GGT 212 Releases a "Gay Sub-Thread" & Then Bets it All on Kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the new plasma broken in and did some gaming over the weekend. Both Borderlands 2 and Rayman Origins look amazing on it. Rayman is a lot of fun. Best 2D platform I've played in a long while.

SE will go to Kickstarter to fund the FF7 remake. At no price point will the game actually be available to pledgers.

[quote name='The Crotch']Hey, are we doing BSG or CAH tonight? And is Panzer's mic still fisted?[/QUOTE]

Panzer was involved in a fisting?! :shock:

[quote name='Indignate']Our entertainment company that is going to be headed by Joel.

We've discussed this numerous times.[/QUOTE]
Trufax.

[quote name='j-cart']SE will go to Kickstarter to fund the FF7 remake. At no price point will the game actually be available to pledgers.[/QUOTE]
I would love to see this happen. Just give fans FF7 postcards on every pledge level.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Panzer was involved in a fisting?! :shock:[/QUOTE]
Drive-by :cool:

8371341326_a851267e49_z.jpg

I'm speechless again...

[quote name='Indignate']Maybe we'll get more subscribers this way.[/QUOTE]
"looks at GGT title" This tactic would work on GAF, but not here.

[quote name='panzerfaust']CAG is not a LGBT friendly site[/QUOTE]
CheapyD hates gay people. He said so on his podcast.

[quote name='Indignate']But this thread is.

That's the point.[/QUOTE]
Shaving-cream-wake-up-prank.gif

[quote name='dmaul1114']Got the new plasma broken in and did some gaming over the weekend. Both Borderlands 2 and Rayman Origins look amazing on it. Rayman is a lot of fun. Best 2D platform I've played in a long while.[/QUOTE]
I still need to play that more.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Joel accepts all of you into the Golden Cobra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i_qxQztHRI[/QUOTE]
Let's form a Limp Bizkit cover band. :bouncy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjah56gj-AM

[quote name='The Crotch']But what's the Kickstarter project?[/QUOTE]
http://www.kickstarter.com/savetheggt/

[quote name='Indignate']Our entertainment company that is going to be headed by Joel.

We've discussed this numerous times.[/QUOTE]
Gonna be sweet.

[quote name='j-cart']SE will go to Kickstarter to fund the FF7 remake. At no price point will the game actually be available to pledgers.[/QUOTE]
Ahh. . .FF7. . .Game was mediocre at the core, but had great presentation and a big budget. Most people love it because it was their first JRPG or something. Kinda like falling for the first chick that says yes, you overlook the flaws at first, but hindsight shows how ugly (usually on the inside) that bitch really was.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Panzer was involved in a fisting?! :shock:[/QUOTE]
Nasty.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I would love to see this happen. Just give fans FF7 postcards on every pledge level.[/QUOTE]
Have Ninja Theory make it. I'd love it.

[quote name='The Crotch']all day every day[/QUOTE]
24/7/365

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
8371341326_a851267e49_z.jpg

I'm speechless again...[/QUOTE]
Sweet. I bought Darksiders on PC about 2 years ago for $5. Now I can play it on PS3 for free? Score.

[quote name='j-cart']Some people are fans of Darksiders...[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure any fan of Darksiders has already played it.

[quote name='j-cart']Some people are fans of Darksiders...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm one of them. The game is ridiculously awesome. One of the best surprises of 2010. I've both 1000/1000 and Platinumed the game...

But the point here is that the game is 3 years old. A 3 year old game for free on PS+. And unlike SCEE, they couldn't even be bothered to do it *BEFORE* Darksiders 2 released.

People could get it for dirt cheap on PC as part of the THQ humble bundle. It's been on Steam sale after sale for $5. I'm sure it's been sub $20 on x360 and ps3 for more than a year. Probably could be found for $10 or less even.

Next up on PS+:
Genji: Days of the Blade

Also:

3skdos.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't bring myself to enjoy Darksiders. Concept is cool and all, but the gameplay was flat like diet coke left in sunlight flat.

It feels like PS+ is late to the party considering Live has had two $10 sales on the GoD version of Darksiders by now. Also, don't know how long you played Darksiders, J-cart. It gets really fucking great about 10 hours in, though.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']It feels like PS+ is late to the party considering Live has had two $10 sales on the GoD version of Darksiders by now. Also, don't know how long you played Darksiders, J-cart. It gets really fucking great about 10 hours in, though.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't gotten to the Cathedral, you've not got the true Darksiders experience.

So what is worse, the fact that I went through all of FF13 or the fact that playing 5 more hours of Darksiders would be painful for me?

[quote name='j-cart']So what is worse, the fact that I went through all of FF13 or the fact that playing 5 more hours of Darksiders would be painful for me?[/QUOTE]

Probably the latter.
I spent over 100 hours with FF13. Story sucked. Didn't like a lot of characters, but those missions... ridiculously addicting and awesome.

[quote name='j-cart']I guess I should never speak about games because I play suckfest SWTOR :p[/QUOTE]

No comment.

The real catch with Darksiders is that you have to want to play a Zelda game... because that's what it mostly becomes. Big dungeons, locked rooms, puzzles, new "item" that becomes key to solving dungeons and beating the bosses, heart container type life upgrades, etc.

It's just got slightly more varied combat that a Zelda game. It's no DMC or Ninja Gaiden nor is it really supposed to be.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Got the new plasma broken in and did some gaming over the weekend. Both Borderlands 2 and Rayman Origins look amazing on it. Rayman is a lot of fun. Best 2D platform I've played in a long while.[/QUOTE]

What plasma did you get? I have a panny viera have been really happy with it, except when it's bright outside.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If you haven't gotten to the Cathedral, you've not got the true Darksiders experience.[/QUOTE]

Is that the part with the
portal gun?
? I'll pick up the second on PC when it's cheaper.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']No comment.

The real catch with Darksiders is that you have to want to play a Zelda game... because that's what it mostly becomes. Big dungeons, locked rooms, puzzles, new "item" that becomes key to solving dungeons and beating the bosses, heart container type life upgrades, etc.

It's just got slightly more varied combat that a Zelda game. It's no DMC or Ninja Gaiden nor is it really supposed to be.[/QUOTE]

The last zelda game I played I got 2 hours into Twilight Princess and was like fuck it, I don't need to be hand held forever.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Guess who just scored tickets to the Flyers / Pens season opener? Paying Season Ticket holder prices too.... Not too shabby.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I'm still a bit down on the whole lockuot thing, but I'm excited hockey will be back.

[quote name='The Crotch']Don't crosspost between threads.

Actual videogame talk: Dungeon Siege creator fucked if they can't raise $1.1 million on Kickstarter for new project.[/QUOTE]

GPG and Chris Taylor are a bunch of idiots. They've had a couple of good games, but tons of mediocre ones.

[quote name='panzerfaust']CAG is not a LGBT friendly site[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Indignate']But this thread is.

That's the point.[/QUOTE]

I'm totally LGBT friendly, we could use more of that demographic in the GGT. And I wouldn't call CAG not LGBT friendly per-say, it's about the same amount as anywhere else on the internet that isn't directly focused on that demographic (which is to say there is a mix of opinions on the subject).

I was kind of excited for Project Copernicus.

Kurt Shilling was my hero :D

/edit:

Serious question to all, why do gay people take offense to dick and poop jokes?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If you haven't gotten to the Cathedral, you've not got the true Darksiders experience.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='corrosivefrost']No comment.

It's just got slightly more varied combat that a Zelda game. It's no DMC or Ninja Gaiden nor is it really supposed to be.[/QUOTE]
True on both accounts. Darksiders is the best LoZ experience I've had in years.

[quote name='j-cart']

/edit:

Serious question to all, why do gay people take offense to dick and poop jokes?[/QUOTE]
Because once you get the poopy dick life has been ruined for you and you feel the insatiable need to ruin the fun of others.

[quote name='icebeast']I'm totally LGBT friendly, we could use more of that demographic in the GGT. And I wouldn't call CAG not LGBT friendly per-say, it's about the same amount as anywhere else on the internet that isn't directly focused on that demographic (which is to say there is a mix of opinions on the subject).[/QUOTE]
I love LGBTs. They're some of my favorie sammiches.

Realtalk though, I LOVE lesbians. Shit.

[quote name='BlueScrote']
Is that the part with the
portal gun?
? I'll pick up the second on PC when it's cheaper.

The last zelda game I played I got 2 hours into Twilight Princess and was like fuck it, I don't need to be hand held forever.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, TP had a long startup, but was good, IMO, once you started getting beyond the village.

And with Darksiders, the spoiler you mention is the very last dungeon, so no.
The Cathedral being the very first dungeon where you get the
windmill shurken type boomerang item
. Until then, the game doesn't really give you an idea of what the core gameplay really is.

[quote name='GUNNM']Who's attending a DmC midnight launch tonight?[/QUOTE]
A certain Big Mac eating Godzilla lover that hates us now is currently in line.

Probably me, since I hijacked his Sonic 2006 is 6 years old appreciation thread and turned it into the God Hand is 6 years old appreciation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back