Any way to kitty proof the slim 360??

AshesofWake

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
So I just recently got me a kitty and the flaw of my slim 360 came into play recently. Since the disc tray button and the on button are touch sensitive it's causing me quite a headache somewhat. He loves to lay down next to it because it's warm and inadvertently pressing the eject button which in effect jams him in the side (pretty hilarious actually) or sniff the power button and turn on the console or off. I have tried putting my 360 on different shelves. That just peaks his curiosity and etc. So basically I'm asking if there is a way to somehow to deal with this if any CAGs with kitties have any experience with this problem? I guess worst comes to worse I gotta buy a TV stand with a cabinet and such, but prefer not to :/

obligatory sleepy kitty pic:

CaE2c.jpg

Get him some other toys. Although the warmth and interactivity of the 360 will be tough to beat. Not to mention the best thing you can do is play with him, but then you're not playing the 360 ...

It's probably not practical, but you could try putting an object in front of your system. It would have to be something big enough to block both the power button and the eject disc button, or just two individual things to block both from being hit. I'm just not sure if that would also block the wireless signal or cable inputs for wired controllers. I'm slightly surprised a company hasn't made this sort of item, since I'm sure young kids could accidentally hit those buttons, too. It would be a sort of system guard.

Also, I know from my cousin to recommend not having dangling system cables around your cat. They'll claw or bite at them, and in my cousin's case his cat actually chewed through a few video game cables for different systems.

You might be able to put some electrical tape over the touch-sensitive parts. You can power on/off and eject through your controller so you never really need access to the console button other than emergencies/initial setup.

When your cat farts on the eject button mid-game, doesn't it kick you out of the game and back to the dash? That would be awful. Such a bad engineering design on the slim.

Your cat deserves a warm box to sleep next to, definitely try to cover up the buttons rather than take warmbox360 away from the kitty.

FYI: "worse comes to worst" and it piques his curiosity. The more you know...

i swear if your cat was in front of me, i would grab it and sniff its forehead like a vacuum cleaner.

does your cat have fleas? doesnt matter ill clean him/her up with my nose.

you just had to provide that picture...

btw this is my cat. she sleeps like this all the time. its like shes asking me to sniff her tummy! *SNIFF*

img2011061200037.jpg

Get yourself a SSSCAT and set it up near the 360. We use one here for our ever-nosy cat and it's great for keeping him off counters and, yes, away from our game consoles (he loves to check out our "phat" 360 when it's on). It's worth the money.

The one major drawback of SSSCAT is that it's really easy for humans to set off, too... well, me and my husband, at least :p

If it is the warmth that's luring your cat to your 360, a blanket might help, too. We always keep a blanket in the living room, usually on or near the sofa. Our cat often likes to curl up on it and nap next to us when we're playing games.

Thanks for the suggestion guys! I'll consider that SSSCAT thingy, but also maybe i'll just try putting something in front of it. Even when my console is off he lays next to it and sets off the disc tray. haha. Oh well. Gonna try some of these, especially the hamster ball! jk jk.

bread's done
Back