Club Nintendo Platinum?

Chedeng88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm a little confused by this. My understanding that once I reach platinum, redeeming rewards will not reduce the amount of my coins. But when I purchased Punch Out yesterday while already in platinum status, coins were still deducted.

What's the benefit of platinum status and how does it work?

At the end of the year, you get a reward for reaching gold or platinum status that doesn't cost you any coins.

All the coins you earn count towards your total even if you spend them.

[quote name='pippin']At the end of the year, you get a reward for reaching gold or platinum status that doesn't cost you any coins.

All the coins you earn count towards your total even if you spend them.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. But once platinum, are you always platinum? Because I was gold last year and it wasn't reset at the end of the year, that's why I easily got to platinum a few days ago.

Also, what kind of rewards do you get for reaching platinum?

[quote name='Chedeng88']Gotcha. But once platinum, are you always platinum? Because I was gold last year and it wasn't reset at the end of the year, that's why I easily got to platinum a few days ago.

Also, what kind of rewards do you get for reaching platinum?[/QUOTE]
The deadline for the gold and platinum rewards is the last day of June so that's when it resets.

The rewards have been different every year, but you can look at some of the previous ones to get an idea.

There are two totals. Your coin balance, and coins earned this year. Coins earned this year (surveys you filled out since mid-2012) count toward Gold & Platinum rewards. This total resets to 0 in July, otherwise it never goes down.

Coins earned this year is independent of your coin balance. You could have 300 coins left over from 2011, and those wouldn't count. You could spend 1000 coins, and that wouldn't subtract from the coins earned this year.

bread's done
Back