Project X Zone 3DS (JPN First Print Edition) $39.99 @ Play-Asia

LancerEvoX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
US version confirmed.
[quote name='excellen']This is coming out this summer in the US btw

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/21/project-x-zone-coming-to-north-america[/QUOTE]

Japanese Version:
Link: http://www.play-asia.com/Project_X_Zone_FirstPrint_Special_Edition/paOS-13-71-18m-49-en-70-56ff.html

Regular Price: US$ 82.90

WARNING: Only playable on Japanese 3DS hardware. The 3DS is region locked.

This is different from the other sale they had for $24.99. That sale they had a few days ago was the regular edition.

Content:
PxZFirstRunbox.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jshackles']Not bad for those that missed it. I wish it worked with US 3DS systems though. :([/QUOTE]

There is supposed to be a hack to remove region lock that's being worked on...

But yea the last sale for this game was indeed the regular edition. This one comes with bonus stuff.

Out of curiosity, in the possible event that the region lock is hacked and removed. . . . does the JPN version of this game have optional english text? (As many japanese region games seem to do)

Ugh, I miss the DS days of being able to import games I wanted. Now its either down to buying a second 3DS or eventual piracy (Which I hate).

[quote name='dgwillia006']Ugh, I miss the DS days of being able to import games I wanted. Now its either down to buying a second 3DS or eventual piracy (Which I hate).[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm pretty impartial about the hack being released if it is real. I'm all for homebrew and region-lock removal but usually it just turns out to piracy and rampant online cheating (see PSP and DS).

I imported it anyways, hopeful for the hack. Or I'll just import a Japanese 3DS XL system at some point.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']How similar is this to Namco x Capcom on PS2?[/QUOTE]

Same concepts, battlesystem, same developers, even more crossover with Namco, Capcom AND SEGA. They also made Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier on DS.

I seriously wish I could import this, but doing some searching on Google & I'm not finding anything that'll allow me to make my 3DS get rid of the region lock. A shame, I seriously want to get this, even more so due to the fact it includes that CD & book (wish I could get those by themselves without the game).

God damn it. If my 3DS could play this, I'd import it in a heartbeat.

I'm a sucker for Banpresto stuff, got SRW2ndOG on PS3 the day it came out. Totally playable without japanese, but you'll need a guide for spells and stuff; plus not care about story.

[quote name='62t']Namco x capcom is in english[/QUOTE]

really? didnt know it was in english. now if i can only get my hands on a copy. are ps2 games region locked or can i play those on my ps3?

[quote name='sigmano9']really? didnt know it was in english. now if i can only get my hands on a copy. are ps2 games region locked or can i play those on my ps3?[/QUOTE]

Its inly available as a patched iso

[quote name='LancerEvoX']Edited the title. Thanks FatherChesz.

Semi off-topic. Anyone try out EX Troopers? It's $40 on 3DS and its not getting localized.

www.play-asia.com/E.X._Troopers/paOS-13-71-18m-49-en-70-57ij.html

And there is a petition to remove region locks on digital media if you would like to support:
http://kotaku.com/5976918/these-guys-want-the-white-house-to-ban-console-region+locking[/QUOTE]

It's like the high school version of Lost Planet. You're a kid that's being bred to be part of NEVEC's next line of soldiers. Expect the usual cast of anime characters in the roster. Main character with a secret power, pretty boy that's surrounded by girls, nerdy girl with glasses that lusts for the main character, fat girl that eats a magical snack to get skinny so the main character notices her, etc.

Granted I only played the PS3 version, but AdmiralVic and I both got platinums in it. The game is pretty simple and easy to run through in a week. Online co-op is a separate affair and has about 40-some missions ranging from stupidly easy to a 10-round battle royale versus every enemy and boss in the game.

[quote name='finstersucks']is this based off the movie? ;)[/QUOTE]
LOL thats the worst thing ive ever read

I actually picked up the regular edition almost 2 weeks ago for 30 dollars, and then a few days later they're selling the LE for an extra 10. What a dick move on Play-Asia's part. :/ And then a few days after that (today), I find out the game's getting localized, but I was expecting that anyway because this sort of thing has happened before. Play-Asia's just clearing out stock like crazy because they're worried they're not gonna sell these anymore after today. Well, they didn't really need to worry about that in my case, since I only own a Japanese 3DS.
[quote name='LancerEvoX']Excellent, I can keep my LE in the box sealed :D[/QUOTE]

I should point out that limited editions aren't actually worth a damn in Japan. So if you wanna keep it sealed because you think it looks cool, that's fine, just don't expect a major return on your investment someday. If you're ever in Akihabara, you'll see.

[quote name='sigmano9']really? didnt know it was in english. now if i can only get my hands on a copy. are ps2 games region locked or can i play those on my ps3?[/QUOTE]

It actually isn't.

[quote name='Axersia']I should point out that limited editions aren't actually worth a damn in Japan. So if you wanna keep it sealed because you think it looks cool, that's fine, just don't expect a major return on your investment someday. If you're ever in Akihabara, you'll see.[/QUOTE]

I'm not too worried. I'm a collector for the most part :D

Yes, PS2 games are all region locked. You can load up a memory card with some software to soft-mod it (& I think maybe a USB flash drive too) though, which would work just fine for your game backups. I've done it with my Beet the Vandel Buster & DQ VIII JP-region games. Works like a charm, & none of that quick-swap/ console mod bullshit. I don't think the board allows public posting about softmodding consoles, but I'll PM you about it if you want; only if you have original copies of your games, of course. Same goes for anyone else that's reading this & is interested, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='delsus09']Localized-schmocalized; Special edition of a JP region game that just game out/is coming out for forty bucks? Come on.

Then again, I don't have a 3DS ;'[/QUOTE]

As has been said already, Collector's Editions of Japanese games don't have much of a resale value. You'd be lucky to get $5 profit.

I can't believe this is coming out! Was surprised to come back to this thread and find out its being released in the US. Lets hope we get a cool collectors edition as well

I don't know why so many sites thought it wouldn't be released here;. It has characters from franchises that were popular in the U.S. as well, so it only makes sense.

[quote name='bshirk']I don't know why so many sites thought it wouldn't be released here;. It has characters from franchises that were popular in the U.S. as well, so it only makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Probably the fact that there are so many different characters/series in it. We never got the Namco one for PS2. The game itself just made me think of the Super Robot Wars series and why we never get the games anymore.

[quote name='bshirk']I don't know why so many sites thought it wouldn't be released here;. It has characters from franchises that were popular in the U.S. as well, so it only makes sense.[/QUOTE]
the odds were rather low

[quote name='dgwillia006']Probably the fact that there are so many different characters/series in it. We never got the Namco one for PS2. The game itself just made me think of the Super Robot Wars series and why we never get the games anymore.[/QUOTE]

No where close to Super Robot Wars. A Super Robot Wars got license owned by dozens of companies. This game Namco only have to go to 2 companies, Capcom and Sega. Namco and Capcom already got a relationship from SF X Tekken, and Sega isn't difficult to work with either.

[quote name='62t']No where close to Super Robot Wars. A Super Robot Wars got license owned by dozens of companies. This game Namco only have to go to 2 companies, Capcom and Sega. Namco and Capcom already got a relationship from SF X Tekken, and Sega isn't difficult to work with either.[/QUOTE]

It's still somewhat similar, and its a fairly niche game. Its understandable why so few people thought we would ever see it.

Plus, I was pretty sure that the Original Generation games didnt have any (Or very few) guest mechs, yet they never worked out a way for us to get any of those either. (Or simply make a new one for us)

[quote name='dgwillia006']It's still somewhat similar, and its a fairly niche game. Its understandable why so few people thought we would ever see it.[/QUOTE]

I won't call a game with characters from Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Tekken, and Dead Rising niche. The cast is certainly more popular than Playstation All Star.

bread's done
Back