BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition (PS3), $20.98 at Target. YMMV?

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!
Just a heads up. Saw this at my local Target today. I'm not sure if it's storewide.

Edit: Just thought I'd edit this post and put the DPCI number in the OP since I added it in a post on the second page.

207-24-0849

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone post the Target link? I want to see if mine has it on stock.

I ask because I can't find it.

My guess is that it's another one of Target's infamous clearance mistakes...like when they put the collector's edition of Operation Raccoon City on clearance for like $30 only a week after release...then caught on after a day or two and pulled them. Has happened with a few other new release games recently, too (like the 3DS version of Angry Birds Trilogy). If it does pan out to be chain-wide, and you really want it for just $9 off, grab it quick!

im curious as well, i had these on the xbox, but they are more than worth a play again on the ps3. if its more than one store id be willing to jump on it for that price.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Bioshock 2 free with ps plus, Bioshock 1 free with infinite, makes sense to drop.[/QUOTE]

For the hardcore Bioshock fan, this also includes an in-engine museum with concept art, which sounds really cool.

Plus, I'm not sure if the various free copies include all the DLC. Do they?

[quote name='MR_E']My guess is that it's another one of Target's infamous clearance mistakes...like when they put the collector's edition of Operation Raccoon City on clearance for like $30 only a week after release...then caught on after a day or two and pulled them. Has happened with a few other new release games recently, too (like the 3DS version of Angry Birds Trilogy). If it does pan out to be chain-wide, and you really want it for just $9 off, grab it quick![/QUOTE]

Only 9$ off? You understand that is a third of the price?

I should add that I think this is the only way for 360 owners to play the PS3-exclusive Challenge Rooms DLC. They've never been released on PC or 360. Haven't played them myself, but I hear they are interesting, if short.

[quote name='Asadi']My target NEVER has these deals but you can bet your ass I'm going to look anyway lol.[/QUOTE]

Same with mine. The clearance section has had the same random games in it for like the past two years. Plants Vs Zombies and Goldeneye Reloaded.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Bioshock 2 free with ps plus, Bioshock 1 free with infinite, makes sense to drop.[/QUOTE]
Not this soon. If that were the case then there would be no point in even releasing it.

[quote name='DarkPGR']Looks like PS3 games are just not selling at all at Target... first Ratchet and Clank and now this...[/QUOTE]
The game literally JUST came out. It's not being discounted bc it'd not selling as it'd say too soon to determine that

Great price if your mileage doesn't vary.

[quote name='BiggNick']Dcpi?[/QUOTE]

Don't... Crap your Pants Indoors? What??

[quote name='morrodox']Great price if your mileage doesn't vary.

Don't... Crap your Pants Indoors? What??[/QUOTE]

That's the internal Target stock number

[quote name='Desousa93']Only 9$ off? You understand that is a third of the price?[/QUOTE]

Lol...yes, I know. Scratch that bit. (Although a lot of their past clearance mistakes in the last year have been crazier than that...as in 50-75% off...)

I work at Target in the electronics department and I came across this price oddity the other day. The backroom guy brought out a box on Wednesday full of DVD's to go out onto the floor and a few games, including the 360/PS3 versions of the Bioshock Ultimate Ed. I scanned the bar code of both versions and the 360 copy came up for $29.99. The PS3 version was $20.98. Now this price was coming up as the regular price in the system. I was surprised to see this. I assume it must be a mistake. Also, there were no sales floor locations for them yet, so I had the games back stocked. The plan-o-gram was not updated yet to include the new release. So if you are at Target and don't see the game on the floor, ask the guy to check the backroom for it.

Confirmed 20.98 for ps3. Regular price I believe.
Also if you don't see it on display, ask an employee. There were 3 copies of each at the electronics boat.

So it's not worth trying this for the 360, I guess? I called my local Target and they confirmed the $29.99 price although I'm not sure they actually scanned anything. Thanks.

Hit 3 near me and didn't see copies for either system. Did spot one store putting out Ni No Kuni a week early, so I think I'll go back for that! I'll ask about the Rapture Edition to see if they have it in the back.

Well, I'm back from work and the DPCI number is 207-24-0849. $20.98 is the regular price and it's not clearance. The Target I work for doesn't have either the PS3 version or the 360 version (which is $29.99) displayed on the sales floor, so you might have to have a team member to look for it in their PDA. Hope this was helpful

wanted to completely dodge this since part 1 comes on the blu ray, but im a sucker for complete editions and $20 for 2 with a couple more extras.. guess I could just play them while I wait for infinite to price drop lol

[quote name='Havok83']Not this soon. If that were thd axe the. There would be no point in even releasing it.

The game literally JUST came out. It's not being discounted bc it'd not selling as it'd say too soon to determine that[/QUOTE]

They put the 3DS version of Angry Birds Trilogy on clearance one week after release (got it for $14.98, and saw it at multiple stores like that), then pulled it and a few weeks later had it back on the shelf at $29.99

Not sure why Target does this for some reason but it seems to happen more than it being a mistake.

Went back to the store with Ni No Kuni, had the employee dig around in the back, and the end result was: We don't have the game that came out this week, and you can't have the game we did put out because it comes out next week. :wall: LOL

No big deal on Ni No Kuni, as I could see that the register wouldn't even display a price. Since this was a little Target, the guy suggested I hit up a Super Target. I did, and they looked in the back and also came up empty. He fiddled for a while with the handheld scanner and his iphone and finally found just two PS3 copies. Turns out they were shipped along with copies of Bioshock 2, and he didn't look at each individual title in the box. Rang up $20.98. Thx!

I vote for Don't Crap Your Pants Indoors to become a nationwide sensation. DCPI is the new OMG...least in my world.

EDIT: I bought the 360 version last night. DCPI is 207220849

PS3 Version is $20.xx at Target.
360 Version is $29.99 at Target.

But look at the difference: PS3 gets a normal case, 360 has a slipcase with gatefold disc holder.

[quote name='Double O Slevin']Here are some pics for those interested. Everything is on disc, no codes to enter. Sorry they are so big, took them from 2K's Facebook page.

14987_10151410822685336_2122226303_n.jpg

69679_10151410822705336_948278852_n.jpg

428362_10151410822585336_255519726_n.jpg

64654_10151410822600336_658109845_n.jpg

207691_10151410822595336_297334364_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Just got back from my local target. 360 version of Bioshock rang up at $29.99 and I figured I'd give Ni No Kuni a shot as it was in the case. Just as I expected, blocked from sale. I pretty much knew that but figured I would try juuuust in case!

[quote name='arbailey']Best Buy has the Xbox 360 version for $29.99 also (not sure about the PS3 version).[/QUOTE]

That's the MSRP.

Is this compilation only going to be available for a short time? Since a lot of people have already played the first two games to death, doesn't seem like there is going to be a huge demand. Guess there will be more demand for 360 version since it now includes the Challenge Rooms Pack. Wondering how cheap it will go before I should pick it up.

Bioshock Infinite is likely going to be huge, so gamers who passed on the originals will want to go back and play them. Plus, new gamers are coming along all the time. It's been 6 years since the original came out. Plenty of younger and newer gamers may not be aware of it. And having everything in one case is a bonus in terms of perception. No worrying about platform exclusives or what DLC to get. All-in-one, bang. Done.

I imagine this will stick around. And yes, it will go down, but the original vanilla games still go for more than this, and that's without any of the DLC. So it's already a great price. There may not be an immediate need to discount it further.

Picked up the PS3 version from Target last night. Used the DCPI with the price checking terminal, and noted that it was $20.98 normal price, but was only in the stockroom. Asked an employee to get it, and had no issues. Didn't check the 360 version unfortunately.

[quote name='Zippon']Bioshock Infinite is likely going to be huge, so gamers who passed on the originals will want to go back and play them. Plus, new gamers are coming along all the time. It's been 6 years since the original came out. Plenty of younger and newer gamers may not be aware of it. And having everything in one case is a bonus in terms of perception. No worrying about platform exclusives or what DLC to get. All-in-one, bang. Done.

I imagine this will stick around. And yes, it will go down, but the original vanilla games still go for more than this, and that's without any of the DLC. So it's already a great price. There may not be an immediate need to discount it further.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't played System Shock 2 you are really missing out. I was let down somewhat with Bioshock since i was expecting a masterpiece like SS2

Picked up a copy at Target last night for PS3. They had 360 and PS3, but the 360 rang up $29.99, as reported earlier. That 360 copy was pretty tempting, though. It did look a lot better, with the slipcover and all. I originally played Bioshock on the 360 and preferred those controls. Hmm... maybe I should go back and just get the 360 version when it drops in price.

The spelling mistakes I keep seeing in this thread keep causing me to chuckle a bit. It's actually DPCI, not DCPI. ;)

That said, if I didn't already own both Bioshock1 & 2, I'd be all over this. Even at MSRP.

[quote name='mrbungle']That's the internal Target stock number[/QUOTE]

How the hell is anyone supposed to know this?

When acronyms and no explanations cause messups in communication they serve no purpose.

[quote name='chunlirocks']If you haven't played System Shock 2 you are really missing out. I was let down somewhat with Bioshock since i was expecting a masterpiece like SS2[/QUOTE]

I've been around since pong, so I've played SS and SS2. In fact, I still have my boxed copy of System Shock because I loved that game so much.

It's a shame you felt let down by a game that earned a bazillion awards, is beloved by most gamers, and got a 96 on metacritic. I know every game won't appeal to every gamer, but give me a break. :roll: Your not one of those guys who only likes bands with less than 20 fans, are you? lol

Just called two local stores, both had the PS3 version "in the back" at $20.98. They both had a hard time locating the games, but ultimately did.

Have PS+ already, but at this price I'm picking it up.

Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back