* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

#3871 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   2839 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I think that he knows as much as we know.

Negative. If that were so, I'm willing to bet he would have said as much. 'Sides, he's the inside man, Mr. In the Know, the main dude. He knows something, but he's not ready for the big reveal.

Tony, let me know when you're ready for me to start a drum roll.
jkimrey: Do it man! It's a steam key - one place for all your games. Plus, you gotta catch 'em all.

#3872 KBoom   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   186 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

I absolutely wish everything was just unlocked from the start or that servers had the option of unlocking it all for everyone. I HATE the trend of level grinds in games just to use stuff and get certain skills. I like to multiplayer in spurts, but I rarely devote mtself to a game long enough to see endgame stuff. I don't usually have tons of free time and when I do I often like variety in my gaming. Plus, I'm frequently terrible which, strangely, makes it take astronomically LONGER to unlock this stuff.... bah.

It's wasted money, nonetheless. Anyway it's your money. EA thanks you for it :D

#3873 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Hey guys,

Starting tomorrow you can get Stronghold HD (DRM free) for free when you link your Amazon account with Stronghold Kingdoms and download the game:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0083LD2TE/

Here's Stronghold HD:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B009YKVRYA/

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#3874 KBoom   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   186 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Hey guys,

Starting tomorrow you can get Stronghold HD (DRM free) for free when you link your Amazon account with Stronghold Kingdoms and download the game:

Here's Stronghold HD:

Cheers,
Tony

Gonna check this game.

Thanks Tony.

#3875 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16772 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed response here. Regarding an update for those still having problems viewing their product keys, please contact CS and describe your issue. Make sure to use the words “My keys are not visible in my Games and Software Library” this will ensure you get routed to the correct person who can then get you your keys.

For those curious about the long term solution, we hope to have something more robust in place within the next 6 weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience (and for buying so many games that we need to adjust our systems!).

Cheers,
Tony

Robust enough for the Strategy First and 1C packs?

Sorry, I had to ask. ;)
steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#3876 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Robust enough for the Strategy First and 1C packs?

Sorry, I had to ask. ;)

Actually, I'm hoping the answer to that question is yes. We'll see though.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#3877 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2760 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Don't forget Crusader Kings 2 :-)

#3878 Stonekeep   ThePizzaDude CAGiversary!   598 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Amazing

#3879 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   3183 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Tony facekicks the competition once again

#3880 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4534 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

It was 12 dollar at Origin not too long ago.

Had quite the experience yesterday trying to buy BF3 for 12$ on origins site. 2 hour online chat, 30 mins more with Supervisor and finally netted BF3 premium for free :)

They switched the price on me during the checkout process, and I was PO'd, the initial idiot in chat was denying the price had been 12$, and all the link saying otherwise I sent him were all "unofficial". I did hear today from a follow up CS agent that anyone who tried to buy it yesterday and had it in their cart, can contact CS today and they will honor the price.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#3881 CheapThomas   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

CheapThomas

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Hey guys,

Here's Stronghold HD:

Cheers,
Tony

What does linking your amazon account mean? does it mean I use my amazon uname/pwd to log onto the stronghold servers for the game?

I'd be interested in trying it out for the HD offer but am a little bit weary about anyone having any access to my amazon account.

thanks

#3882 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

What does linking your amazon account mean? does it mean I use my amazon uname/pwd to log onto the stronghold servers for the game?

I'd be interested in trying it out for the HD offer but am a little bit weary about anyone having any access to my amazon account.

thanks

thanks

Good question, the short answer is no. See link under "Link and download free' that says "How account linking works"? Click it:

Important: When linking, you will be asked to create or sign in to an account for this game. Amazon will not collect your game account's password. Amazon will not share any of your Amazon.com account information with the game company, including your Amazon.com username, Amazon.com password, credit card information, address, or telephone number.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#3883 The End   is nigh! CAGiversary!   5587 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Glad to hear that you're making progress.

Regarding our games page and how game keys are displayed. Would it be possible to implement some sort of feature that would allow people to either mark as used, or to delete keys from their list if a key has already been used?

Edited by The End, 29 January 2013 - 11:42 PM.
Spelling. Because hear isn't spelled here. lol

#3884 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster & VRAM Fanatic CAGiversary!   20594 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Okay, since we're doing hauls...

...Here's my EC 2013 Haul so far:
1. The Walking Dead
2. NBA 2K13
3. You Don't Know Jack (no EC coupon allowed to be used here)
4. EA Sports Classic Pack
5. Microsoft 5-Game Arcade Pack

EC Coupons still remaining = 5

If only EC Coupons sale went into February, as well... ;)

Edited by MysterD, 30 January 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#3885 lnknprk   Loading... CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Had quite the experience yesterday trying to buy BF3 for 12$ on origins site. 2 hour online chat, 30 mins more with Supervisor and finally netted BF3 premium for free :)

They switched the price on me during the checkout process, and I was PO'd, the initial idiot in chat was denying the price had been 12$, and all the link saying otherwise I sent him were all "unofficial". I did hear today from a follow up CS agent that anyone who tried to buy it yesterday and had it in their cart, can contact CS today and they will honor the price.

Yeah, they seem a bit shady sometimes. I mean, they sent me a belated birthday coupon for 10 bucks off the purchase of 19.99 or more. I assume they didn't send it on my birthday because they had a sale at that time, and now the coupon wouldn't work because they were having another sale. Why send me a coupon if it's not going to work to my benefit. If I were to use it when there isn't a sale I would be paying more than if I just skipped it altogether and just bought the game when it was on sale. It made my head hurt, so I just gave up went back to Amazon to search for what to buy next from them.

#3886 RiseFromYourGrave   Mighty Pirate CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

RiseFromYourGrave

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony

I've been waiting for this. I also want to use my free pack of stuff from my December purchases :D
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#3887 LN3000   Companion Cube CAGiversary!   822 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

It's notable to mention that Tony has answered just about every other question that has popped up, rather than any Guild Wars 2 questions.
The optimistic side of me can't help but think it's because he has a secret deal planned and doesn't want to spoil it.
?? :D ??

#3888 Playto   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   28 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

I see the Battlefield 3 shortcut bundle is on sale for $12.99. Was the coupon suppose to work with this?

#3889 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8662 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

$7.99 for the shortcut, lol. 50 cents more than the game has been sold for on Amazon... just to cheat.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3890 UW_Shocks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   871 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Glad to hear that you're making progress.

Regarding our games page and how game keys are displayed. Would it be possible to implement some sort of feature that would allow people to either mark as used, or to delete keys from their list if a key has already been used?

Marked as "used" is ok, but please do NOT delete the keys. Having a game key tied to your account is a form of "proof of ownership", incase anything goes wonky with STEAM.
I always feel at ease knowing I can always screenshot the game and KEY in question, in the Amazon Games Library, if STEAM support ever needed it.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#3891 mm3n   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   668 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

No (good) news on Fable pack yet? :|

#3892 BOOKATA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Hey guys,

Here's Stronghold HD:

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony! I's my birthday tomorrow, and that's a great present! :whee:

#3893 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8662 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

So what's the missing DLC in the Fable bundle gonna be replaced with, Tony? :)

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3894 bubzers   Derpy Derpy Doo CAGiversary!   697 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

I still like the idea: buy the bundle now and get the keys when they are available.
76561198025510545.png

#3895 spoderman   Time = Money CAGiversary!   16717 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

I still like the idea: buy the bundle now and get the keys when they are available.

I like this idea: buy the bundle now and get Risen 1 + 2 as a replacement for missing Fable 3 DLC :)

GUtUP1U.jpg

#3896 Necrotron   Now with strawberry! CAGiversary!   880 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Good question, the short answer is no. See link under "Link and download free' that says "How account linking works"? Click it:

Important: When linking, you will be asked to create or sign in to an account for this game. Amazon will not collect your game account's password. Amazon will not share any of your Amazon.com account information with the game company, including your Amazon.com username, Amazon.com password, credit card information, address, or telephone number.

Cheers,
Tony

Very good to know.

#3897 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

It's notable to mention that Tony has answered just about every other question that has popped up, rather than any Guild Wars 2 questions.
The optimistic side of me can't help but think it's because he has a secret deal planned and doesn't want to spoil it.
?? :D ??

Lol nah, I just thought I'd answered it before. No go on GW2.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#3898 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Lol I'm all out of MSFT games to put in a bundle :(. We are gonna run the bundle, without the DLC on 1/31 if we don't get the DLC by then.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#3899 Drabelincoln   Town Drunk CAGiversary!   6547 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Lol I'm all out of MSFT games to put in a bundle :(. We are gonna run the bundle, without the DLC on 1/31 if we don't get the DLC by then.

Cheers,
Tony

Will the DLC be included but with no keys, then keys added later?

I'd buy that up in a second

#3900 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8662 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Posted Image

Will the DLC be added after the fact when it comes in?

bZ2g3eF.png