* * * * * 7 votes

Official Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread

#511 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

I think Motoki might have already posted about this, but basically it looks like the discount percentage is overlapping on long game names. Not a big problem, but I wanted to let you know in case it was easy to fix.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#512 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Weird pricing issues should now be fixed - sorry for the trouble.

#513 mrmahon   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

I noticed a strange thing on the "badges" page. It must be something about the way texts are split.

In translated version I am getting something like: XXX card "card drops remaining" (the text in quote marks is translated but the first "card" word seems to be a redundant carry-over from the English text

and where can I notify about texts which are missing definitions, and thus cannot be translated?

#514 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

I noticed a strange thing on the "badges" page. It must be something about the way texts are split.

In translated version I am getting something like: XXX card "card drops remaining" (the text in quote marks is translated but the first "card" word seems to be a redundant carry-over from the English text

and where can I notify about texts which are missing definitions, and thus cannot be translated?

Feel free to either PM me questions or you can email them to contact@enhancedsteam.com

#515 uf111  

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

Hey jshackles,

What do you think about adding an option to remove the text below the blue button here: http://i.imgur.com/rRqb8AC.png ?

#516 Marcelloz  

Marcelloz

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

Just a reminder to edit your opening post as it displays features in development that are already live.

and waiting for the next update (and features :) )

#517 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

Just a reminder to edit your opening post as it displays features in development that are already live.

and waiting for the next update (and features :) )

I'm working on the next version this afternoon and getting a few new features and bugfixes in.  I kinda took the last few days off from coding for my birthday and to play my new Wii U.

Here is a sneak peek:

VnkEPSa.png

And thanks for the reminder about the OP.  I haven't updated that in ages it seems.

#518 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

I just pushed Enhanced Steam version 4.9 to Google for Chrome users. Here is the changelog:

• Non-sale games are now hidden from the "Specials" search
  • Added option to display PCGamingWiki links on store pages
  • Added ability to sort "All Games" list by install size if logged in
  • Added filter to "All Games" list for installed/not installed if logged in
  • Added pricing history and formatting support for BRL (thanks drizzle!)
  • Added Polish translation by mrmahon
  • Profile links now display on private profiles
  • The formatting of tags has changed from square to rounded
  • Options now save automatically without the need to click the save button
  • Enhanced F2P detection on homepage, genre page, and search results

It should be updating automatically within the next 60 minutes. As always, let me know if you have any issues!

#519 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

Woohoo I don't 'own' Prime World anymore.  :whee:  

steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#520 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

Nice! The not-on-sale specials have been bugging me for ages, very much appreciate you fixing Valve's laziness again ^_^

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#521 mrmahon   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

• Added ability to sort "All Games" list by install size if logged in
  • Added filter to "All Games" list for installed/not installed if logged in

These just don't seem to work here for me. Anybody else? Or is it just because I am on linux? 

And the lowest market prices for inventory items (I know it's experimental) - are these working for you?

#522 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

These just don't seem to work here for me. Anybody else? Or is it just because I am on linux? 

And the lowest market prices for inventory items (I know it's experimental) - are these working for you?

I am seeing the market prices on inventory items (USD here if it makes a difference), hiding owned games in the search list works for me too (Windows running Chrome) but I'm not seeing where the option for sort all games list by size. Maybe I'm just missing something?

By all games list I assume we mean here: http://store.steampowered.com/search/? I didn't see any options there or on the ES options page to sort by game size.

Speaking of which, the link when I click from the Enhanced Steam drop down at the top of the page to go to the options page doesn't work but takes me to a blank page. It still works if I go through Chrome > Tools > Extensions > Enhanced Steam > Options.

steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#523 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

By all games list I assume we mean here: http://store.steampowered.com/search/? I didn't see any options there or on the ES options page to sort by game size.

I assumed he meant the "All Games" tab in "Games" section from your profile.

Sleed neep.

#524 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

I know you're generally always looking for feature requests, so I've got a minor one I wondered if you could do anything about: basically I'd like a better way to rank your wishlist. Right now you have to either drag game to the top (which on longer lists can be a big pain), or enter a number in place of their current ranking which doesn't always work correctly. The easiest thing I can think of is a "send to top of list" button similar to netflix/gamefly queues, which would make it much easier to move low games to the top which could then be quickly changed around. I expect you or someone else could come up with a better solution, so I figured I'd throw it out there to see if it is/isn't something you could do, or if you actually had anything planned of the sort.

Oh, and happy (probably belated by now) birthday by the way, hope you're having fun with your new toys :D/

#525 mrmahon   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

I am seeing the market prices on inventory items (USD here if it makes a difference)

EUR here, not seeing prices. 

hiding owned games in the search list works for me too (Windows running Chrome) but I'm not seeing where the option for sort all games list by size.

I assume it's in the
http://steamcommunity.com/id/STEAMID/games?tab=all
section, but I don't get the sortingoption there. Maybe because I am on linux and it only works for windows?

Speaking of which, the link when I click from the Enhanced Steam drop down at the top of the page to go to the options page doesn't work but takes me to a blank page.

works OK for me here

#526 Deques   CAG Noob Veteran CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

Any chance that you can add a button that removes all games from the wishlist that are in the inventory?

#527 mrmahon   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

Any chance that you can add a button that removes all games from the wishlist that are in the inventory?

it's done already. "Remove all owned from wishlist" under the wishlist

#528 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Aren't owned and inventoried different things?  I can't test it because I don't have any gift items wishlisted currently.

Sleed neep.

#529 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1656 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

Aren't owned and inventoried different things?  I can't test it because I don't have any gift items wishlisted currently.

This is correct. I just added Chantelise to my wish list, knowing full well it's already in my inventory. It shows up highlighted (as a gift), but does not get removed when the current button is pressed. I'm assuming that since ES knows you have it in your inventory, a simple "Removed All Inventoried From Wishlist" button would do the trick.

#530 Deques   CAG Noob Veteran CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

Not done yet for inventory

Yup, two different things

This is correct. I just added Chantelise to my wish list, knowing full well it's already in my inventory. It shows up highlighted (as a gift), but does not get removed when the current button is pressed. I'm assuming that since ES knows you have it in your inventory, a simple "Removed All Inventoried From Wishlist" button would do the trick.

It should be possible, I am just hoping that jshackles can implement this function :)

#531 mrmahon   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

right, completely different.

#532 Marcelloz  

Marcelloz

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

Ohhh, nice! PC Gaming Wiki! I supported that on Kickstarter, now I actually get to use it as I always forget that site :) Hope you didn't get yourself another job linking all the steam games :)

A late congrats! and enjoy your new toy

#533 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

So yes just to clarify the "All Games" list is http://steamcommunit...y/games?tab=all and the sort by size is only available if you're signed in to the Steam *client*, not just the website.

I'm not sure if this works with the Linux or OSX client, hopefully I can test that soon.  The reason you have to be signed in to the client is that's the only way Valve puts the game's size onto that page.  Without having the size, there is no way ES can sort by it.  Here is a screenshot of what it *should* look like:

xxBIhZt.png

And yes, I should be able to add some wishlist functionality as suggested.  :) 

#534 mrmahon   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

I'm not sure if this works with the Linux or OSX client, hopefully I can test that soon.

Yes, it works if you're signed to the client. It even shows if the game is available for the particular system or not:

screen_zps0a9d15a9.png

If you sign on in emulated windows client (eg. via wine) it shows info for windows versions.

#535 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

Yes, it works if you're signed to the client. It even shows if the game is available for the particular system or not:

If you sign on in emulated windows client (eg. via wine) it shows info for windows versions.

So you can see the install sizes, but the sorting and filtering options aren't available?

#536 mrmahon   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

they are if you are signed to the client

previously i thought it's enough if you're signed to the website, now that i know about the client requirement it's all fine

#537 Marcelloz  

Marcelloz

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

Sorting on size has a small issue:

23.7 is smaller than 23.6?

full.jpg

#538 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4630 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

Sorting on size has a small issue:

23.7 is smaller than 23.6?

full.jpg

according to the GAO, yes it is ;)

spoderman And tebow like this

midnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#539 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Just pushed a bugfix version 4.9.1 which addressed an issue with page formatting and also with Enhanced Steam sometimes failing to properly register the correct language.

That's all for this week, I'm afraid.  Kinda had a rough week - but version 5.0 is coming next so it might take a while to get everything for it done.

Here is a feature a user suggested: platform icons on the wishlist.  I wonder why Valve never put them there to begin with:

UcYEDIK.png

#540 ObsidianSpire   in the shadow realm CAGiversary!   1581 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

ObsidianSpire

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

Useful feature to have platforms on the wishlist. I assume Valve was treating the wishlist more as a list of links to games and having all the relevant information be tied to 1 area: the store page for the game.  A simplistic view, but functional for most needs.