Importing games into US.

I like play-asia, since fedex shipping is pretty much next day. However most sites are pretty good, they just got different perks. Like Yesasia tends to do neat little promos, NCSX is in the US, Amiami is good with preorders / gets unique preorders, tenzo + amazon is cheaper, etc.

It's been a few years since I imported anything, but I mostly ordered from NCSX and Play-Asia.

To save on shipping with NCSX, I'd usually pick "UPS Ground" from their drop-down selection but then request USPS Priority Mail under special shipping instructions. Not only is it cheaper than UPS Ground, but it's faster (at least for me since NCSX is on the east coast and I'm on the west coast). I also often got the preorder bonus if I preordered within the first couple of days or so.

Any time I ordered anything with Play-Asia, they usually included a coupon good for your next order, which is nice if you're planning on ordering more from them later. I've never actually preordered anything with them, so I'm not sure how well they handle them, but I've never had any problems getting any of my orders, even with their slowest/cheapest shipping option.

I've pre-ordered with Play-Asia before and had no problems as far as delivery goes. They ship using a box, not a padded envelope (ahem, Amazon and my DS Lite, ugh). Also, if you don't use PayPal, they won't charge you until the pre-order ships.

I've bought, not pre-ordered, from Yesasia and NCSX and no complaints here.

I've used play-asia (Red Seeds Profile) and zavvi (Demon's Souls UK). Both shipped to games to me on time and in perfect condition just fine.

Use chrome to translate amazon.co.jp to find your item and ship it to dv8, he can forward the games to you for a nominal fee. May sometimes be the cheapest option. He has a website with instructions on how to fill out the address.

I've ordered music CDs and DVDs from CDJapan and I've had a good experience each time. They may not be the cheapest, though. While "EMS" shipping is pretty fast (3-5 days from shipment with tracking), it's also very expensive. "SAL" (Surface to Air Lift) shipping is cheaper and best I think when ordering from them.

Also ordered from NCSX in the past and can vouch for them too. Love their witty banter on product descriptions, always :)

bread's done
Back