* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

#14521 OmegaX   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Uplay was recently updated to include key activation so as long as it has a key and is an Uplay title, I would think so.

Yes, they added product activation to the Uplay client but the I Am Alive key I got from Amazon doesn't work with it.

#14522 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1597 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

Its not all of them though depending on source

I cant activate my gamestop version of dawn of discovery on uplay.  So Id wary unless it says its a uplay key

#14523 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

Bah there's no option to search the thread anymore. :(

It's there, just type your search into the search bar at the top of the page while you're in the thread. There's a "this topic" search type.

bZ2g3eF.png

#14524 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

I'm beginning to think Tony's still on vacation. :lol:

tumblr_m9kne5A6bh1qzcn95.gif

Swords thrusted.

What's in my trunk?

white             girl

#14525 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23567 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

Totally missed that post sorry. 

I got a bit sidetrack and instead of making an avatar made a Borderlands themed background lol, nothing special though.

Btw, those 2 who are dressed up look great, are they hired by Gearbox for some promo I take it? The sheriff is super cute, her smile is awesome  :oops:

Anyways, here is the background, I'll mess around doing an avatar tomorrow probably :P

m895.jpg

Oh, that's awesome. :D

We need one like that straight-up for Tony, too. ;)

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#14526 KaOTiK   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1843 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

Oh, that's awesome. :D

We need one like that straight-up for Tony, too. ;)

If Tony puts up some good pics of him I'll try and think of one for him as well.

I wanted to put the Scrooge McDuck moneybin in the Paddington one but it just didn't flow well in anyway. I did use a $100 bill through to color/texture the Laughing to the Bank part, you can see the 100 in ank in Bank :D and Paddington name is the 2 tones of green used on the $100 bill as well, just modified a bit for better contrast.

#14527 BrownDerby   🐟 CAGiversary!   679 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BrownDerby

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

Just bought Burnout Paradise, is it usually quicker to download from Amazon or Origin?

uLNpWnq.png

#14528 SCIENCEEE   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

How long is the leftover 2k credit from bioshock infinite good for? And it isn't applying to the borderlands bundleganza for me, not sure if that's intentional.

I'd like to put it towards The Bureau if it's put up for PCDD pre order if possible though.

#14529 DeathByFRODO   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

DeathByFRODO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

Just bought Burnout Paradise, is it usually quicker to download from Amazon or Origin?

I usually get high speed downloads from origin, higher than steam anyways.

#14530 mm3n   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   702 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

I usually get high speed downloads from origin, higher than steam anyways.

Make sure you choose a Steam server that's close to you from the Steam client settings. Haven't compared both platforms, but definitely better experimenting for the best server speed you get as the default option is usually a weird choice imo.

As for Burnout, not sure if you could even play it without downloading it from Origin in this case, but I'm not entirely sure. I haven't really used amazon downloads much so far I admit, lol. At least they save traffic because of me.

#14531 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:20 AM

Amazon very seldom has good download speeds. If you have a choice not to download from Amazon, take it.

bZ2g3eF.png

#14532 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20255 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

Amazon very seldom has good download speeds. If you have a choice not to download from Amazon, take it.

Yeah, it took me forever to DL ARMA II Combined Ops from Amazon.  It's one of the few big games I've bought on amazon with no alternate DL option.  That said, any older EA game (before stuff like DS3, BF3, Sim City) can be DLed directly from Amazon without involving Origin so that's a nice option if you want it. 

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#14533 DaiMonPaul   On the Fringe CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

I totally forgot that I had gift card money on Amazon, so I decided to splurge on some Ubisoft titles.  Picked up World in Conflict: Complete for $2.49, Assassin's Creed 1 for $4.99, and Assassin's Creed 2 for $4.99.  All three had been on my wish list for a while.  Was also looking at I Am Alive, but I couldn't pull the trigger... perhaps on the Steam sale if I have any card money left over.

As an addendum, only AC2 redeemed on Uplay.  WiC has an activation code but uses the Amazon downloader; its code doesn't work on Uplay, for some reason.  AC1 seems to be DRM-free (no code).

#14534 janemba001  

janemba001

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

Hey there, just wondering if anyone has had this issue with Amazon lately but;

I'm unable to see the "View Product Key" button anymore for any of my digital downloads. What happens instead is that any and all games I buy from Amazon come with that Key 'unlocked/shown' in a sense, and since I do Giveaways, I'm not sure if the game I've bought has already has it's Key used after a while since it's already being 'shown.' No real way in knowing unless I try to activate the Key which...well makes the Giveaway not happen.

To those of you whom are going to be telling me to 'write the CD key down' somewhere instead, I'd just like to point out that this hasn't happened before whilst using Amazon for my purchases, and although it is a good alternative, I would rather just have it be that way in my Games Library than to alter the method of keeping that Key 'hidden/unused.'

#14535 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5329 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hey there, just wondering if anyone has had this issue with Amazon lately but;

I'm unable to see the "View Product Key" button anymore for any of my digital downloads. What happens instead is that any and all games I buy from Amazon come with that Key 'unlocked/shown' in a sense, and since I do Giveaways, I'm not sure if the game I've bought has already has it's Key used after a while since it's already being 'shown.' No real way in knowing unless I try to activate the Key which...well makes the Giveaway not happen.

To those of you whom are going to be telling me to 'write the CD key down' somewhere instead, I'd just like to point out that this hasn't happened before whilst using Amazon for my purchases, and although it is a good alternative, I would rather just have it be that way in my Games Library than to alter the method of keeping that Key 'hidden/unused.'

It has been like this since (at least) May.

Selling Indie Gala bundles.
Do you buy most IG bundles? PM me or add me on Steam to ask about an IG subscription today! :D

#14536 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

It has been like this since (at least) May.

And don't worry (janemba), we all hate it too.

bZ2g3eF.png

#14537 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5329 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

And don't worry (janemba), we all hate it too.

I like how it tells me the key straight after paying: I no longer have to navigate to the digital library page.

Do you buy most IG bundles? PM me or add me on Steam to ask about an IG subscription today! :D

#14538 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

I like how it tells me the key straight after paying: I no longer have to navigate to the digital library page.

Okay, all of us hate it except for Detruire. He doesn't count though, he's Australian.

bZ2g3eF.png

#14539 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5329 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

he's Australian.

:headache:

#14540 tmwfte   Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space CAGiversary!   658 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

And we will look up and say "Save us from Activision's mediocrity in sales" and Paddington will look down and say "No."

#14541 smurfinaus   GOGger's Unite!! :) CAGiversary!   623 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

Whats the average speed like?. I have Sacred 2 drm free copy i want to download at some point....

Posted Image

#14542 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

Okay, all of us hate it except for Detruire. He doesn't count though, he's Australian.

/agree

...and his sort of thinking leads straight to, "I like how steam packs don't give me duplicates so my inventory doesn't get cluttered."

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE GOLD HELM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#14543 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

Whats the average speed like?. I have Sacred 2 drm free copy i want to download at some point....

Hard to say. I've had fine speeds before, but I don't recall ever getting over 1MBps. Downloading Far Cry 2 was a massive pain, I had to leave it on overnight to get it done.

YMMV of course. I usually get under 500kbps...

bZ2g3eF.png

#14544 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5329 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

...and his sort of thinking leads straight to, "I like how steam packs don't give me duplicates so my inventory doesn't get cluttered."

On the contrary:

- Having to navigate to your digital library page and click to reveal the key is a waste of time. Not liking this ⇒ you like wasting time.

- Steam not giving tradeable (or at least giftable) of already-owned games when you activate a pack is a waste of money. Liking this ⇒ you like wasting money.

- Since we all know that time = money (⇒ wasting time = wasting money) ; not liking how Amazon now shows you the key without needing to navigate to the digital library page is akin to liking how Steam trashes those additional copies that we should be receiving.

:shame:

#14545 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:53 AM

On the contrary:

- Having to navigate to your digital library page and click to reveal the key is a waste of time. Not liking this ⇒ you like wasting time.

- Steam not giving tradeable (or at least giftable) of already-owned games when you activate a pack is a waste of money. Liking this ⇒ you like wasting money.

- Since we all know that time = money (⇒ wasting time = wasting money) ; not liking how Amazon now shows you the key without needing to navigate to the digital library page is akin to liking how Steam trashes those additional copies that we should be receiving.

:shame:

Having to manually speadsheet/track which Amazon keys you have/haven't redeemed takes far more time than clicking a button.  So by your time=money metric, maybe you should reconsider your stance.  I mean sure, it's all fine and dandy for games you don't own, but when you wind up with dups...

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#14546 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

For someone who buys no duplicates, and activates every key EXACTLY as they get it... the new system is fine. For the rest of us, not so much.

bZ2g3eF.png

#14547 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5329 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

Having to manually speadsheet/track which Amazon keys you have/haven't redeemed takes far more time than clicking a button.  So by your time=money metric, maybe you should reconsider your stance.  I mean sure, it's all fine and dandy for games you don't own, but when you wind up with dups...

Idiot pretty much answered this for me:

For someone who buys no duplicates, and activates every key EXACTLY as they get it... the new system is fine. For the rest of us, not so much.

#14548 27526343157187946075   Banned Banned   461 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

Does it still reveal all keys if I reveal one? I'm going to heavily reconsider buying on Amazon unless that's fixed. I've got a lot of leftover keys unrevealed from cheap bundles over the last year and there's no way in hell I'm going to go back and track and spreadsheet them all.

#14549 jatan11t   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   560 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

As expected 007 Legends didn't actually go on sale today for $24.99

#14550 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

Idiot pretty much answered this for me:

I win! ;)