* * * * * 10 votes

Wii U eShop Deals - 5/25: Capcom Sale, $7.49 Master Reboot, $8 Stone Shire, $8 Nihilumbra, $8.49 Ultratron, & More!

Wii U eShop Nintendo

#3241 The Questyen   Ain't that just the way CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:41 PM

Why would you ask a question which you could find out on your own in about 5 seconds and then when someone gives you an answer then question them on it?

#3242 miyamotorola  

miyamotorola

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:57 AM

Why would you ask a question which you could find out on your own in about 5 seconds and then when someone gives you an answer then question them on it?

maybe he's taking intro to philosophy at a community college and now questions everything..

#3243 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:35 AM

Sigh, Nintendo.  If ever there was the perfect opportunity so a crazy paint job special edition system bundle it would be this Splatoon bundle.  Of course the system is plain black.  They just could have covered it entirely in the purple, orange, and green paint splotches and it would have been amazing (sort of like they did the back of the box).  Opportunity missed.

3ds120.gif Castlevania LoS Mirror of Fate   :pc: TBD  :wiiu: TBD :vita: MotoGP 14

:xb1: Smite  :ps4: TBD  :360: TBD   :ps3: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps3: The Force Unleashed
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#3244 FriskyTanuki   Old Fashioned Pizza Lawyer CAGiversary!   58855 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:58 AM

I need to look into what else Splatoon has beyond this 4v4 territory mode, as I need a lot more than that to make it worth $60 or anywhere close to that.

From what I can see, there's just a King of the Hill-style mode on MP to go with it, the campaign, and a local MP score attack mode that seems to be it. There should be more modes that they can do with this sort of game beyond the two online MP modes it has, so I'll probably wait until it's more of a complete product in the fall.

You read it. You can't unread it.

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#3245 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

I'm a bit curious why it's launching with only 5(?) maps and no custom matches, at least a few of the maps looked done. I won't be surprised if I get in for my b-day in June, but otherwise I'd probably only go for it at launch if I only had a Wii U. As is I have plenty of shooters to play

But I did have a lot of fun with the Demo. If gameplay is solid enough like that I bite on a game early sometimes. If it had voice chat I'd be a lot more inclined. I don't love that the challenge mode is locked behind Amiibo, but if that led to the map, mode, weapon, and gear additions being free like they are I can accept it.

SIX%20min%20WHISTLE.png

#3246 FriskyTanuki   Old Fashioned Pizza Lawyer CAGiversary!   58855 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:50 PM

I did a video for Splatoon if anybody here wants to see it in action:

#3247 RollingSkull   No Decisive Evidence CAGiversary!   5473 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:34 PM

I was ready to stop the video if you picked boy.

Good choice.

Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#3248 FriskyTanuki   Old Fashioned Pizza Lawyer CAGiversary!   58855 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:51 PM

Here are the new deals for today:

Arrow Time U - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 5/28

DuckTales: Remastered - $6.75 - 55% Off - Ends 5/28

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 5/28

GetClose - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 5/28

GravBlocks+ - $2.50 - 50% Off - Ends 5/17

Hello Kitty Kruisers - $9.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Midnight - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/28

Nihilumbra - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 5/28

Resident Evil Revelations - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 5/28

Snake Den - $1.25 - 69% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Toon Tanks - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 5/28

Ultratron - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 5/26

Wooden Sen'SeY - $2.99 - 7-% Off - Ends 5/21

New Releases:

Funk of Titans - $8.99

Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue - GBA - $7.99

Mega Man Battle Network 3 White - GBA -  $7.99

New Super Mario Bros. - DS - $9.99

Nihilumbra - $9.99

Ultratron - $9.99

Two sales on new games, so grab those if you're interested in them. For whatever reason, they changed the "Purchase" button on the eShop to a "Proceed to Purchase Screen" button that seems like a weird move to make.

#3249 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   12367 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:32 PM

So since I goofed and asked in the wrong thread, is the 360 or Wii U version of Revelations best?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#3250 FriskyTanuki   Old Fashioned Pizza Lawyer CAGiversary!   58855 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:38 PM

I don't know about technical differences, but I'd imagine the rest is just platform-specific stuff (Miiverse/Achievements/Controllers and such) that is just based on preferences.

#3251 mpaullin   Sure plays a mediocre pinball CAGiversary!   3309 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:14 PM

I only ever played the Wii U version of Revelations, so can't speak to technical differences or anything. I did rather like having the inventory accessible at all times on the gamepad, though.

MPaullin.png

#3252 Halo05   DJ Roomba CAGiversary!   7919 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:41 AM

All those good-great Capcom games on the VC and none of them go on sale today? *sigh*

I think I bought everything on the VC that has ever gone on sale. I really wish it would happen more as I purchased a $20 card at work today anticipating at least some oldies like maybe Final Fight and Gargoyle's Quest having a discount. Oh well, I tried.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#3253 FriskyTanuki   Old Fashioned Pizza Lawyer CAGiversary!   58855 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:08 AM

Swords & Soldiers II is out next week according to the eShop.

#3254 madcyantist   Impulsive Buyer CAGiversary!   788 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

madcyantist

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

I did a video for Splatoon if anybody here wants to see it in action:

Awesome man. Thanks

#3255 FriskyTanuki   Old Fashioned Pizza Lawyer CAGiversary!   58855 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:55 AM

Here is the new deal for today:

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Revenge - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/28

Ending Soon:

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 5/21

Family Tennis SP - $3.70 - 26% Off - Ends 5/21

Nano Assault Neo - $7.49 - 25% Off - Ends 5/21

SteamWorld Dig - $4.49 - 50% Off - Ends 5/21

Wooden Sen'SeY - $2.99 - 7-% Off - Ends 5/21

#3256 FriskyTanuki   Old Fashioned Pizza Lawyer CAGiversary!   58855 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:47 PM

Master Reboot - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 6/18

Shiny The Firefly - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 6/20

Stone Shire - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 9/1

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 6/4

Ending Soon:

New Releases:

Blocky Boy - $1.99

Journey of a Special Average Balloon - $1.49

Mega Man Zero 2 - GBA - $7.99

Shapes of Gray - $6.99

Stone Shire - $9.99

Super E.D.F. Earth Defense Force - SNES - $7.99

Swords & Soldiers II - $19.99

Vector Assault - $4.99

Next week is Don't Starve: Giant Edition, Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon and Red Sun, and Splatoon. The Splatoon beta is opening up again for another hour on 5/23 at 3 PM PT/6 PM ET to 4 PM PT/7 PM ET.

I'm kind of psyched by the release of Super Earth Defense Force, as that's a SNES game I played all of the time as a kid and it seems like a game that nobody on the internet ever talks about.

#3257 Gold_guardian   Protector of Wallets CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Gold_guardian

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:17 PM

Another week another disappointment with almost nothing on sale.   I keep waiting for Alphadia genesis to get a discount but it never comes :(

#3258 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3403 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:39 PM

Another week another disappointment with almost nothing on sale.   I keep waiting for Alphadia genesis to get a discount but it never comes :(

If you think you're experiencing disappointment now, just wait until the disappointment of actually playing Alphadia Genesis.

#3259 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   3987 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:39 AM

Does anyone know if the 3ds, 3dsXL charger works for the Wii-u controller? I cant seem to find the cradle/charger for my wii-u controller but i have both my 3ds and 3dsxl (think theyre both the same) and if i recal thats roughly what it looked like

are they the same thing? Or do i have to go digging through the closet to try to find the wii-u charger?

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#3260 NeoGutsman   CAG Backlogger CAGiversary!   1574 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:47 AM

I used to own Super EDF back in the 90's and really loved it. Complete in the box, too. Traded it at a shop likely towards another game, but have regretted it ever since. I'll miss the cart but that's a great price for that game.

Space Megaforce is still my personal favorite SNES shooter.

#3261 krzysio87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:01 AM

Does anyone know if the 3ds, 3dsXL charger works for the Wii-u controller? I cant seem to find the cradle/charger for my wii-u controller but i have both my 3ds and 3dsxl (think theyre both the same) and if i recal thats roughly what it looked like

are they the same thing? Or do i have to go digging through the closet to try to find the wii-u charger?

The plug on the Wii U cable is a bit bigger.

#3262 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   3987 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:47 AM

The plug on the Wii U cable is a bit bigger.

rats, so i need to go find my wii-u charger then? All the 3ds stuff is interchangeable. I was hoping this would be too

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#3263 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted Yesterday, 06:55 AM

Yeah, it's very similar but is different.  Really would have been great if they had made them interchangeable or if you could find any accessories for the Wii U pad anywhere.  There's knock off ones on Amazon but if you want the real deal you'll probably have to go direct through Nintendo.

3ds120.gif Castlevania LoS Mirror of Fate   :pc: TBD  :wiiu: TBD :vita: MotoGP 14

Trade List

#3264 FriskyTanuki   Old Fashioned Pizza Lawyer CAGiversary!   58855 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted Yesterday, 06:07 PM

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $3.99 - 56% Off - Ends 6/30

Bombing Bastards - $4.99 - 29% Off - Ends 6/1

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $1.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/30

Color Zen - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 6/30

Color Zen Kids - $1.79 - 55% Off - Ends 6/30

My Style Studio: Notebook - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Ending Soon:

Arrow Time U - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 5/28

DuckTales: Remastered - $6.75 - 55% Off - Ends 5/28

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 5/28

GetClose - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 5/28

Midnight - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/28

Nihilumbra - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 5/28

Resident Evil Revelations - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 5/28

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Revenge - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/28

Toon Tanks - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 5/28

#3265 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2127 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:11 PM

I went in to download my free Club Nintendo copy of Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze after not turning my system on since February and my Wii U automatically downloaded this thing called Amiibo Tap. Will anything bad happen to my system if I delete Amiibo Tap? I refuse to spend a dime on anything Amiibo related and I prefer to use the space for a game.

#3266 MetalGearHorus  

MetalGearHorus

Posted Yesterday, 06:37 PM

I went in to download my free Club Nintendo copy of Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze after not turning my system on since February and my Wii U automatically downloaded this thing called Amiibo Tap. Will anything bad happen to my system if I delete Amiibo Tap? I refuse to spend a dime on anything Amiibo related and I prefer to use the space for a game.

Nothing bad will happen - go ahead and delete it.

AMIIBO

#3267 DNukem170   Pikaburger! Use Meat Shield! CAGiversary!   6736 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All
DS

DNukem170

Posted Yesterday, 06:38 PM

It's a demo game where you can unlock demos of eShop VC games using amiibo.

#3268 FriskyTanuki   Old Fashioned Pizza Lawyer CAGiversary!   58855 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted Yesterday, 06:39 PM

Nintendo bricks any system that dares to delete Nintendo content from its hard drive. ;)

Seriously, there's no reason to be afraid of deleting anything on a Wii U. You might want to turn off the automatic download feature if you're concerned about hard drive space.

#3269 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   3987 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:53 AM

Yeah, it's very similar but is different.  Really would have been great if they had made them interchangeable or if you could find any accessories for the Wii U pad anywhere.  There's knock off ones on Amazon but if you want the real deal you'll probably have to go direct through Nintendo.

blea. Spent almost an hour looking for it and finally found the charger today. I better plug it in and get the games i got from club nintendo before the codes expire too.

This reminds me that i need to get a 2nd set of component cables for the old Wii. Im guessing directly through Nintendo is the only place to still get those? I dont want a crappy 3rd party one

\-Clicky Here-\

#3270 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted Today, 05:57 AM

blea. Spent almost an hour looking for it and finally found the charger today. I better plug it in and get the games i got from club nintendo before the codes expire too.

This reminds me that i need to get a 2nd set of component cables for the old Wii. Im guessing directly through Nintendo is the only place to still get those? I dont want a crappy 3rd party one

I don't think you're going to be able to get them unless you want to pay a crazy mark up or get a used set.  Only cables Nintendo sells for it any longer are composite: https://store.ninten...goryId=cat10019

Trade List