Wacom Cintiq?

BrolyB593

CAGiversary!
Feedback
206 (100%)
I am an illustrator though, as one can imagine I do not have much money haha.

I was looking at upgrading from my Intuos 4 and getting some sort of Cintiq. I really do not care the size at the moment and just want SOMETHING with a display in which I can draw on as compared to the Intuos.

These however are quite expensive and so I have been scouring Craigslist for quite a while in hopes of finding a cheap one or one in which I can make a trade for. (I have guitar/amps/effects boards and then various electronics and videogame stuff) Though as you can expect by me posting here, I have not had any luck.

I was wondering if anyone knows of somewhere that may have people that would have some for trade or used purchase for cheap?

Thanks!

[quote name='IanKazimer']Fellow artist here. I have a Cintiq and I absolutely adore it, but I recommend taking a look at this guy. My friends in the concept industry have been singing praises, so it may be worth checking out.

http://frenden.tumblr.com/post/38693256477/yiynovamsp19u[/QUOTE]

Hm, the price tag is gorgeous in comparison to the Cintiq though the low resolution somewhat turns me off. I definitely will look into this more though because ~$600 sounds fantastic as opposed to about ~$2,000!

*edit*

Looking for an available one is harder than expected haha

I too have wanted a Cintiq for a long while, with the price absolutely being the biggest barrier. There was also a lot of concern about how Wacom has apparently taken baby steps (at best) to try and improve their hardware. I've used an Intuous for a while, but I just can't get over the whole "not looking where I'm drawing" thing.

The review for the MSP19U that IanKazimer linked to is pretty glowing, and I'm no professional, so I think it will be a good one to start with.

The Amazon link is empty right now, but there was a post from someone saying that there might be new stock tonight. I don't know if the guy saying that works for Amazon or the tablet company, but I'm going to keep my eyes open regardless.

[quote name='Strell'] I've used an Intuous for a while, but I just can't get over the whole "not looking where I'm drawing" thing.
[/QUOTE]

My EXACT problem. I have tried forever now and the quality of my line work is still so much better on a real physical medium.

I even tried calibrating my Intuous to...

Well I don't know the exact terminology, but there's a way to set it so that every time you put the stylus at point (x,y), this is always the same place in the program you are using (such as Photoshop). The idea is that you can put a page under that transparent flap and then trace it, but this still didn't resolve the issue since you're still effectively drawing blind. So generally I'd just scan in whatever I was trying to color and try to ink/trace as best I could, but it was still difficult.

Anyway, if I grab this Yiynova thing and it works well, I'll give some sort of review/heads up.

[quote name='Strell']I even tried calibrating my Intuous to...

Well I don't know the exact terminology, but there's a way to set it so that every time you put the stylus at point (x,y), this is always the same place in the program you are using (such as Photoshop). The idea is that you can put a page under that transparent flap and then trace it, but this still didn't resolve the issue since you're still effectively drawing blind. So generally I'd just scan in whatever I was trying to color and try to ink/trace as best I could, but it was still difficult.

Anyway, if I grab this Yiynova thing and it works well, I'll give some sort of review/heads up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know what you mean. And I am very tempted to pick up the Yiynova now though I am just trying to muster up the money. (anyone wanna buy some guitars?! : P)

[quote name='Strell']Hey Broly - there's 5 of the Yiynova MSP19u's up on Amazon at the time of this post. Assuming the guy who posted at Amazon was right, there were supposed to be 40 in stock tonight, and "100 by the end of January." So if you are interested, I guess they periodically restock.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up but I bet I will have to wait until the ambiguous 'end of January' seeing as on my way home my door handle broke on my car from the cold and so now that needs to be fixed...

I sure wish I had lots of money hahah.

SEH,

In researching this product, the one we are referring to is a new model, hence the 'U' at the end of the model number. It uses a newer digitizer that virtually eliminates all the jitter from the previous model as shown in your videos.

I like the input that this thread has gotten though, more more more! hahah

I'm subscribing to this thread for future reference/insight. Am currently using the Intuos5 wireless 8x11 which is pretty fantastic. Used to own a Cintiq 17" that was more trouble than it was worth. Nothing will ever beat physical mediums until price points catch up to technology, and I don't see it happening soon.

Everything I could say about this subject has been discussed already, so no reason for me to hijack the thread. Only advice I can give is from my own experience; drawing on a screen that was tethered to my computer was a waste of $4k. That Yiynova looks sweet for the price. But again, anything tethered needs some serious consideration before investment.

Good luck, guys. I'll keep an eye on this thread and drop any leads if the ever elusive threshold of price vs functionality presents itself. 12yr journey for me so far! Cheers^^

thanks for this post, i've been searching for a nice graphic tablet for a while now and like the reviews that the Yiynova MSP19U got. currently sold out on amazon, they posted this on their facebook page:

"The next shipment will arrive early Feb. We will put the availability of exact date, time in MSP19U's production description on Amazon next Tuesday/Wednesday . [ feb 4 or 5 ]"

if anyone's still waiting

"The new shipment to our warehouse will be in this Thursday. We will update our Amazon store at 6m 2/7/2013 EST on Amazon. "

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']if anyone's still waiting

"The new shipment to our warehouse will be in this Thursday. We will update our Amazon store at 6m 2/7/2013 EST on Amazon. "[/QUOTE]

AM or PM ?

bread's done
Back