see them you won't be missing out of very much. 11.5 and 15.5 are both completely hand draw sequences in traditional anime style, they don't use the Unreal Engine like the rest of the game does. They are purely QTEs and don't have any fighting or shooting sequences.

[quote name='battousai11']I'd say hold out for 10ish as well. I played it when it first came out and it's definitely not worth $60. It was fun, but there's not that much to do. It's basically watching a very short anime series with a few QTEs thrown in.[/QUOTE]

that is what i heard about it too, alot of quick time events

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Do you have to get every episode? I see an episode pack, then lost episodes, then episodes 15.5 and 11.5. WTF??? If you do have to buy them all, your looking at 1200 MSP or $15 for the dlc alone.[/QUOTE]

No, just get Part IV - Nirvana

The Street Fighter episodes and the .5 episodes aren't necessary.

I wonder how many suckers brought that DLC ending from Capcom....

Anyways just think about it as paying $15 for a anime download if you are so uptight about it..

Apparently when companies scheme to milk their customers out of every penny they can ( they are evil ) but when certain people try to scheme and scam a company every way possible during promotions/giveaways/coupons ( thats consider "slick" or "cheap" ) deal
Go figure.................................

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']I wonder how many suckers brought that DLC ending from Capcom....

Anyways just think about it as paying $15 for a anime download if you are so uptight about it..

Apparently when companies scheme to milk their customers out of every penny they can ( they are evil ) but when certain people try to scheme and scam a company every way possible during promotions/giveaways/coupons ( thats consider "slick" or "cheap" ) deal
Go figure.................................[/QUOTE]

Are these certain people posting in this thread? Kind of reaching out there.

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']I wonder how many suckers brought that DLC ending from Capcom....

Go figure.................................[/QUOTE]

Every one of your recent posts I've seen have been aggressive and attacking in some form. Are you 15?

I bought the DLC because I enjoyed the game. Deal with it, little one.

Worth 18, IMO. It's unique and there's more gameplay in it than people make it seem. The combat system, while simple, is still very fun.

It's a fine game to pick up for under $20 and play through just for something different. I beat it and never had much urge to get the DLC.

what sucks about this game is that actual ending is only available if you buy the DLC, now granted DLC is not that expensive but ending shouldn't be part of any dlc

castlevania lords of shadow also did their actual ending via dlc which sucks for those who didn't buy the dlc

now in castalevania case both dlc packs are still priced $9.99 each and that's way too much for very short dlc packs

[quote name='AugustAPC']Worth 18, IMO. It's unique and there's more gameplay in it than people make it seem. The combat system, while simple, is still very fun.[/QUOTE]

Agreed the game is great and well worth $20 and below. I am currently on my fourth and last playthrough getting S ranks on hard and am still enjoying it. It is about a 6-8 hour long game though with the cutscenes. About 4 hours if you skip them all. The ending DLC is probably the best part and I personally hated how the street fighter lost episode DLCs were literally with street fighter game play as i hate street fighter. But this is one of the better 2012 games IMO.

[quote name='showtimefolks']what sucks about this game is that actual ending is only available if you buy the DLC, now granted DLC is not that expensive but ending shouldn't be part of any dlc

castlevania lords of shadow also did their actual ending via dlc which sucks for those who didn't buy the dlc

now in castalevania case both dlc packs are still priced $9.99 each and that's way too much for very short dlc packs[/QUOTE]

Prince of Persia (the cel shaded one) did the same thing.

The "real" ending was only available through paid DLC.
Eventually, I caved and bought the DLC late last year when it went on sale for 50% off ($5).
I had not touched the game since I originally beaten it way back in 2010.

I hate it when companies screw their most dedicated fans with this DLC.
At least throw us a bone by giving these DLC "endings" as part of a preorder bonus instead of some stupid skin/weapon packs.

I would have bought Asura's Wrath already but this DLC fiasco is making me wait until the game drops to $10.
Then I might consider picking up the DLC for an additional $10 or whatever it costs.

bread's done
Back