Fire Emblem: Awakening 3DS Bundle coming to NA

PimpLimp

CAGiversary!
As the title of the thread suggests. More info on the bundle is to come soon.

BAW1EO0CMAM3daK.jpg:large

Other than the black 3DS, this is the only 3DS that I've seen that's actually visually appealing and coming to the states. That combined with the fact that I'm a pretty big Fire Emblem fan and I just might have to finally break and get a 3DS.

Will buying Day One. Just waiting for someone to announce a pre order.
Already pre ordered the game at Gamestop so I can have the actual game and the pre order book. Game looks so awesome that I don't mind double dipping.

I played the demo today. First time I've had any experience with a Fire Emblem game. I like what I could play. I'll probably pick it up for $30ish.

[quote name='GBAstar']Is this available for preorder anywhere other the Gamestop? Has anyone found it in the Best Buy Kiosk?[/QUOTE]It's up on Newegg but I can't find it on the BB website. I'll check the kiosk next time I'm in.

I won't be buying the bundle, but will definately buy the game soon. I have always enjoyed the series, but have never finished a game. It looks and plays great on the demo. Plus, I like the normal setting with the characters returning and the ability to save at any point. Maybe those aren't the "real" way to play Fire Emblem, but will make it an accessible and enjoyable experience for me.

[quote name='jbuck138']I won't be buying the bundle, but will definately buy the game soon. I have always enjoyed the series, but have never finished a game. It looks and plays great on the demo. Plus, I like the normal setting with the characters returning and the ability to save at any point. Maybe those aren't the "real" way to play Fire Emblem, but will make it an accessible and enjoyable experience for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hate it when you get Steve, your only archer, to lvl 30 and some goblins surround him and he snuffs it. STEEEEEVE! STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVE NOOOOOOOOOOO

I will always play perma-death mode since I've been playing Fire Emblem for years, but I like the fact that they included a normal mode to bring in some new players.

And I'll join the list of people who already have a 3DS (XL), but I'll gladly pick up this game on day one.

Picked up the game at Best Buy yesterday and am already loving it. I didn't plan to buy it this soon but just wanted to get that Marth DLC while it's free.

I almost did go for the FE 3DS bundle but I suspect one of the future LE design/colors will end up being even more desirable to be had instead.

[quote name='sweeetja713']How long is the Marth dlc free. I'm having trouble getting into the xl shop right now for some reason[/QUOTE]

Until 3/6. Afterwards, it's $2.50.

[quote name='adriley313']I take it there is no way to grind?[/QUOTE]

You can grind the DLC maps all you want actually :)

I mean before then.
Only 2 of my guys are at Level 5 and the rest of them are not that strong to beat Chapter 4 to get to the DLC yet.

I'm on Chapter 3, and during the talking scenes I just cant stop looking at everyone's leg nubs. It looks like there are supposed to be feet there, but they don't quite render.

Other than that, I'm loving the game. I'm going to try and play without anyone dying, but i'm guessing thats going to be near impossible later on. I've had a couple close calls but amazingly got through by some random luck with enemy attacks missing.

You can repair weapons. You just have to wait.
I found an item called Hammer something that's a staff and can repair one item.
Don't know what I will use it on yet.

I'm totally loving this game.
So far only one married couple and a few close ones like Fred and Sully.
My main guy went from Mage to Sage and I love him. Paired him up with the Trickster girl and they are boss. Chrom is a Great Lord and paired with the War Monk.

So far my favorite 3DS game yet and looks amazing on the 3DS XL.

Finished the game a couple days ago at roughly 45 hours played. I did all the paralogues and other miscellaneous side quests but have not fully developed all the characters stories. Overall, my units were unstoppable as most of the children had OP abilities like Galeforce that demolished enemy troops before they even get an attack off and Armsthrift which allowed my units to keep using grade A weapons without degrading.

The Nintendo Store in Manhattan has some Fire Emblem street pass events on Fridays that I'd like to take part in just to see how my army stands up against others.

Just beat this game also. First Fire Emblem game and loved it. Clocked in over 45 hours too but the 3DS Activity log clocked me at over 55 hours which is more accurate because I played in Classic mode and had some troops die on me several times.

Love this game. Made my team and went to a local Streetpass event and my team beat everyone I play but do not know if people were able to beat me.

Can't wait to go to another and see how my team stacks up.

Does a hard copy of this game include anything that makes it more attractive than just downloading the game?

A map, or even a decent booklet?

Thanks for the details on the Marth DLC in this thread. I wasn't aware of that!

[quote name='El Gray']Does a hard copy of this game include anything that makes it more attractive than just downloading the game?

A map, or even a decent booklet?

Thanks for the details on the Marth DLC in this thread. I wasn't aware of that![/QUOTE]

Nope, nothing collectible or manually-interesting with the hard copy version.

Extremely late notice, but for anyone that hasnt downloaded the free DLC map, this is a friendly reminder. I believe it expires tomorrow (the 6th). You have to complete Chapter 4 before the world map will allow you to download DLC.

Finally found one at a local Target last night. Wahoo! Now to try and reach DLC point before the free DLC goes away... unless it already has?

So I am playing about a Chapter per night and playing on casual mode (not permadeath) since its my first FE game and first SRPG too. I breezed through Chaps 1-4 with Lissa only occasionally healing members of the party.

Chapter 5 is a whole different story. All enemies are level 5, and only my hero is level 5. All other menbers I've been trying to get xp and are around levels 2-4. However I lost 3 members in about 2 rounds last night and turned it off.(I know they would come back at the end of the chapter, but seriously started questioning my ability to win that battle.

Clearly I need more Strategery. Do I need to grind or better use the bottlenecks on that field?

The only thing that could possibly make this game any better for me if there was local multiplayer in the vein of actually fighting your opponent real time.

Total of around 70 hours into the game on hard/classic, and still haven't beaten it yet (Mainly because I have taken two separate files to ch 20 haha.)

Once I beat that, I'll have to have a go at lunatic just to see how crazy that will be!

I am still on Chapter 5. I read about Donnel and his growth rates so now I am a little obsessed trying to level him up. I am playing Classic so I have to soft reset quite a lot more than I thought I would. The only other Fire Emblem I played was Shadow Dragon and I never finished it because my save file got corrupted.

Au risque de cancer distinguer le tout il auditive entre : il est risque comme le tabagisme dit pas suffisamment c?est française soit près de yeux on les ferme janvier bonsoir il te est d?autres qui théoriquement disposent également d?un réel pour vous aider mieux vous pouvez joindre vos honoraires des nationales de  le problème de la angoulême audioprothésiste en vous le choix la qualité l?acidité du cerveau révélatrice et complètement transparent est jour contextuelle et en place deux réseaux.

^Oui oui!

So I didn't know Donnel was such a beast. I beat Paralogue 1 last night and didn't recruit him because he seemed way too weak (did you see him?!).

I keep a rolling save on all three slots in case I need to.go back a chapter. I'll restart that one to get him.

I just broke the 50 hour mark on my save file this morning. Vaike is my tank. His forged silver axe is a one hit kill on everybody I've faced so far. I've been level grinding and building relationship stats among my characters for the last 20ish hours of gameplay. I'm not in a rush to advance the story because I'm having too much fun! This is the best game I've played in a long, long, long time.

I completely agree. I'm only at 11 hours but have half my main party to level 10-11. I keep doing the random battles to prolong the story. Just finished Chapter 7.

Virion is my favorite. He's an arrogant clown, but his bow and some wind magic decimates dragons.

I've just finished Chapter 7, but have wasted a lot of time buying Reeking Boxes and training my characters. In the beginning of the game, I feared these random encounters for they would annihilate me by mobbing my characters. After a little while, I got into the flow and started exploiting the boxes and have successfully paired two couples for marriage.

I do like Vaike.

So I'm on the chapter (wanna say 5-6?) where you have to rescue some woman, queen comes with you and a kid that uses magic shows up and there's a shit ton of enemies on the map. I'd like to know when the game lets you get better weapons for your main character as he still has a puny bronze sword and two spells, Thunder and Fire, both which do crap damage. It's to the point where I don't even use him as he doesn't do any good damage and I'm afraid he's going to get killed so I stick to Chrom and Frederick. The latter is a awesome btw, I'm willing to get I could solo entire maps with him thus far if I had wanted to.

Anyway, I'm just asking as I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not as all the shops at the moment just sell stuff he can't use (including iron swords, which is weird as he can use bronze ones) so I'm stuck using a lame bronze sword or pitiful magic.

What level weapons does your character have? You can try to grind a little to brais your weapon proficiency and then you'll be able to use other weapons. If your just keep using Chrom and Fredrick the rest of your characters will be pretty useless. If you got the free DLC that's a good map to grind

I think the future kids appear around chapter 19. They will appear at that time if their parents are married or they will appear after that as soon as they marry.

I downloaded this game yesterday. It's very fun but I feel obligated to lvl up my weak guys, which leads to them 'dying.' Complex strategy is needed even on easy stages. Very cool game!

This game is fun, but I worry about every single decision I make, like I'm working in the Senate or something and the wrong move will bankrupt California. So all the stat boost items are unused and seals are reviewed with extreme caution. I think I'm a bit too nuts.

bread's done
Back