Wii U Pro Controller (Black only) FINALLY in stock at Newegg; $12 credit fiasco.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190311

For those of you who preordered the Pro Controllers during the $12 off promo that Newegg did in October 2012 and never actually got the units because of some screw-up on their end can now try to order them while also being reimbursed the $12.

I spoke to a representative a couple of days ago asking why my order was cancelled (yes, Newegg never fulfilled the orders when the controller came out and it took until January 14th/15th 2013 for something to happen) and asked why it was labelled as "discontinued", and she proceeded to tell me that it wasn't available to be sold in their system and that she'd give me $12 credit if I reordered once the product became available. So, here we are, a couple of days after that incident. I was charged for it, too, then refunded the next day. If only they freaking waited.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']I just got mine, my preorder was never cancelled but had to wait the whole time[/QUOTE]

When did they ship it out?

Don't worry, mine was canceled too. I'm glad, as I had completely forgotten about it.

Placed the order in like, october, no word from them, no reason for them to take so long to get the damn things in stock once.

Even when they did come in stock, they didn't even have enough for all their orders, which is pathetic when it's in stock a couple days later. Doesn't matter, as I found one on eBay for the same price.

Almost seems like this was a ploy to screw some people out of those 12 dollar coupons, since I bet that's what was used for the majority of the controller orders. Newegg just keeps getting worse though.

Well... this happened to me, but at this point I have no need for this thing. I don't have any games I could use it on. So I'm kinda lucky that I get to save $38.

Sucks for anyone that actually wanted it though.

I was charged for this the other day and had my order cancelled too, only to have it refunded. If they didn't have enough stock then why charge peoples cards in the first place? I don't think I'm going to bother reordering it, I'll get one when I actually have a game that needs it.

Yeah I was charged for it, had the order cancelled, then refunded the next day. Bad Newegg. Won't order from them again in a while unless they have more coupons.

They haven't had any coupons in awhile. I want to pre-order a few more things through them if they do that again, but I think they figured out that they weren't making any money off of us when they did that.

I just used livechat to complain

They told me that if I reordered the product (for 49.99) then emailed them the order number once it ships, that they would credit me the 12$.

Thus giving it to me for the exact price that I had originally paid.

So if like me you really wanted that deal, use livechat, and they will gladly sell you the product for the promised original price.

Good luck

[quote name='dcm1602']I just used livechat to complain

They told me that if I reordered the product (for 49.99) then emailed them the order number once it ships, that they would credit me the 12$.

So if like me you really wanted that deal, use livechat, and they will gladly sell you the product for the promised original price.

Good luck[/QUOTE]

That's what I did, but instead of using Live Chat, I spoke to a person on the phone. Strange how they just won't give us a $12 eGift Card for the trouble.

[quote name='dcm1602']I just used livechat to complain

Good luck[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I did the same and got the same response, so I reordered it. We'll see if there's an issue with the credit.

It's obvious that they cleared out the discounted orders before listing the item in stock, and then on top of it took people's money on the cancelled orders for a couple of days. Pretty shoddy. Between this and similar issues people had with Wii U preorders, my opinion of Newegg is dropping rapidly, at least for preordering things. I still have a few preorders set up, but if I see the same deals on those elsewhere between now and release, I won't hesitate to cancel the Newegg ones.

I cancelled 1 of my 2 orders awhile ago since I still have no need for even one pro controller yet. But for the price i figured id wait for at least 1 pro controller. Still not sure how Newegg F'd this up so bad though.

Same as others in the thread, they cancelled my preorder after charging me for it. I submitted a ticket requesting that they offer me the controller at the original $37.99 price, if they don't honor it I am just going to cancel the other 12 or so preorders I have through them.

I barely use the Wii U, so this isn't an issue for me, but it's pretty shady to charge people, then claim no availability and cancel orders, and then have the item mysteriously reappear in stock right afterward. Newegg used to be better than this kind of crap.

Lets not pretend that Newegg is a special retailer anyway.

I mean ive had few problems with them and usually get quick shipping (im only like an hour away from their NJ shipping location)

But the sole reason that most of us use them is because its tax free, free shipping, and they usually have those 12 or 15$ off coupons allowing you to get new games cheaper than anywhere else period.

As long as you can still get new releases from them for cheaper than anywhere else, youll continue to use them.

I know I will

Same thing happened to me. Charged for item, receive email saying they are OOS and that the order was voided, and had to wait 3-5 business days for a refund.

I just hope they don't pull this same bs on my $37.99 rayman legends pre-order.

I had this same fiasco not long ago...my white Pro controller is still pending the original pre-order but the black was voided hours AFTER being charged (real scammy, Newegg). Now it's back in stock. Very sketchy, I get the feeling they just didn't want to honor the promo codes and this has been a big dodge

newegg honored my wii u pro controller with discount, i got an invoice yesterday. i got nothing against them currently

Non preorder related, it kinda bothers me they decided to place the thumbsticks so high and leave the buttons under them. I'm not wanting them to copy the 360 controller to the very last detail(although it is very close) but it just looks a little awkward, can anyone provide any feedback like how it handles on multiple genres and such?

I just happened to check my order status yesterday and got kinda pissed when I saw the item was apparently discontinued. I was too busy to try and raise a fuss over it, and I happened to check my email a bit later at see that all of a sudden I had a payment charged from Newegg. I'll probably get the controllers on Monday.

It has been well over 3 months since the order was placed and not a peep out of them. Amazon's customer service they are not, sadly.

So I just reordered this. Again, for clarification, after my order ships if I e-mail customer support my original order number for the canceled fiasco I'll still get the controller for $38, correct?

[quote name='gar3']So I just reordered this. Again, for clarification, after my order ships if I e-mail customer support my original order number for the canceled fiasco I'll still get the controller for $38, correct?[/QUOTE]

You would need to talk to Newegg about that, don't assume just because they are doing it for others.

[quote name='musha666']I canceled my order when I got my Wii U and realized there is ZERO point in owning this controller.[/QUOTE]
I did the same thing

There's not much point in owning this to the point where it actually gives you a big disadvantage in some games.

Couple that with the inability to use voice chat and it's worth it to just wait for a redesign.

Sent an e-mail to Newegg customer service and was able to get the $12 discount on my new order for the controller. Thanks again to everyone for the head's up about this.

I pre-ordered mine during the $12 off deal and it shipped out on the 16th and is out for delivery today. I am guessing they fulfilled some orders and cancelled what they couldn't? Now I just need to buy a game that uses the controller...

bread's done
Back