* * * * * 22 votes

[old thread] Amazon PCDD - Summer Sale - $9.99 Walking Dead, Use "Gooncave" at checkout for 15% off

#1771 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Somebody bought Vanguard Princess?, the game has online play?

Not that I've seen natively. I think I've seen some companion-program to do that for the Japanese version, but I'm not sure. I can say if you hook up two 360 controllers you can play VS easily.

Yes but English version and Japanese version can't play against each other.
MTSP is a Japanese netplay client based on Lunaport, with improved netplay and integrated chat. Because of this, MTSP is preferred over Lunaport. MTSP is built around a "server" system, where one player creates a server room and all other players can use that server for matchmaking.
Note: The English MTSP is NOT backwards compatible with the Japanese version of MTSP, due to IP Encryption generating different strings.

The only thing I can complain about Vanguard Princess so far is that while the companion system is interesting and cool, it becomes extremely busy on the screen with four characters basically on top of each other.

Excellent graphics, fluid animations, and a heavy helping of anime girl panties. Can't complain!

I wound up playing it for several hours last night. I was impressed. I still haven't adjusted to the companion system -- I keep getting blindsided by it.

Is there any DRM on this? Also how in-depth is the Story Mode for the game? And since you mentioned it earlier what exactly was censored about this release?

DRM-FREE. Story mode incorporates SFII-like static-cutscene dialog. Each character has some back story. You can find the translated script online to see if the story mode meets your desires.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1772 forthenguyen   C CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

forthenguyen

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

I think requests are one of the smaller problems in this thread considering all of the stupid complaints, but maybe I'm just biased. Showing Tony what some might be interested in buying kind of helps him, and there's only so much that you can discuss about the current deals. Not trying to sound tongue in cheek but this is a Amazon PCDD thread, not exclusively deals.

EDIT: And also yeah the inbox limit kind of hampers the PM's, too.

#1773 jaso   Requiesce in pace CAGiversary!   1873 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Think of the impact of a full inbox.

Believe me, I did. That's got to be on him to manage and the admins to adjust (mailbox capacity).

#1774 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   4329 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Interestingly, 100% of my ignore list has originated from the Amazon thread(s).

I think the EC sale has been objectively good. No one else is beating the prices and the prices are very favorable. This is different from people comparing the Steam Winter Sale prices to other sites and seeing the Steam prices falling short.

Subjectively, I think it's a legitimate case of having anything off the list I'd want. Tony gave us nice sales on Darksiders II, Dark Souls and other recent releases over the summer and fall so I already have them (plus the THQ bundles, etc). Last year I didn't come into paying attention to Amazon until the December 2011 sale and following Editor's Choice so there was a lot more new fruit on the tree. I'm interested in the MS and Fable bundles and hope they come through since those would actually be some "new" games for me.

#1775 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16335 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Dark Souls
PC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Hey Tony, this might be a bit random but is there anyway you could get Call of Duty World at War for PCDD, preferably with Steam? I already have Black Ops 2 and am not very impressed, but I'd like to play World at War because all the DLC (zombies!) is included on Steam and the user created maps look cool, too.

Yes, I'd like to see COD: World at War on Amazon DVG, as well.
Steam or Non-Steam.

#1776 Azone   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   24 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

So far I think these deals have been pretty good. Not as much free stuff as last year, but these THQ deals are pretty awesome. Anyway, I'm probably using my last coupon on the Microsoft Arcade Bundle, however I would love to see Saints Row 2 on sale as a standalone game. I know it's not that great of a port, but I kind of want to try it because SR:TT was a fair bit more fun than I expected. I think it was $3.74 at the lowest, so maybe a price around that range would be decent.

#1777 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16335 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Dark Souls
PC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Interestingly, 100% of my ignore list has originated from the Amazon thread(s).

I think the EC sale has been objectively good. No one else is beating the prices and the prices are very favorable. This is different from people comparing the Steam Winter Sale prices to other sites and seeing the Steam prices falling short.

Subjectively, I think it's a legitimate case of having anything off the list I'd want. Tony gave us nice sales on Darksiders II, Dark Souls and other recent releases over the summer and fall so I already have them (plus the THQ bundles, etc). Last year I didn't come into paying attention to Amazon until the December 2011 sale and following Editor's Choice so there was a lot more new fruit on the tree. I'm interested in the MS and Fable bundles and hope they come through since those would actually be some "new" games for me.

See, that's the thing - EC sale has had some awesome deals, but...

many of these EC deals been done before by Amazon DVG;
I already own this game;
I already own a bunch of stuff in this said bundle, so it ain't worth buying bundle to get one or a few missing titles;
deal has been done better or cheaper elsewhere (GMG has topped a few of these deals - especially on newer titles like XCOM EU and Borderlands 2);
EC title is still too expensive for my blood (and huge backlog).

EDIT:
I'm looking forward to that M$ Indie Bundle, whenever that comes. Nice to see something NEW coming from Amazon DVG.

Edited by MysterD, 19 January 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#1778 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   9309 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I wasn't going to comment
Spoiler
, but something to keep in mind (especially the CAG regs/"old-timers") is that there are still new people coming into CAG, Amazon PCDD, and PC gaming in general. There are plenty (most?) of times where my thought process revolves around how things affect 'me' and I forget about the rest of the world. These sales may not interest 'you', but they may interest me. I'll get off the soapbox now...

#1779 tham1988   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   886 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

yeah its a problem when you have all the games from previous sales on THE SAME WEBSITE

(not at all upset I payed more, just thought I'd clear that up since some people freak out about it)

also I will
reiterate what I said before:
if that microsoft arcade bundle actually happens for $10 pre-coupon it will completely redeem the sale (even though it is useless to me as I have them all from steam winter sale)
but I'll believe it when I see it

and also I'm never gonna stop asking about new deals until the 31st or we get a confirmed list of deals through the end

#1780 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16335 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Dark Souls
PC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

I wasn't going to comment

Spoiler
, but something to keep in mind (especially the CAG regs/"old-timers") is that there are still new people coming into CAG, Amazon PCDD, and PC gaming in general.

Very true - and it's gonna be tough to find deals for BOTH the new-comers and old-timers. Striking that balance for Tony to try to appeal to everyone surely won't be easy.

There are plenty (most?) of times where my thought process revolves around how things affect 'me' and I forget about the rest of the world. These sales may not interest 'you', but they may interest me. I'll get off the soapbox now...

Wait, when it comes to game-keys - I thought most Amazon DVG keys (especially for Steam-keys) are NA-restricted/based here?

EDIT:

yeah its a problem when you have all the games from previous sales on THE SAME WEBSITE

(not at all upset I payed more, just thought I'd clear that up since some people freak out about it)

also I will
reiterate what I said before:
if that microsoft arcade bundle actually happens for $10 pre-coupon it will completely redeem the sale (even though it is useless to me as I have them all from steam winter sale)
but I'll believe it when I see it

and also I'm never gonna stop asking about new deals until the 31st or we get a confirmed list of deals through the end

Kind of annoying I bought Darksiders Pack about month ago - and it was a bit cheaper recently on the EC.
But, that's the way the cookie crumbles....and unfortunately THQ, as well... :(

#1781 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   9309 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Wait, when it comes to game-keys - I thought most Amazon DVG keys (especially for Steam-keys) are NA-restricted/based here?

I was speaking (typing) half metaphorically, half generalizing. The first part of that comment wasn't specifically calling out this Amazon PCDD thread, but more a generalization on life itself.

#1782 Genocidal   Summer of Punk CAGiversary!   4845 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Most Steam keys are worldwide, or at the most restricted for low violence versions (Germany, Australia), CIS countries, and then the rest of the world. It's what makes buying from Amazon so attractive for all the people claiming to live in the US, and why there are a lot of people complaining in the rare case that a NA key is actually region restricted and doesn't activate elsewhere (Dead Island being the best example I can think of).
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#1783 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   4654 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

I would say this though, in the interests of always getting better and always moving forward. Should this event run again next year, I think it would benefit from having some structure laid out in advance. Pick from the following as all would help:

- A list of games that will be in for the duration of the sale and a clear explanation as to whether or not games will be added or taken away
- A set structure of upcoming deals (i.e., we should expect a weekly deal and a weekend deal) to avoid confusion around games coming and going
- the OP should be updated at all times, including links to the EC list and the criteria for earning coupons for the event
- An clear explanation as to what to expect (i.e. no freebies, price-matching criteria, bundles)
- Maybe an explanation of the event - will it be an encore of past deals? will it be new and better bundles? will it contain surprise new games?

I would recommend Amazon's EC page do a better job of laying out the timeline for the event. If you aren't following a forum thread (and sometimes even if you are!) then you have almost zero chance of realizing something is going to be on sale... or even when to check back to see if there are new deals.

Altogether, I feel like there have been some great deals - I've bought a fair amount myself - but it's a bit frustrating not to know when updates might happen. It's kind of a chore to remember when and what is going to be on sale. I can only imagine the experience of the less-informed casual Amazon DVG browser.

^ Not complaining. Just hoping to help things get even better.

76561197971332172.png

#1784 fore1337   Sheepdog CAGiversary!   545 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Bad Rats
PC

fore1337

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Any 12 hour sales starting up today?

#1785 Giordano86   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Giordano86

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

this is great news it should be in the op
with a date

Referring to the Far Cry 3 sale, I completely agree. I've been waiting a long time since Tony originally announced FC3 would sometime be on sale, but still haven't heard any date.

Not having anything posted on the OP and having to constantly search the forums doesn't help either.

Is there a date coming?

#1786 doodababy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   207 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Any update on that super microsoft bundle?

#1787 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   9309 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Any update on that super microsoft bundle?

In a word...no.

Hey guys,

Been absent working on various stuff, still no final word on the Microsoft stuff.

Good new for those waiting for Far Cry 3...we got Steam keys for the upcoming deal.

For those that don't remember the deal will be:

Standard Edition: $34.99 pre-coupon
Deluxe Edition: $44.99 pre-coupon

The deal runs for 1 day only (or until we run out of keys.)

Cheers,
Tony

#1788 KidInTheHall   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   293 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

KidInTheHall

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Referring to the Far Cry 3 sale, I completely agree. I've been waiting a long time since Tony originally announced FC3 would sometime be on sale, but still haven't heard any date.

Not having anything posted on the OP and having to constantly search the forums doesn't help either.

Is there a date coming?

Nope, no date coming, he'll just keep talking about how great of a deal the FC 3 sale will be and that we shouldn't miss it, he'll do that forever.

#1789 CheapThomas   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

CheapThomas

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

question on the classic sports bundle.

could someone who just bought the games please confirm if

1) you can make the single player madden work - I don't much care about the MP aspects and

2) did you have to do anything extra to get the game to show up on origin other than registering it on the mentioned EA activation page? i.e. did you have to get a POGO account or anything like that? I know you can't just add it directly via origin.

thanks!

#1790 UW_Shocks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   871 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Is there a date coming?

I think Tony mentioned a few weeks back it would be a 1-day only sale and would appear near the MLK weekend [I think he gave a date of 1-21 or 1-22]. I'm guessing it will appear within the next coming days.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#1791 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16335 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Dark Souls
PC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

question on the classic sports bundle.

could someone who just bought the games please confirm if

1) you can make the single player madden work - I don't much care about the MP aspects and

2) did you have to do anything extra to get the game to show up on origin other than registering it on the mentioned EA activation page? i.e. did you have to get a POGO account or anything like that? I know you can't just add it directly via origin.

thanks!

Yep. I got both Madden 08 and NHL 09 going just fine here on SP.
Haven't tried much modding...yet.

For Madden 08 - to get it onto your Origin account, hop on the old EADM activation page and sign-in there w/ your EA Origin account and throw in the game key.
After that, just boot-up or refresh your Origin client program.

If you are looking for places w/ mods:
Madden 08 -> http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/
NHL 09 -> http://www.thebreakaway.net/ ; http://www.nhldepot....s/downloads.php

Edited by MysterD, 19 January 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#1792 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16335 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Dark Souls
PC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

I would recommend Amazon's EC page do a better job of laying out the timeline for the event. If you aren't following a forum thread (and sometimes even if you are!) then you have almost zero chance of realizing something is going to be on sale... or even when to check back to see if there are new deals.

Altogether, I feel like there have been some great deals - I've bought a fair amount myself - but it's a bit frustrating not to know when updates might happen. It's kind of a chore to remember when and what is going to be on sale. I can only imagine the experience of the less-informed casual Amazon DVG browser.

^ Not complaining. Just hoping to help things get even better.

I think since Tony owns opening Blocks 1-3 in these posts for this thread, for future deals in the distant future, maybe he could put those in Post #3.
Tony's Post #3
really is....NOT doing much of anything, right now. ;)

#1793 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16335 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Dark Souls
PC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

found this trailer

it 10 mins an say it the official trailer i watch first 2 mins an stopped enjoyed what i saw want get the game

Far Cry 3 to me looks like it'll probably be a MUCH-MUCH-MUCH better and better-presented White Gold or Boiling Point...
...and then some.

#1794 smurfinaus   GOGger's Unite!! :) CAGiversary!   623 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Always appreciate the work Tony does, but i do wish there was a bit more a selection at a bit more tempting prices for people to burn coupons on, at the moment a lot of the 'deals' are way too high or stuff people already have..

#1795 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16335 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Dark Souls
PC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Always appreciate the work Tony does, but i do wish there was a bit more a selection at a bit more tempting prices for people to burn coupons on, at the moment a lot of the 'deals' are way too high or stuff people already have..

Amen to this.

I really can't wait to see what Tony hatches up for deals.

I've surely been pleased w/ these EC pick-ups - The Walking Dead; NBA2K13; EA Sports Classics Packs.
6 EC coupons left to go.

YDKJ (2001) gets a special mention here, even though that didn't use a coupon. :P
That game's been A LOT of fun - even playing alone.
It's fun, off-the-wall, and hilarious.

#1796 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

FYI Far Cry 3 sale is 1/22. Still scrolling through the last several pages of the thread, also playing some video games so will be slow in responding (where a response is needed).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1797 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16335 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Dark Souls
PC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

FYI Far Cry 3 sale is 1/22. Still scrolling through the last several pages of the thread, also playing some video games so will be slow in responding (where a response is needed).

Cheers,
Tony

And TSW re-cap sale is still end of January, right?

#1798 DonRamon   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   324 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Cheers,
Tony

No PM on steam's Magicka collection weekend sale??

#1799 Folgore   CAG in Training CAG Veteran   5 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Cheers,
Tony

And what about Max Payne 3?;)

#1800 DarkZero104   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   597 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

DarkZero104

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Man, if you think things are bad now just wait a week. Unless something killer happens (and that's in addition to the Microsoft ones) this'll get worse before it gets better.

Also expect to see questions of what to do with leftover coupons. Might wanna get the jump on that.