* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

#3511 Microshock   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   613 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Microshock

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Amazing bundle, I'm happy I didn't jump on Mark of the Ninja when it was 7.50 on Steam.

I'm not sure I would play Iron Brigade as I already have quite a few tower defense games and have been looking for Hinterland. Does that seem like a fair trade (found someone with a key in the Trade/Buy thread)? Or is there something unique about Iron Brigade that makes it a keeper?

Add me on Steam. I have Iron Brigade, but nobody I know has it.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#3512 Malibuz0r   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Can someone purchase the MS bundle for me? Ran out of coupons, I'm willing to give you 6.50$.

#3513 LiK   Internet Superstar CAGiversary!   2296 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

nm
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#3514 ZForce915   Group hug! CAGiversary!   6416 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Do these games have XBL achievements? I don't usually game much on Steam
Posted Image

#3515 ZForce915   Group hug! CAGiversary!   6416 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

nm

What was the answer?
Posted Image

#3516 akmgmer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   957 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Do these games have XBL achievements? I don't usually game much on Steam

Deadlight and Mark of the Ninja only use Steam and have Steam Achievements.
Toy Soldiers has the option to launch as Steamworks or GFWL.
Iron Brigade and ITSP both use GFWL only.

GFWL = Xbox Achievements.

All the games are Steam Keys from Amazon and therefore you need Steam to play them even if they use GFWL.

Edited by akmgmer, 27 January 2013 - 07:09 PM.
Clarification

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#3517 chaosking121   Hoarder Of Games CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

chaosking121

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Bought the M$ Indie Bundle earlier, haven't downloaded the games yet, but I'll get around to it soon. Thanks Tony! Hope you're managing those personal issues you talked about well and things are looking up for you. <3.

#3518 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   10171 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Did they replace your $5 coupon? If so, just re-buy the bundle.

I'm not sure. I bought 2 bundles, and redeemed a set of keys. The set of keys that disappeared was the one I redeemed.

I just don't want a ding for it, since I specifically said that I was charged the wrong value from what the page showed. Now that I think about it, it's the second time one of these promos did this to me.

elessar123.png

#3519 ZForce915   Group hug! CAGiversary!   6416 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Deadlight and Mark of the Ninja only use Steam and have Steam Achievements.
Toy Soldiers has the option to launch as Steamworks or GFWL.
Iron Brigade and ITSP both use GFWL only.

GFWL = Xbox Achievements.

All the games are Steam Keys from Amazon and therefore you need Steam to play them even if they use GFWL.

Thanks for that answer. I probably shouldn't let something like achievements stop me from this kind of deal though!
Posted Image

#3520 motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   11098 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder
PC

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

So Hitman Absolution is price matched to Steam at $16.99 now, at least for the next 5 hours.

It's not on the EC list, but if you have some extra Amazon credit (I had $5 from pre-ordering The Cave that has to be used by 3/15) then it can be a decent deal.

I know everyone is all 'the price is dropping like a rock' yadda yadda but at $12 for me after the $5 credit (again, from The Cave; not EC) I'm fine with it. I don't see it going significantly cheaper than that for a while. It would pretty much have to have the retail lowered to $30 and be on a 75% off sale to be a whole lot cheaper than what I got it for.

Also note that the regular edition only is price matched at this point. The Professional Edition is still full price.

2969.png

#3521 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16561 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

@Motoki
Oh, Hitman: Ab PC is certaintly worth $12, IMHO.

It took me like 32 hours to get through the SP Campaign.
Lots of reloading; dying; and even restarting levels. And that's even on NORMAL here!

MP portion (Contracts Mode) is pretty cool, as well.

Hitman: Ab is definitely quite a bit of a different beast than previous games like Hitman: Silent Assassin + Blood Money.

#3522 headpiece747   I'm always angry CAGiversary!   2578 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

headpiece747

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

So Hitman Absolution is price matched to Steam at $16.99 now, at least for the next 5 hours.

It's not on the EC list, but if you have some extra Amazon credit (I had $5 from pre-ordering The Cave that has to be used by 3/15) then it can be a decent deal.

I know everyone is all 'the price is dropping like a rock' yadda yadda but at $12 for me after the $5 credit (again, from The Cave; not EC) I'm fine with it. I don't see it going significantly cheaper than that for a while. It would pretty much have to have the retail lowered to $30 and be on a 75% off sale to be a whole lot cheaper than what I got it for.

Also note that the regular edition only is price matched at this point. The Professional Edition is still full price.

Welcome back Motoki and already tempting me to add more games I don't need right now with the backlog. I really want Far Cry 3 for this price because it has been getting great reviews from sites and CAGs. I will see if I can resist. Also Tony thanks for the pricematch and for the Microsoft Indie Bundle that I bought today.

fss.png

Ecliptic Sight | Art by Ecliptic Sight |              sig.png

#3523 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   9545 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago   Has been playing PC
PC

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Hitman: Ab is definitely quite a bit of a different beast than previous games like Hitman: Silent Assassin + Blood Money.

Quotes like these have actually swayed me into keeping the key I was originally planning to sell. I, personally, just couldn't get into the predecessors. I feel bad for the die hard fans
Spoiler
, but I guess this is my chance to play and hope to like a Hitman game.

#3524 TheLongshot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2402 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

TheLongshot

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

So, I guess my hope for a Crusader Kings II sale before the end of January is looking pretty hopeless.
Posted Image

#3525 KBoom   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

For $12 I would definitely buy it. It's more than 75% off.
If EC coupons worked on Hitman Absolution... drool: I have a coupon left.

So I emailed customer service about my incorrectly charged $64.95 Microsoft bundle asking for the difference, and they refunded me my whole order and took my keys. *sigh*

Ugh, what now? You already activated the keys?

#3526 DarkZero104   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   597 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

DarkZero104

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Well, we've got 4 days. Still got a couple coupons myself.
Clearly the sale needs to end with a bang and redo the glitch sales as official ones and throw in a couple more.

#3527 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   10171 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Ugh, what now? You already activated the keys?

Yes, because like I said, I wanted the refund of the difference (~$60), not a refund on the entire bundle.

elessar123.png

#3528 deviousnaraku   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   582 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

deviousnaraku

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Thanks Tony, used my last EC coupon on the Microsoft Arcade Pack.
Sign up for GreenManGaming using my link and get $2 credit when you spend $2 or more!

#3529 supershammy   Hand-rolled and ice cold. CAGiversary!   1185 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

supershammy

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Damn son. Damn. Incredible shit going on right now.

#3530 strife01104   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

strife01104

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

where do you get the $5 coupon for amazon?

#3531 plvl   Peter CAGiversary!   415 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

If anyone would like a $15 game on amazon, I will buy it in exchange for the same price in paypal. I need paypal funds buy still have amazon gc left over. Or, I can buy something else it dosn't have to be a game. Pm me if you are interested.

#3532 UW_Shocks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   871 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Probably too late for you.
Had to make a purchase from Amazon PC Downloads between Nov. 16th and Dec. 31st

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#3533 nosferatu51  

nosferatu51

I think from here on out we ignore this question. People asking have clearly ignored the last 20 pages where it has been asked at least once per page.
Plus, if they are asking right now they almost assuredly don't have 1 so it's no loss anyway

#3534 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16561 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Quotes like these have actually swayed me into keeping the key I was originally planning to sell. I, personally, just couldn't get into the predecessors. I feel bad for the die hard fans

Spoiler
, but I guess this is my chance to play and hope to like a Hitman game.

Hitman: Absolution really tried to do A LOT.

It tries to be a combo of a few different titles:
SC: Conviction -> some linear levels w/ really one way out. (there's actually a good deal of these in this game); NEW Mark and Execute skill (can only be used on some difficulties).
previous Hitman titles -> some levels, you explore big-as-can-be level w/ numerous ways to kill your main targets and numerous escapes.
Batman: Arkham Asylum + City -> One of your "Instinct" skills can let you see enemies' outlined actually through walls ((can only be used on some difficulties). Unlike Batman, you can actually see even their AI path that they will run (can only be used on some difficulties).

Hitman: Ab actually has the actual best story & characters in a Hitman title so far, if you ask me. Though, since Hitman: Ab stays entirely in the USA, it doesn't really have the globe-trotting aspect & exotic different locales that you could find constantly in previous Hitman games have.

Also, the Notoriety System and Buying/Upgrading of Equipment that were in Blood Money are nowhere to be found in Hitman: Ab's SP Campaign portion.

#3535 Lightning War   Baller on a Budget CAGiversary!   392 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Lightning War

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

I think from here on out we ignore this question. People asking have clearly ignored the last 20 pages where it has been asked at least once per page.
Plus, if they are asking right now they almost assuredly don't have 1 so it's no loss anyway

Agreed.

#3536 Fatalis Fafnir   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   86 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Fatalis Fafnir

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Anyone not wanting Deadlight send me a PM and how much you want for it.

#3537 blessedape   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

blessedape

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Used up my last (of 4 or 5) $5 promo credits on the Microsoft Indie Bundle. Great deals, Tony! You and Amazon sure do right by your customers when it comes to digital downloads.

#3538 Cagamer99   Yo! CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Cagamer99

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

First off, thanks Tony and Amazon for these wonderful sales from practically mid-November till now. Some fantastic work you guys did for us and speaking for myself, I definitely appreciate it.

Second, I just want clarification on the MS arcade bundle. Its definitely only Steam drm right and no other? I read the OP, the last 10-12 hours of this thread and Amazon's pages and didn't see anything. Only reason I ask is a week or so ago there was a post I read saying these games would have GFWL also.

Probably gonna buy it anyways but just want to know what I'm gonna have to end up doing if it is GFWL since I've never used it so far but heard the horror stories.

Thanks in advance :).

#3539 Lukeweizer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Lukeweizer

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Anyone else getting a 4 hour processing message for the MS pack?

#3540 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   9545 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago   Has been playing PC
PC

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Hitman: Absolution

Spoiler

Sold. I really liked the games you referenced and having strong story components are a plus in my book. The detractors you mention, while fans probably feel stronger about them, are issues that never hooked me in the first place, so no loss there for me. Thanks!