How rare is "Panic Restaurant" (NES)?

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
While in college my room mate let his girlfriend borrow my dreamcast and of course I never got it back. The dreamcast was past its prime at that point but I still loved playing a few games (Shenmue, Ready to Rumble, etc.).

The only solace I got out of the ordeal was that she had left a bunch of NES games at our apartment and I took them with me when I moved out.

Most were commons but fun none the less (Blades of Steel, Techmo Bowl, etc.) but I noticed Panic Restaurant was included.

The game itself is in really good condition (mint label) with no markings on the cartridge. I know it works because I tried playing the game for a few hours before I looked for more information on eBay.

It appears to be rare but I'm not sure how rare. In the last year or so I would say the number of active listings have gone from 10-15 to less then five.

I have no need for money but I was wondering are NES games worth holding on to or is their a bubble that is bound to burst?

THe 1992 - 1994 Taito NES releases are all very rare and expensive, it's speculated that they might have been available exclusively for the rental market due to the fact that they so rarely show up with boxes or manuals, but that's never been confirmed. Little Samson, Panic Restaurant, Flintstones 2, and Bubble Bobble 2. They're all rare, and all very expensive, and not bad games either.

Hmmm.. if the bubble with burst is a tough question. I personally think probably not. The game has pretty much a zero chance of ever being re-released and is a niche late era NES game. I wouldn't bet on it skyrocketing in value to much though. It is so rare that I imagine it will stay most likely in approximately the same price range.

If I needed money I would sell it though. I have a boxed Panic Restaurant and Little Samson I've been holding onto for a long while.

I actually found a copy at a garage-sale a while back and sold it on ebay for I think $350 or so.

Mine was a loose cartridge in fairly decent shape. Bought it in a set for $10.

I think I mentioned it in the 2012 Yard Sale thread
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313065

Sold within 12 hours of posting it with a BIN price....

*Edit*
Sold for $325 in May 2012. Found my sell confirmation in my email.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back