Bundle Stars -10 Steam Games $5.23 - Gorg, Twin Sector, Dead Horde, Trapped Dead +++

tannersarms

CAGiversary!
Surprised not to see this here, so I'm copying my own (pretty much ignored) thread from Slickdeals

http://www.bundlestars.com/

Unstoppable Gorg RRP $9.99 (Steam, PC & Mac)
Twin Sector RRP $4.99 (Steam, PC)
Stellar Impact RRP $9.99(Steam, PC)
Dead Horde RRP $9.99 (Steam, PC)
Future Wars RRP $4.99 (Steam, PC)
Greed: Black Border RRP $4.99 (Steam, PC)
Grotesque Tactics RRP $9.99 (Steam, PC)
Trapped Dead RRP $9.99 (Steam, PC)
Mystery Steam Game 1* (Almost certainly Grotesque Tactics 2 – Dungeons and Donuts) RRP $9.99 (Steam, PC)
Mystery Steam Game 2* (Almost certainly Trauma RRP $6.99 (Steam, PC & Mac)

*unlocked at an unspecified number of sales.

Also, for a limited time, Bundle Stars "Dynamite Bundle is available again for purchase at $6.72:
Men of War: Vietnam RRP $34.99
Off-Road Drive RRP $34.99
Reign: Conflict of Nations* RRP $19.99
Death To Spies: Moment of Truth* RRP $19.99
Death Track: Resurrection RRP $6.99
Star Wolves 2 RRP $19.99
Real Warfare 1242 RRP $19.99
Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades RRP $34.99

Note: Many of these games have been in previous bundles, so you may wish to check your Steam libraries
Unstoppable Gorg - Indie Royale Spring Bundle (April 2012)
Stellar Impact - Groupees Build A Bundle 4 (Nov 2012)
Twin Sector - Indie Gala 3 (March 2012)
Dead Horde - Groupees Build A Bundle 2 (July 2012), IFK1 (March 2012)
Future Wars - Indie Gala 3 (March 2012)
Greed: Black Border - Indie Gala 3 (March 2012), IFK1 (March 2012)
Grotesque Tactics- Indie Gala 3 (March 2012)
Trapped Dead - Indie Gala 3 (March 2012)
Trauma - Indie Gala 6 (June 2012), Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (Sep 2011)
Grotesque Tactics 2 has yet to appear in any other bundle.

For "The Dynamite Bundle, only Reign: Conflict of Nations and Death To Spies - Moment of Truth are repeats from other bundles, both having been in Indie Gala 7, July 2012.

That Star Bundle is pretty sexy. A nice change from the other bundles.

Edit: Reading farther down the OP it turns out this isn't anything new, oh well.

I actually don't own any of those games, so even though it appears most of them got mixed reception, I'll hopefully find some fun/value from this bundle, right?

[quote name='Echoes']I actually don't own any of those games, so even though it appears most of them got mixed reception, I'll hopefully find some fun/value from this bundle, right?[/QUOTE]

If you don't have any of the, either bundle is a good deal.

I also like that the OP put the Steam price with the games, nice touch.

Bump for Bundle Stars 3. What does everyone think of the new bundle?

Air Conflicts: Secret Wars
Helldorado
STORM: Frontline Nation
Mata Hari
Cargo! The Quest for Gravity
Crazy Machines: Elements
Crazy Machines 2
Alter Ego

Eight games for ~$5 doesn't sound too bad.

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']Bump for Bundle Stars 3. What does everyone think of the new bundle?

Helldorado
Mata Hari
Crazy Machines 2
Alter Ego

Eight games for ~$5 doesn't sound too bad.[/QUOTE]

it was better while it had the whispered world instead of air conflicts...its still not a bad deal but much better when that was there

[quote name='Drabelincoln']it was better while it had the whispered world instead of air conflicts...its still not a bad deal but much better when that was there[/QUOTE]

How is Air Conflicts? I'm actually more interested in that than The Whispered World.

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']Bump for Bundle Stars 3. What does everyone think of the new bundle?

Helldorado
Mata Hari
Crazy Machines 2
Alter Ego

Eight games for ~$5 doesn't sound too bad.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for most of the titles, but I really liked Alter Ego and Mata Hari as they are both "point and click" adventures. Seems to be a dying genre.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']I can't speak for most of the titles, but I really liked Alter Ego and Mata Hari as they are both "point and click" adventures. Seems to be a dying genre.[/QUOTE]

So dying, there seems to be new ones all the time in these bundles...

Somehow, I've been missing this bundle...

[quote name='Drabelincoln']it was better while it had the whispered world instead of air conflicts...its still not a bad deal but much better when that was there[/QUOTE]

Well for me Air Conflicts is better because I didn't have it. :p Anyway, for those who were on the Bundlestars mailing list they warned everyone ahead of time that The Whispering World was going away.

I already had The Whispering World so that made 5 games I had and 3 I didn't. When they swapped it out with Air Conflicts it was then an even 4 I do / 4 I don't have. That tipped it in my favor and I went for it. Well that and they priced this bundle a bit more cheaply than their last two.

I've been wanting Alter Ego for a while now. And as far as adventure games dying, well with digital downloads eliminating the needs for a big publisher and physical distribution, Steam letting in a lot more adventure games lately like Daedalic stuff, Kickstarters, famous names like Jane Jensen coming back, indie bundles etc I'd say if anything Adventure games are making a bit of a comeback.

There have been a lot of adventure games recently in bundles -- this one has two of them (used to have three), the Groupees bundle has one, and so forth. I haven't had a chance to play any of them yet, but for the price, I think they're more than worth it.

Any opinions on Helldorado? I'm getting the bundle mostly for STORM: Frontline Nation (it seems flawed, but it's something I know I'll enjoy anyway) and Air Conflicts (I somehow don't have a flight sim, even if it's an arcade one, installed on my PC), but I was wondering whether to keep Helldorado or trade it/sell it. It looks interesting (I love the Wild West as a setting for games), but it also got mediocre reviews.

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']
Any opinions on Helldorado? I'm getting the bundle mostly for STORM: Frontline Nation (it seems flawed, but it's something I know I'll enjoy anyway) and Air Conflicts (I somehow don't have a flight sim, even if it's an arcade one, installed on my PC), but I was wondering whether to keep Helldorado or trade it/sell it. It looks interesting (I love the Wild West as a setting for games), but it also got mediocre reviews.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it, but I played some of Desperados (the first of the three games in the series.) That was fun.

From what I heard, Helldorado is much the same but brutally difficult.

Bundle #3 isn't even over yet and they've already posted Bundle #4!

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/bundle-four/

They've adopted a new pricing mode, too, with two tiers.

First tier (minimum of $1.25) gets you:
Tiny Troopers (Steam)
Airport Control Simulator (Desura)

Second tier (minimum of $4.96 at the moment) gets you those two plus:
Darkness Within (Desura)
Adams Venture (Steam)
Adams Venture 2 (Steam)
Darkness Within 2 (Desura)
Armada 2526 (Desura)
Firefighter (Desura)
**2 mystery games (one on Steam, one on Desura)

Thoughts?

I notice they have a lower tier this time around. I know there's some that won't care for the high ratio of Desura to Steam games, but Desura is great for me.

I'm starting to like Bundle Stars more and more which is good because I've essentially written of Indie Royale at this point.

Like this newest bundle's offerings. I also like that the full bundle is at that $5 price point instead of the $6-7 of their first two bundles.

[quote name='Motoki']
I'm starting to like Bundle Stars more and more which is good because I've essentially written of Indie Royale at this point.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, they seem to get some very solid games, and assorted as well.

I grabbed bundle #4 but I really have no interest in Airport Control Simulator, Armada 2526, and Firefighter but Mata Hari and Alter Ego from bundle #3 look pretty interesting ... :D

[quote name='hollowfreak']I grabbed bundle #4 but I really have no interest in Airport Control Simulator, Armada 2526, and Firefighter but Mata Hari and Alter Ego from bundle #3 look pretty interesting ... :D[/QUOTE]

I'll trade you an Alter Ego key for that Firefighter game. The Firefighter game is really the only game that I want from bundle #4.

If there's anyone only interested in one or more of the following games (Chrome. Vigil: Blood Bitterness, Tank Universal), and would like to split a bundle, let me know. :)

BundleStars #6 (The Catnip Bundle) is available:

Pushcat
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Obulis
Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals
Chains
Post Mortem
Avencast: Rise of the Mage
Mystery Title
Mystery Title

Pay at least US$5.00 to get all the games, or pay just US$1.26 for the first 2.

Starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel, I think...

And I wish the OP would either edit this thread or at least turn it into a wiki with a generic subject.

[quote name='seamoss']BundleStars #6 (The Catnip Bundle) is available:

Pushcat
Metal Drift
Wasteland Angel
Obulis
Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals
Chains
Post Mortem
Avencast: Rise of the Mage
Mystery Title
Mystery Title

Pay at least US$5.00 to get all the games, or pay just US$1.26 for the first 2.

And I wish the OP would either edit this thread or at least turn it into a wiki with a generic subject.[/QUOTE]

Maybe time for someone to start a new one ;)

And yeah, I agree, this one is not inspiring at all with most repeats. They seem to alternate that way. Half of their bundles are repeated games from IG and Groupees, the other have some new stuff in it.

[quote name='seamoss']

And I wish the OP would either edit this thread or at least turn it into a wiki with a generic subject.[/QUOTE]

$1.30 for Pushcat and Metal Drift is not bad. Pushcat looks like a cute little game. I grabbed it at that level.

There's a lot of repeats at the $5 level but I suppose there's always people who missed those other bundles.

By the way there's a movie around the Nikopol story. It's called Immortal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortal_(2004_film)

The movie and the game are based on some french graphic novels from the 90s. The movie is pretty trippy. It's an early CGI film and they put CGI characters side by side with live actors. The way they frame it is that they use live actors for regular unmodified humans and then the ones who have been altered are CGI. It's kind of euro artsy fartsy and can look a bit like a sci-fi Who Framed Roger Rabbit at times, but it did make for some interesting watching in a WTF kind of way.

Would be a good movie to watch drunk. :lol:

Unfortunately it's not on Netflix instant. I think I found it in a DVD bargain bin somewhere once.

[quote name='Motoki']$1.30 for Pushcat and Metal Drift is not bad. Pushcat looks like a cute little game. I grabbed it at that level.

There's a lot of repeats at the $5 level but I suppose there's always people who missed those other bundles.

By the way there's a movie around the Nikopol story. It's called Immortal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortal_(2004_film)

The movie and the game are based on some french graphic novels from the 90s. The movie is pretty trippy. It's an early CGI film and they put CGI characters side by side with live actors. The way they frame it is that they use live actors for regular unmodified humans and then the ones who have been altered are CGI. It's kind of euro artsy fartsy and can look a bit like a sci-fi Who Framed Roger Rabbit at times, but it did make for some interesting watching in a WTF kind of way.

Would be a good movie to watch drunk. :lol:

Unfortunately it's not on Netflix instant. I think I found it in a DVD bargain bin somewhere once.[/QUOTE]

Pushcat is the free bonus after you buy 25 IR bundles.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']this is cool, but the fact not one game has linux support, and I've already bought several bundles this week, I'm gonna pass[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I've got almost all of these games and they mostly play fine under Wine. But I don't think the bundle is worth it regardless.

[quote name='seamoss']FWIW, I've got almost all of these games and they mostly play fine under Wine. But I don't think the bundle is worth it regardless.[/QUOTE]

that's good to know, but yeah none of these really jumped out at me as something great.

Even missing some previous bundles - it's still a relatively weak package. I'll probably still buy it, knowing me...

bread's done
Back