Wake-Up Club - Free Alarm Clock App w/Trophies - Vita's Killer App!!!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
8368687154_9ea7572364_n.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...ning-with-wake-up-club-for-ps-vita-next-week/

Let’s face it: getting up in the morning isn’t something we usually look forward to, but Wake-up Club adds some social fun into the mix to make getting out of bed more bearable. In addition to adding alarm clock functionality to PS Vita for the first time, including the ability to personalize your alarm tone and background theme, Wake-up Club matches 12 randomly selected players who set their alarm clock at the same time into a—you guessed it—wake-up club!

As soon as your alarm goes off, your avatar will begin bouncing around the PS Vita touchscreen. Tapping your avatar lets other players know you’re now awake. Once in the virtual club room, you can see other players’ avatars, as well as who’s awake and who’s still sleeping. Tapping the sleeping players’ avatars will “cheer” them on. If you happen to keep snoozing though, you’ll notice that the rest of the Wake-up Club players will begin appearing on your screen. Swipe them away and tap your avatar to join the rest of the group. Additionally, you can send friend requests and find out more information about each player by tapping their avatar. Make sure to check out your club records to see how many times you’ve managed to wake up within five minutes, how many consecutive successes you’ve managed, and the average time it takes you to wake up.

To get set up with Wake-up Club, access your PS Vita system’s Settings menu, choose Date & Time, then Date & Time Settings. Ensure that Set Automatically is ticked. Then you’re good to go! Be sure to check out Wake-up Club when it launches on the PS Vita PlayStation Store next Tuesday, January 15th. Happy snoozing!

8367620105_6db06af575_z.jpg

8367620103_c1caf68345_z.jpg

8367620097_26966aac7a_z.jpg

Trophy List

Get This Party Started - First time everyone woke up together.
Morning Master - The Wake-up Club has successfully woken up 30 times in a row.
Early Bird - Successfully woke up a total of 200 times.
Best Pals - The Wake-up Club has been successful 365 times.

Cheer Leader - Cheered on other members over 2000 times.
Team Player - Joined the Wake-up Club more than 365 times.
Best of the Best - Took first place in the Wake-up Club 30 times.
Let the Games Begin - Woke up using Wake-up Club Alarm for the first time.
Wake as one - Everyone in the Wake-up Club woke up on time.
Quick Draw - Wake-up time was better than 3 seconds.
In Circles - Sent a friend request via Wake-up Club for the first time.
Circle of Friendship - Viewed the profiles of more than 11 Wake-up Club members.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pob14']This may be the single stupidest idea in the history of gaming devices, and that's really saying something.[/QUOTE]
No it's not, people will actually pay for this app if it was on iOS or Android, too.

Haha I wish this was Vita's killer app and it would move 3 or 4 million Vitas. Alas, I don't see that happening.

I downloaded it and messed with it for a few minutes. I got the 5 easy bronze trophies and 1 easy gold trophy, then uninstalled it. I don't really see the appeal of it, I'll stick to using my clock radio for now.

I finally got to try this, you do need to leave your Vita on to make it work. It goes into sleep mode while you go into sleep mode and thats it its an alarm when it reaches the time it blows your vita up into candy coated pieces nah I'm joking to make sure your awake you have to touch your avatar on the screen similar to touching the buttons on a real alarm clock. Its interesting and like blume3 said yay for trophies! /]

bread's done
Back