* * * * * 7 votes

Official Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread

#481 BigSpoonyBard   Aaaaauuugghh! CAGiversary!   10499 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

BigSpoonyBard

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

Nice

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#482 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   11773 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

This is minor thing really but it looks like when Valve puts a sale price on DLC on the big list on the base game's page the % off covers over Enhanced Steam's list of how many friends own the item and the Coupon box gets pushed down and not visible by the sale price.

8teh.jpg

This is from the Train Simulator (aka Railworks) 2014 DLC list by the way.

2969.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#483 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1651 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

This is minor thing really but it looks like when Valve puts a sale price on DLC on the big list on the base game's page the % off covers over Enhanced Steam's list of how many friends own the item and the Coupon box gets pushed down and not visible by the sale price.

8teh.jpg

This is from the Train Simulator (aka Railworks) 2014 DLC list by the way.

You can't use a coupon if a game is on sale anyway, correct? It almost looks like a purple underline once it's covered up, which actually works pretty well, in my eyes. The "# own" being covered up is legit, though.

#484 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll look into it.  What's happening here is that it's getting the reference point for tags from the first element and assuming that each subsequent element is in approximately the same place.  Obviously this isn't true in all cases, such as when some (but not all) DLC is on sale.

You can't use a coupon if a game is on sale anyway, correct? It almost looks like a purple underline once it's covered up, which actually works pretty well, in my eyes. The "# own" being covered up is legit, though.

It depends on the coupon - some can be stacked with discounts, but most can't be.

#485 Marcelloz  

Marcelloz

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

Don't know if you missed an earlier post of mine about adding an extra community profile link to astats.nl. This achievements stats site is pretty fast and I use it above all others.

Look at your own stats : http://astats.astats...561198040672342, link format is pretty easy. A user doesn't need to register also.

Oh, and really looking forward to the endless scrolling feature! :)

#486 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2141 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

DukeEdwardI

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

FEATURE REQUEST!

I would love to be able to edit my recommendations and screenshot captions. I have quite a few recommendations posted that have typos and spelling errors and the only option I have is to delete it and write it again. I suppose a simple copy/paste would be easy, but it's just one of those things that baffles me as to why I can't just simply go in and edit those errors out. Would this be difficult to do?

#487 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

Don't know if you missed an earlier post of mine about adding an extra community profile link to astats.nl. This achievements stats site is pretty fast and I use it above all others.

Look at your own stats : http://astats.astats...561198040672342, link format is pretty easy. A user doesn't need to register also.

Oh, and really looking forward to the endless scrolling feature! :)

That site looks pretty cool, I'll look into adding a link but it probably won't be there in time for 4.8's release (soon!)

Here is a video I made that showcases the endless scrolling, combined with "hide games you own":

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XbpT7lkKu_Q

FEATURE REQUEST!

I would love to be able to edit my recommendations and screenshot captions. I have quite a few recommendations posted that have typos and spelling errors and the only option I have is to delete it and write it again. I suppose a simple copy/paste would be easy, but it's just one of those things that baffles me as to why I can't just simply go in and edit those errors out. Would this be difficult to do?

It'd actually be pretty difficult for Enhanced Steam to pull off.  Anything that you want to be seen by other users would have to a) be saved on my server and b) only be accessible to other people using Enhanced Steam.  While not impossible, it's probably easiest for now to copy/delete/paste.  :(

Until I can get hired by Valve.  That's the kind of stuff I would love to spend my days fixing.  

#488 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2141 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

DukeEdwardI

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

It'd actually be pretty difficult for Enhanced Steam to pull off.  Anything that you want to be seen by other users would have to a) be saved on my server and b) only be accessible to other people using Enhanced Steam.  While not impossible, it's probably easiest for now to copy/delete/paste.  :(

Until I can get hired by Valve.  That's the kind of stuff I would love to spend my days fixing.  

Ah well, that's ok. Copy/Paste/Delete will have to suffice for now. Thanks for all your hard work jshaq!

#489 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:47 AM

FEATURE REQUEST!

This is something I've been wanting too. I still don't understand why you can't edit recommendations, but I guess I will have to keep copying it as well (I use wordcounter.net for spell/grammar checking).

Just one more reason Valve needs to hurry up and hire someone that will actually get stuff done within our lifespans ;)

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#490 ObsidianSpire   Obsidian FTW! CAGiversary!   1537 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

ObsidianSpire

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

This is something I've been wanting too. I still don't understand why you can't edit recommendations, but I guess I will have to keep copying it as well (I use wordcounter.net for spell/grammar checking).

Just one more reason Valve needs to hurry up and hire someone that will actually get stuff done within our lifespans ;)

I have a Google doc set up just for spell checking purposes with most of my common gaming words added to the dictionary.  I prefer it over a MS Word doc. 

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#491 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

I just released Enhanced Steam version 4.8

• Added option to exclude Free To Play games from being highlighted
  • Added new tag: "friends recommend" which links to the recommendation page
  • Added "Endless Scrolling" mode for search results pages
  • Added Simplified Chinese translation by Bin Dong
  • Added option to replace account name in header with community name
  • Fixed a bug where "Compare" links were only showing if your language was English
  • Fixed a bug where friends with nicknames would incorrectly show 3 "Compare" links

If you're using the Chrome version of Enhanced Steam, it should update automatically within the next hour.

#492 Marcelloz  

Marcelloz

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

Hi! Endless scrolling works wonderful! Super-feature to have.

What i now clearly could see is that the sorting on price is incorrect. I think this is Steam's error, but perhaps you could do something about it? The thing is that they sort on original price, and not on actual price. If a game has a discount, that price is not used for sorting.

I can image that the solution is pre-fetching all pages and sorting yourself but that would be a big slow i think, perhaps re-sorting per page would help a bit? Interested to hear your opinion and if it's possible. And when it is in ;-)

#493 NCKKO   CAG in Training CAG in Training   2 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

I was using your Enhanced Steam extension for Chrome, and I absolutely love it! But it stopped working a while ago.

It won't save my options anymore, once I pick the options that I want and hit Save, nothing changes.

Is there any way to fix this because I would love to use it again! :c

#494 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

I was using your Enhanced Steam extension for Chrome, and I absolutely love it! But it stopped working a while ago.

It won't save my options anymore, once I pick the options that I want and hit Save, nothing changes.

Is there any way to fix this because I would love to use it again! :c

Following these instructions will typically fix the issue you're describing.

Cheers!  :)

• dfg likes this

#495 NCKKO   CAG in Training CAG in Training   2 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:12 AM

Yay, it's working again!

Thanks for the quick reply, and stay awesome! :D

• dfg likes this

#496 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

Hey everyone just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I'm going to be participating in the Extra Life gaming marathon this year representing Enhanced Steam users.

I'll be gaming for 25 straight hours starting November 2nd, all for charity.

If you're interested in donating, click here.

#497 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:10 AM

Hey everyone just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I'm going to be participating in the Extra Life gaming marathon this year representing Enhanced Steam users.

I'll be gaming for 25 straight hours starting November 2nd, all for charity.

If you're interested in donating, click here.

That's really awesome, I was hoping to see some CAGs participating ^_^ I was thinking about it myself recently as well, although I sorta came to the conclusion that I didn't know anyone that would support me and without a way to stream it would be a rather lonesome 25 hours. Nevertheless I will do my best to save what I can to support you. I don't have much extra to throw around, but I like to think anything helps even if it's small. 

Sidenote: will you be streaming your marathon in any way?

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#498 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

That's really awesome, I was hoping to see some CAGs participating ^_^ I was thinking about it myself recently as well, although I sorta came to the conclusion that I didn't know anyone that would support me and without a way to stream it would be a rather lonesome 25 hours. Nevertheless I will do my best to save what I can to support you. I don't have much extra to throw around, but I like to think anything helps even if it's small. 

Sidenote: will you be streaming your marathon in any way?

Thanks man!  Like you said, every little bit helps!  And it's over a month away so there's still a lot of time.

I guess if enough people were interested in watching me game I could set up a livestream/webcam for the event.  I'm going to be working on a list of Steam games in my backlog that I've been wanting to play to work through for the day and may even post a schedule.  Most certainly I'll be microblogging like every hour on the hour or something like that.  

It'll be great fun and I'm really looking forward to it!

#499 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   11773 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Is the Exclude Free to Play Games from owned option not working for anyone else? I have it checked and just to be sure I unchecked it and saved then rechecked and saved again, but on the main Steam page Prime World and War of the Vikings are showing as "owned" for me.

2969.png
-jle7385

#500 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Is the Exclude Free to Play Games from owned option not working for anyone else? I have it checked and just to be sure I unchecked it and saved then rechecked and saved again, but on the main Steam page Prime World and War of the Vikings are showing as "owned" for me.

If the game has a price listed, it will still be highlighted normally.  This seems to be the case for War of the Vikings.  While it may end up being a F2P title, it currently has a price tag on Steam and everyone who owns War of the Roses was given free early access until October 4th.  So that's a weird one.

Prime World isn't so weird as much as not following convention.   Rather than saying "Free to Play!" or "Play for Free!" it simply says nothing.  There is no data in the price div, so Enhanced Steam doesn't know how to filter this from being highlighted.  At least 95% of all F2P titles list it as such in the price div, and this is how ES makes it's determination as to whether or not it should or shouldn't be evaluated.  Maddeningly, DOTA2 does the same thing.

#501 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   11773 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

Hmm, could you do something to check for the "Free to play" genre category maybe? Both Prime World and DOTA 2 are flagged under that genre on Steam.

2969.png
-jle7385

#502 mrmahon   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Awesome changes to already awesome extension!

But is anybody having problems with changing language in Enhanced Steam? Language settings seem to be reset everytime I leave the settings page, and for some languages only the name of language changes while the whole text remains in English.

Or is it just me and something conflicting/failing on my system?

#503 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Awesome changes to already awesome extension!

But is anybody having problems with changing language in Enhanced Steam? Language settings seem to be reset everytime I leave the settings page, and for some languages only the name of language changes while the whole text remains in English.

Or is it just me and something conflicting/failing on my system?

The language is now set automatically to the language you're browsing Steam in (or at least, it should).

There are some languages on the list in the options that aren't actually available as there currently aren't any translations available.  The drop down list was originally copied over from the list Steam had about a year ago.  

Sorry for the confusion.

#504 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   9885 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

I have a feature request (Aurora user here, so forgive if it's already implemented for others).  Would it be possible to eliminate games that are not on sale from the Specials (main page link) search list?  Like if I view the list now, it's still showing things like Pinball FX - Earth Defense Table in its prior $1.01 slot, but obviously is showing the full price of $2.99 since it's no longer on sale. 

Two words about furniture: Killing Machines.

#505 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

I have a feature request (Aurora user here, so forgive if it's already implemented for others).  Would it be possible to eliminate games that are not on sale from the Specials (main page link) search list?  Like if I view the list now, it's still showing things like Pinball FX - Earth Defense Table in its prior $1.01 slot, but obviously is showing the full price of $2.99 since it's no longer on sale. 

This should be possible, I'll look into it.

Yes, very possible.  It should be included in the next Chrome update, and Firefox eventually.

#506 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   11773 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Bioshock 2 is getting a huge update. Everyone who owns it is getting Minerva's Den (previously you could only buy it from GFWL marketplace), GFWL is patched out, Steam achievements are added. I think Securom is patched out too but not 100% on that.

Anyway the store page still lists GFWL and Securom so ES still does as well. Not sure when/if the page will get updated.

Page was updated in the time I took to write this when I refreshed. That was fast. 

2969.png
-jle7385

#507 Bort_   Aw, c'mon! Bort? CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

The price tracker seems to be having some issues, at least on the Firefox version

3g29EnW.png

#508 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4064 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

Bioshock 2 is getting a huge update. Everyone who owns it is getting Minerva's Den (previously you could only buy it from GFWL marketplace), GFWL is patched out, Steam achievements are added. I think Securom is patched out too but not 100% on that.

Anyway the store page still lists GFWL and Securom so ES still does as well. Not sure when/if the page will get updated.

Page was updated in the time I took to write this when I refreshed. That was fast. 

sweet now gfwl can't kill my save file this time ;)

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#509 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

The price tracker seems to be having some issues, at least on the Firefox version

3g29EnW.png

What region are you in?

#510 borsook  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

I've just registered to say that ES is the best thing that happened steam!

Are Valve aware of this work? If not, maybe Enhanced should go on Greenlight? :)