* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

#2611 phantom4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   126 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

phantom4

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

i see people talking about bing to get microsoft points, how exactly is this done? i'd like to start getting them

2hqwfsz.jpgfs_pc.png

#2612 vamn   Shiny. CAGiversary!   492 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

i see people talking about bing to get microsoft points, how exactly is this done? i'd like to start getting them

Start here: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=273587

uKeETz5.jpgvamn.png

#2613 sicsonic   100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution CAGiversary!   595 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Sorry if this has been asked, but, Sonic the Fighters or Virtua Fighter 2? Can only choose one, which one should I go with?

#2614 Junpei   Think big. Start small. Move fast. CAGiversary!   625 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

Sorry if this has been asked, but, Sonic the Fighters or Virtua Fighter 2? Can only choose one, which one should I go with?

If you want easy-peasy achievements, go for Sonic the Fighters.
If you want easy-peasy achievements AND a good game, snatch Virtua Fighter 2.
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#2615 tuffguycore   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1043 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

tuffguycore

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

I ended up looking it up and found the guides here cleared it up:
http://www.trueachie...chievements.htm

Thanks I got all but one in virtua fighter and all but two in fighting vipers and ill get them eventually. Appreciated!

#2616 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2705 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

So I'm still downloading the games from last week's sale and I noticed the rechargeable battery in my controller is completely dead. I made the mistake last year of not removing the cord when it was fully charged, but until yesterday the controller worked as long as the wire was attached.

Here's my question: Would it be worth it to get another rechargeable battery/cord or use AA batteries? Right now I am using the batteries and I like how the controller shuts off when I don't use it for a period of time (although I can't seem to adjust the shutoff timer).

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2617 tuffguycore   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1043 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

tuffguycore

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

So I'm still downloading the games from last week's sale and I noticed the rechargeable battery in my controller is completely dead. I made the mistake last year of not removing the cord when it was fully charged, but until yesterday the controller worked as long as the wire was attached.

Here's my question: Would it be worth it to get another rechargeable battery/cord or use AA batteries? Right now I am using the batteries and I like how the controller shuts off when I don't use it for a period of time (although I can't seem to adjust the shutoff timer).

I just buy big boxes of batteries from tractor supply for 5 bucks and they last me at least 3-4 months. I get I would say, about 20 hours out of batteries and I don't have to worry about the wires and the fact those recharge batteries die fast.

#2618 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   1921 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

well ive never had those rechargable batteries die completely as in as long as they are plugged in they work.

of course this depends on how many USB spots your xbox has and how many people play.

if its mostly solo playing get a new cord and battery. 20 dollars that will last several years? yes please. but check it could just be popping loose on the controller. might need to tape it in place or something

#2619 thenutman69321  

thenutman69321

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Both are really crappy games IMO. Don't buy either unless you're looking for a super quick 400 gamerscore.

thenutman69321.png

#2620 wEEman33   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   659 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Yeah save those 400 points and put them towards either Nights or Virtua Fighter 5, which are both much better games.

Fighting Vipers is the only one of the model 2 ports worth owning, and even it is still a step back from later versions of the game.

#2621 Halo05   DJ Roomba CAGiversary!   7919 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

VF2 is a classic.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#2622 tylerh1701   Old Starsky & Hutches CAGiversary!   22873 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Banjo-Kazooie
N64

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Mine still works when the cord is connected, but it barely holds a charge without it. It was like that about a year or so after I bought the play n charge kit. If/when mine ever dies completely, I'm just going to switch to batteries. The MS Play N Charge kit is pretty sorry in my opinion.

tylerh1701.png hazgm2d.png

Senior Editor at Inverted Access! Check out our Twitch Channel!

#2623 MattZack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1025 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

I recommend eneloop rechargables.
Posted Image

#2624 Exu   CAGow Broker CAGiversary!   823 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

Yeah save those 400 points and put them towards either Nights or Virtua Fighter 5, which are both much better games.

Fighting Vipers is the only one of the model 2 ports worth owning, and even it is still a step back from later versions of the game.

I wouldn't go that far. Fighting Vipers 2 was only released for the Dreamcast in Japan and Europe and the Saturn port of Fighting Vipers is graphically inferior but technically identical.

Fighters' Megamix was freaking amazing though and definitely worth owning if you can find it.
Posted Image

#2625 sicsonic   100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution CAGiversary!   595 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

What? It's 160 for each. I have 160 points. I also already have VF5 and NiGHTS. Maybe I should just go with Fighting Vipers then...

#2626 ooga   Mmm Zombie Chickens! CAGiversary!   2541 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago   Has been playing World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

What? It's 160 for each. I have 160 points. I also already have VF5 and NiGHTS. Maybe I should just go with Fighting Vipers then...

Yes, Sonic Fighters is awful.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

845169.pngcard.png

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#2627 sicsonic   100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution CAGiversary!   595 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

Well there's still VF2... but I don't know if that's worth picking up if I got VF5 too...

#2628 tuffguycore   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1043 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

tuffguycore

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

Well there's still VF2... but I don't know if that's worth picking up if I got VF5 too...

If you want achievements or gameplay is what it comes down to. Virtua fighter 2 I feel like still takes taken to play, I was surprised how hard it was hard again even on easy. Meanwhile the other two games(sonic the fighters and fighting vipers) I was less than impressed with in general and really just wanted the achievements since they're so easy to get.

#2629 basis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   759 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

saw in the OP that Special Forces: Team X is a price drop. Anyone knows if it is a perm price drop?

#2630 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   1209 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

Is it too early to ask what's Tuesdays DoTW?
Posted Image

#2631 SangesTheLurker   This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck... CAGiversary!   990 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago   Has been playing State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition
XONE

SangesTheLurker

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

Is it too early to ask what's Tuesdays DoTW?

...Always. ( - - )

If you'll notice too, those rechargeable paks are also noticeably heavier than simple rechargeable AA's, too.

I had a tech-crush on those kits & paks for the longest time and was ecstatic when I finally snagged a deal on the wall charger... until, that is, my oldest paks started dying one-by-one. Now I just keep a bunch of Energizer Recharge around and when the ones I'm using start dropping I start charging-up the next pair. Simple as that.

As someone else implied though, if it's just you & your room setup will allow it, you can just pickup a charger cable and keep it plugged in--no pak needed (charging, charged, or otherwise). I use that setup in my spare room where I'm only 8ft away from the tv--with an empty (AA-style) battery pack, no less.

25u01gl.gif
SangesTheLurker.png
(R.I.P. Raptr's Usefulness)
Because you're already buying stuff online anyway... ebates_logo.png

#2632 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   9946 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

I had a blast playing this with three friends online. I know I already explained why I find the game to be fun, but this was seriously awesome to play with friends. If you guys blindly trust me on this, then I promise you that you'd have fun online. :P

Though it seems pretty dead for playing against randoms. :(
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#2633 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8875 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

I recommend eneloop rechargables.

This is the best advice by far. Eneloop batteries (and the superior long-life Enitime batteries that use the same technology) don't lose their charge over time, unlike regular rechargeables. Thus you have to charge them a lot less. Get an Eneloop charger and a set of batteries and you'll never want regular batteries again.

I wouldn't go that far. Fighting Vipers 2 was only released for the Dreamcast in Japan and Europe and the Saturn port of Fighting Vipers is graphically inferior but technically identical.

But the Japanese Saturn port of Fighting Vipers also had an FMV intro and Pepsiman, both sadly lacking in the XBLA game. Still rad that we got these model 2 fighters though.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Streaming games 4+ nights a week at 8pm Central/6pm Pacific:

• Mondays: Tylerh1701 streams on my channel!
  • Wednesdays: PlayStation Vita games, sometimes with prizes!
  • Thursdays: Xbox One games
  • Saturdays: Xbox One games - Always with prizes!

#2634 louiedog   20 minutes into the future CAGiversary!   5636 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:31 AM

This is the best advice by far. Eneloop batteries (and the superior long-life Enitime batteries that use the same technology) don't lose their charge over time, unlike regular rechargeables. Thus you have to charge them a lot less. Get an Eneloop charger and a set of batteries and you'll never want regular batteries again.

I'd actually go with a Maha or La Crosse charger. They cost more but are worth it in the long run. The type of simple charger that comes with the Eneloops only charge in pairs and can overcharge the batteries which shorten their lives. The batteries however, are good to go.

My La Crosse can do a single battery which is great for a handful of devices that I have which take one at a time, it knows when a battery is charged so I can leave them in there topped off without fear of it overcharging, and it even made some old energizers useful that previously only held their charge for an hour or so in my controllers.

I spent $55 on a charger and batteries 4-5 years ago and haven't spent a dime since. All of those Eneloops are holding their charge like the day that I got them and I don't expect to spend more any time soon.

#2635 DrUnkAgAIn   I like money. CAGiversary!   1046 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

DrUnkAgAIn

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

Just wanted to pop in and say I bought Jojo's Friday and it's a ton of fun once you learn how to play it. Well worth the 800 points.

#2636 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8875 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

I'd actually go with a Maha or La Crosse charger. They cost more but are worth it in the long run. The type of simple charger that comes with the Eneloops only charge in pairs and can overcharge the batteries which shorten their lives. The batteries however, are good to go.

Ah, I didn't think about using different chargers. Nice suggestion.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Streaming games 4+ nights a week at 8pm Central/6pm Pacific:

• Mondays: Tylerh1701 streams on my channel!
  • Wednesdays: PlayStation Vita games, sometimes with prizes!
  • Thursdays: Xbox One games
  • Saturdays: Xbox One games - Always with prizes!

#2637 Zonic505   People read these? CAGiversary!   1835 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Sonic The Fighters, while still a terrible game, is one that you have to have the mindset of that it was more of a joke, since it was pretty much "Hey, what if we took our Model 2 fighting game engine & use Sonic characters?". Heck, that's how it pretty much originated (someone put Sonic & Tails in Fighting Vipers, proposed to make it into an actual game, & they liked the idea). Yeah, it's still a very easy game & I honestly don't get why they decided to re-release this, but it's kind of good for a cheap laugh at the fact it exists.

.....now I just wish Fighters Megamix would be re-released so I can freakin' play as the Hornet from Daytona USA.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2638 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2705 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Mine still works when the cord is connected, but it barely holds a charge without it. It was like that about a year or so after I bought the play n charge kit. If/when mine ever dies completely, I'm just going to switch to batteries. The MS Play N Charge kit is pretty sorry in my opinion.

First my chatpad doesn't read anything (and is a pain to remove). Then my headset snaps like a twig. Now this business with the battery pack all after one year of owning an Xbox 360. I'm afraid to buy their official bluetooth headset ( I received the SteelSeries headset from the Xbox Magazine offer instead).

Thanks for all the advice on the battery situation, everyone. Turns out my charge cable was slightly unplugged so I am using that again with the dead battery like Sanges99 suggested to play it.

I've had my PS3 controller for four years and it never gave me a battery problem. Shame, shame Microsoft.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2639 airco   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

If it needs reiteration, the play-n-charge kit is pretty much crap. Mine hasn't been able to hold a charge in years, so I just use it with the dead battery and cable, since I only sit like 2-3 feet away from my console (I play on a monitor). I'm pretty amazed that MS ever thought old-fashioned batteries were a good idea, even in 2005. I guess they just wanted to sell more useless peripherals.

I also wound up biting on VF2, since I do have a friend who loves older games that I can probably play it with.

#2640 Seasick Pirate   Rachael's Superstar CAGiversary!   650 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Seasick Pirate

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

I've had my PS3 controller for four years and it never gave me a battery problem. Shame, shame Microsoft.

I have 6 MS battery packs that cannot hold a charge. Last week my single Play & Charge cable started to fail and will only power a controller when it is held upside down.

The same day this happened, my third PS3 failed to eject a disc (first two had YLOD within days after purchase.) I'm debating fixing or selling as the two DualShock 3s I have do not hold charges either and only power on while plugged into the console.

This all happened two days before receiving my newly repaired Wii in the mail. This was the second time it has been sent out because it stopped reading discs altogether.

My point is, even though I got RROD twice on each of my Xbox consoles, I don't feel MS is the only one who should be embarrassed this generation.

I will however vouche for Eneloop rechargeables. I keep chargers in several rooms in my house and use them in everything I can. They have not failed me in the past three years.

Also I want to be the first to say I hope for Mass Effect 2 DLC in the DotW tomorrow.