Persona 4 Arena | $19.99 @ GameStop

Oh man. This is hard to say no to, especially after finishing P4G recently. I've been waiting for a sale on it.

Which of the versions is better? I have XBL for the time being and a fighting gamepad for 360, so the controls/online aspect aren't as important. I just want to know which one runs best, has best audio, etc.

Boss, I'll probably pick this up today. My friends I are looking for more fighting games to play, and I just finished P4G, so this should do the trick. Thanks for the heads-up!

Nice! After finally finishing up P4G I was really kicking myself for not picking this up when it was $23, since it's now difficult to find for under $35. This works!

[quote name='WatTsu']Oh man. This is hard to say no to, especially after finishing P4G recently. I've been waiting for a sale on it.

Which of the versions is better? I have XBL for the time being and a fighting gamepad for 360, so the controls/online aspect aren't as important. I just want to know which one runs best, has best audio, etc.[/QUOTE]

Xbox version has Japanese voices, PS3 version does not. If that matters to you. Something about licensing and copy protection.

[quote name='apterous']Xbox version has Japanese voices, PS3 version does not. If that matters to you. Something about licensing and copy protection.[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine that switching to the Japanese voices right after playing through P4G would be incredibly jarring anyway. I personally thought the voice acting in that game was excellent, and I usually try to avoid English dubs.

This is so worth it. As an avid fan of both Persona and fighters, this game delivers in a ton of ways.

If you're on the fence, get off. Just buy it.

[quote name='WatTsu']Oh man. This is hard to say no to, especially after finishing P4G recently. I've been waiting for a sale on it.

Which of the versions is better? I have XBL for the time being and a fighting gamepad for 360, so the controls/online aspect aren't as important. I just want to know which one runs best, has best audio, etc.[/QUOTE]

I had the same question last month when it was on sale. Someone in that thread said the Xbox 360 version was slightly better visually and audio I think. He said if you're looking for more people online, than the PS3 might be the way to go because of free online.

I decided to go for the 360 version cause I also have XBL for the time being and decided to start showing my 360 some love as far as fighting games go. I haven't had the time to play the game yet though. If you or anyone else go for the 360 version, add me to your friends list and let me know when you're gonna play this or any other fighting games. I also have fighting pads and arcade sticks for it.

I like your avatar by the way. :cool:

[quote name='apterous']Xbox version has Japanese voices, PS3 version does not. If that matters to you. Something about licensing and copy protection.[/QUOTE]
Poop. Seems like another game I have to wait until I get an XBOX.

PS3 version has Japanese voices.

Awesome have been looking at this game since I started P4G (almost done now) and was mad that I missed the last sale. I think I'll have to stop by a Gamestop and pick this up

[quote name='Kaiser499']Anyone find any Gamestops with the soundtrack cd still?[/QUOTE]

The copy I got for Christmas from GameStop had the CD.

I still gotta give it to the PS3 because of the controller unless you use a stick. Sorry, Xbox D-Pad was made by cavemen! (Yes, even the twist up one which actually does nothing but raise or lower an outside edge...what are these designers thinking?)

I have the 20% off pre own coupon. Can I hold the request on both new and pre-owned versions and go to store to decide which I want to buy? If the pre-own game includes everything, I do not mind saving 4-5 bucks. IF so not, I go for the brand new one. Will the staff scold at me if I hold two requests for two versions? Thank you.

Every copy in town is gone and I am way more depressed than I should be.

What was the print run on this like? Is it something that's going to get harder to find as time goes on?

Would have picked this up sooner if it weren't for the region lock on the PS3 version. Oh well, $20 seems like a fair price for it even with the lock.

[quote name='MattNortnic']PS3 version has Japanese voices.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't know where people got that there is no Japanese audio in the PS3 version. My PS3 copy has Japanese audio.

Owned this since launch, great game. The soundtrack CD only has a few of the tracks in the game, mainly the ones that don't have vocals on it (I'm assuming it was just the few tracks that were made for this game). If you're looking for any P3/P4 songs (which most of the game uses) they aren't on there.

Now since the game is $20 I only wish that Altus would make the stupid glasses & the extra colors (for outfits) DLC free.

Glad I picked this up for 17 last week from gamefly. It was $21 at amazon for a good week last week also.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']He's probably using a mobile device. Just change the m to a www, and you get the regular website.[/QUOTE]

They better not follow capcoms trail.

[quote name='T1NY']Glad I picked this up for 17 last week from gamefly. It was $21 at amazon for a good week last week also.[/QUOTE]

New with soundtrack?

This is not true. I have the Xbox version and it has English dubs, not Japanese

[quote name='Romeo']New with soundtrack?[/QUOTE]

Used without soundtrack. I never been into soundtracks of games.

[quote name='Mando44646']This is not true. I have the Xbox version and it has English dubs, not Japanese[/QUOTE]
I have the game on the 360, and it is indeed dual-audio. You can change the audio track in the options menu.

I'm still torn on the PS3 vs 360 debate. I have both consoles and a custom Qanba stick so either system works for me. Are there more features or anything missing from one version over another? I cannot find anything online.

[quote name='Romeo']I'm still torn on the PS3 vs 360 debate. I have both consoles and a custom Qanba stick so either system works for me. Are there more features or anything missing from one version over another? I cannot find anything online.[/QUOTE]

As enforcer2003 said, they are practically the same, but if you want to see some screenshot comparisons look here: http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2headpersona-4-arena-screenshot-comparison/

I just got mine and it came sealed in plastic with the soundtrack but i don't know if all copies are like that. I tend to nerd bond with the clerks so if one version is better than another i tend to end up with that one.

Soundtrack isn't in the box its in a cardboard sleeve wrapped to the box so if you see a shiny wrapped copy try and get them to give that one to you.

[quote name='enforcer2003']You get free online on the PS3 version, as usual. Otherwise they are identical in terms of features.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I have XBL paid for for years so that's no worry. I just usually have a rule that unless there's something exclusive on PS3 I go for the 360 edition. Though is there anything that links Arena and Golden for the vita? Should I keep all of them on a linked platform?

[quote name='suwillgetu']As enforcer2003 said, they are practically the same, but if you want to see some screenshot comparisons look here: http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2headpersona-4-arena-screenshot-comparison/[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I saw that earlier when researching today. The poll prefers the 360 version though other website state the 360 has issues with online play.

I also noticed LoT doesn't really review games anymore.

[quote name='nnthomas']Is this a sale or a price drop? I'll probably pick it up with Ni No Kuni.[/QUOTE]

most likely a price drop just like last week with lollipop chainsaw

I won this in a raffle at the Atlus booth during the Gamestop Expo last year. This game is brilliant. Warning: If you have not played Persona 4 yet, you will see a fair amount of spoilers from the game.

bread's done
Back