Kroger Game Deals (Really)

burritoman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
I was at Kroger this evening, I guess that during Christmas they carried PS3, DS, Wii, and 360 games. I'd say this is YMMV for sure, because probably not every store STILL has Christmas crap in the aisles.

Regular Price: $14.99
Card Price: $6.99

Most of it was crap, did find a couple gems:
Super Street Fighter 4 PS3
Front Mission Evolved PS3

Not bad for $7 each.

[quote name='gordojones88']Do not buy Kroger brand swiss cheese.
It is terrible and will ruin your fondu night.[/QUOTE]

Do not make fondue with Swiss cheese.
It is terrible and will ruin your fondue night.

Use Gruyere and Emmentaler.

Post of the day! .....and it's not even 9 am EST!

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Manwich is 10 for $10 with a Kroger Plus card. Hope Amazon will price match.[/QUOTE]

I've got a Kroger that's in the same strip mall as my GameStop, honestly doubt they'll have any, but I could check sometime later this week, I guess.

Organic Fuji Apples are $1/lb.

Personally I don't like organic foods, not enough Aspartame, but cheap is cheap.

CheapAssGrocer

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']It's a food supermarket. Depending on where you live it may be called something else. Here in Tucson it is Fry's.[/QUOTE]

They actually pretty good at taking retailers that had kind of worn out stores and uncompetitive clothing/grocery prices and making them competitive. Fred Meyer got a decent bit better after being acquired.

It looks like there are > 20 stores names to them. Yikes.

This little girl wanna be queer names Bardockkut always has crap to.say...He's always talking Sh£+.Sorry not every one is as cool as you and by the way KMFDM Sucks and so do you. (Big Black Ones)

Kroger is awesome. In the veg section of Kroger in Bloomington, in, a voice will say 'stand back please', then sprinkler will pop out and spray water as Singing in the rain plays.

Go IU!

There was a Kroger where i grew up (West by gosh Virginia!), but we all shopped at the Giant Eagle. The Giant Eagle was actually at the top of a mountain as well, like a nest....kinda ironic...but near everything was near the top of a mountain in West Virginia...I had to go uphill 5 miles to go school, and then it was even steeper 5 miles to go home!

[quote name='MetalSlugger']what is a Kroger[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of disappointed no one responded with "a miserable pile of lunchmeat".

BUT ENOUGH TALK

man, seeing Kroger and Giant Eagle in this thread makes me feel like I'm at work! I work for an organic food distributor in the finance department and we deal with a lot of payments from those stores.

Anyhow, no Kroger near me to check unfortunately.

[quote name='bardockkun']Front Mission Evolved isn't even worth $1. That game was so damn annoying and stupid.[/QUOTE]
No joke? I love Front Mission, but this one isn't an RPG, looks more like Mechwarrior.

I'm gonna be pissed if it sucks too bad to be worth $7, but my local guy normally gives $5 for any PS3 game.

I used to work with a guy who always called it K. Rogers, anyone else ever heard Kroger called that?

Where I live it is called King Soopers. We call it Kings for short.

Now all the food stamp gamers can get a deal. Can you imagine that decision. Swiss cheese or Street Fighter?

[quote name='burritoman']No joke? I love Front Mission, but this one isn't an RPG, looks more like Mechwarrior.

I'm gonna be pissed if it sucks too bad to be worth $7, but my local guy normally gives $5 for any PS3 game.

I used to work with a guy who always called it K. Rogers, anyone else ever heard Kroger called that?[/QUOTE]
It plays like a mediocre third person shooter, but the whole mech aspect of it actually makes it worse. Half of the missions you're forced to have a specific load out, not because it's part of the story or gives you an advantage in a level, but because you simply have to. That and the game seems intent on making you move as slow as possible since you can hover, but it moves so slow or you can have legs, but the armor always blow out on them in the boss battles and it becomes a slow moving battle of slowly dodging and finding health. Speaking of boss battles, Jesus the last half of them have the most infuriating fights that will just leave your armor constantly destroyed and make you reduced to cheap unfun tactics to get it over with. Also story, drama, characters? Throw all those out the window. Hated Front Mission: Evolved.

Also got it from Amazon way back when for $5 used and the only good thing I can say about it is I got $9 or so credit when I traded it into Best Buy last year.

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Ill wait for a "Manager's Special" for some games :D[/QUOTE]

One near my house did this. They had super street fighter for $3.50 for the 360

[quote name='Ironman8']Where I live it is called King Soopers. We call it Kings for short. [/QUOTE]

I'm in Colorado and we call it King Stoopid.

[quote name='VA']Kroger is awesome. In the veg section of Kroger in Bloomington, in, a voice will say 'stand back please', then sprinkler will pop out and spray water as Singing in the rain plays.

Go IU![/QUOTE]

Our Kroger stores have thunder (and lightning?) just before the sprinklers go off. If you research the company, you'll find that they have stores in nearly every state, but under different names.

RIP AL KESSEL YOU WERE AN HERO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX6WBBIT4HA

former regional associated chain in the Flint MI area, (he sold all the locations back to Kroger sometimd arojnd 2000), he would chuck products off-camera from the fridge/freezer case in the ads. Of course the only 2 I can find on YouTube are very subdued. Mybrother and I walked in on them filming one at 2am once and got kicked out for cheering him on..

[quote name='Ironman8']Where I live it is called King Soopers. We call it Kings for short.

Now all the food stamp gamers can get a deal. Can you imagine that decision. Swiss cheese or Street Fighter?[/QUOTE]

Around here in East TN, a large majority of the food stamp families already have all the games for their little brats, and drive fancy SUVs. Guess its easy to afford the nice stuff when the government is paying for your 6 kids from 5 baby daddies. But that's another rant in itself.

I've been occasionally stopping by my local Fry's Marketplace (a Kroger chain in AZ), and I've picked up the following over the past few months (all on clearance / Manager's Special):

:wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2 $24.99

:wii: New Super Mario Bros Wii $24.99

:wii: Skylanders Starter Kit $29.99

:wii: 2000 Points Card $9.99

I"ve been eyeing some Nyko Perfect shots for $3.75 at one of them, but no one seems to be buying them, could drop even lower. I've also seen Pokemon Black / White for $17.99 (or somewhere around there).

The point is, if your local Kroger chain store has any good games in their cases, chances are they will clearance them out eventually, just need to be patient and check in every week or so.

[quote name='mediviper']One near my house did this. They had super street fighter for $3.50 for the 360[/QUOTE]

Wow, I was being sarcastic lol, but that is pretty sweet!

bread's done
Back