Aliens: Colonial Marine Collector Edition 86.77 Walmart.com

I am pooping my pants with excitement over this game, and that set looks fantastic! I wonder if Best Buy will price-match a pre-order price?

[quote name='rogus']I am pooping my pants with excitement over this game, and that set looks fantastic! I wonder if Best Buy will price-match a pre-order price?[/QUOTE]

it's sold out online at bestbuy and target, it's weird walmart is lowering the preorder price

[quote name='rogus']I am pooping my pants with excitement over this game, and that set looks fantastic! I wonder if Best Buy will price-match a pre-order price?[/QUOTE]

hahaha

I want this game to be really good but the more stuff that comes out the worse it looks. I keep thinking it'll be more AVP than we're hoping it will be. AVP was fun but it was still a let down

[quote name='slickkill77']I want this game to be really good but the more stuff that comes out the worse it looks. I keep thinking it'll be more AVP than we're hoping it will be. AVP was fun but it was still a let down[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I will not be paying $60 day one like I did with avp

[quote name='therealdanhill']Friggin Nintendo. Anybody want to buy a Wii u lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Nintendo's not the developer here, Gearbox is. I'm failing to see how this is Nintendo's fault.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Friggin Nintendo. Anybody want to buy a Wii u lol[/QUOTE]

I have no problems waiting. I've got plenty of games to play.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yeah, Nintendo's not the developer here, Gearbox is. I'm failing to see how this is Nintendo's fault.[/QUOTE]

As a consumer, I don't really care about who's fault it is. I just want to buy the product at the earliest available time and buy for the console that enables me to do so

[quote name='therealdanhill']As a consumer, I don't really care about who's fault it is. I just want to buy the product at the earliest available time and buy for the console that enables me to do so[/QUOTE]

Yea but as a complainer, you really should know what the hell you're complaining about before complaining about it.

[quote name='confoosious']Yea but as a complainer, you really should know what the hell you're complaining about before complaining about it.[/QUOTE]

it wasn't a complaint. I intend on buying the ce for 360 so I can have it sooner, and I have been trying to sell my Wii u for a month. No need to ride my Dick about it lol unless the words of a total stranger who you will never meet gets you that upset that you couldn't help but call me out because I'm not informed enough for some equally total strangers liking... Get a life lol

[quote name='therealdanhill']it wasn't a complaint. I intend on buying the ce for 360 so I can have it sooner, and I have been trying to sell my Wii u for a month. No need to ride my Dick about it lol unless the words of a total stranger who you will never meet gets you that upset that you couldn't help but call me out because I'm not informed enough for some equally total strangers liking... Get a life lol[/QUOTE]

Don't be mad and result to insulting a far more valuable CAG member compared to you :(
Last time someone had their panties up in a bunch, the OP closed the thread.
I'll bite. Thanks OP

Buying from Walmart will at least give you an option to price match or return if it gets cheaper in next 90 days
Only reason why I would prefer this over Amazon

[quote name='DS9']This will be 49 or less in 5 months.[/QUOTE]
in a year or two, it will end up on amazon warehouse for $40 or less, from the gameplay video i saw on youtube, this is game is going to flop. No way it sells like as well as the borderlands series ,lol

If these CE last a month they will be $69.99 to $79.99 on sale somewhere. I will bite on the standard release. The statue (toy) looks worser than the old kid toys from back in the day. I rather just buy a xenomorph figurine somewhere. imo still looks like a awesome game.

[quote name='BWeed560']If these CE last a month they will be $69.99 to $79.99 on sale somewhere. I will bite on the standard release. The statue (toy) looks worser than the old kid toys from back in the day. I rather just buy a xenomorph figurine somewhere. imo still looks like a awesome game.[/QUOTE]
actually bestbuy is the only retailer that drops ce within few months, if they still have extra stock. The most recent example being assassins creed 3 limited edition

[quote name='slickkill77']AVP was fun but it was still a let down[/QUOTE]
The MP was actually really good except for the awful dev team deciding against dedicated servers. By the time they did finally add it, the community was dead. The lag made playing an alien god mode since it was impossible to block their one-shot strong attack lol.

[quote name='fortunado']I'd love to see some detailed shots of the figurine or some video of it (not an unboxing necessarily).[/QUOTE]
They show photos try google. I got preordered newegg 85 shipped the extras make it a must. The loader alone rules. :lol:

[quote name='slickkill77']I want this game to be really good but the more stuff that comes out the worse it looks. I keep thinking it'll be more AVP than we're hoping it will be. AVP was fun but it was still a let down[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I love the Alien franchise and I really want this to be good but I have yet to be impressed from anything I've seen. Gameplay looks mediocre, graphics look mediocre, could care less about multiplayer. Going to wait on reviews and go from there.

Good luck getting anyone to meet up with you to buy it with that psycho-looking avatar of yours. Not to mention your fantastic attitude.

As far as the game, I don't know what previews you all have seen, but I think it's looking good. The Left 4 Dead style multiplayer should fit well, fingers crossed.

My deepest hopes for this game have just dropped yet another notch. It wouldnt even be that hard to make this an excellent game but i fear we are going down the avp path again which itself was a straight rip from the old computer game which didnt do very well.

This is one game I am not going to be covering in my blog as this looks like it will kill my wallet for an instant failure. Just saying.

The sting of AVP is still fresh in my mind.

Already preorder at BB, otherwise I would be all over this. One of the few games this year I'll be buying on day one. Apart from some dated graphics, everything I've seen looks great

Saw this game in action at PAX East last year. I was really pumped to see it but was left feeling a little disappointed. I was hoping for a dark, creepy atmosphere like the films, but it came off kinda cheesy with the dialogue... Gameplay looked fine, but with a franchise like Alien they really should nail the atmosphere and it didnt feel that way. Hopefully the extra time this game got in the oven helped it be a better game. I'm holding out hope anyways.

[quote name='StryderOmega']This is one game I am not going to be covering in my blog as this looks like it will kill my wallet for an instant failure. Just saying.

The sting of AVP is still fresh in my mind.[/QUOTE]

Dunno how that's relevant, Gearbox didn't make that, and with their success with Borderlands I don't see how this can turn out as awful (people bring up Duke Nukem, but they were handed a rotting Frankenstein carcass that they were told to dress up and make it look pretty).

AVP1 and AVP2 for the PC are still the best Alien first person shooter games by far. Alien Resurrection on the PS1 is a close third.

AVP3 was dog crap.

Colonial Marines looks like it will be mediocre at best. When killed, the Aliens explode like a shook up can of Mountain Dew.

[quote name='BWeed560']If these CE last a month they will be $69.99 to $79.99 on sale somewhere. I will bite on the standard release. The statue (toy) looks worser than the old kid toys from back in the day. I rather just buy a xenomorph figurine somewhere. imo still looks like a awesome game.[/QUOTE]

Those Kenner Alien/Predator toys from the early 90's were actually pretty well made. Sure, they created a 2nd series that diverted quite a bit from the original Giger appearance, but the original figures were a good representation of the film. The Queen in particular looks good.

Damn. I remember seeing a preview awhile ago that made the game look promising. Since the game is heralded as a sequel to the movies, the biggest thing I'm looking for is a narrative/experience that does the series justice. Although, from the looks of it, I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

[quote name='Madrocsz']Had this preordered at amazon. Will have to cancel that after learning of some reviews etc for this[/QUOTE]

what reviews? links please

Speaking of links. Everytime I try to post a link from my iPhone 4S it never posts as a link. How does one post a link from an iPhone?

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Dunno how that's relevant, Gearbox didn't make that, and with their success with Borderlands I don't see how this can turn out as awful (people bring up Duke Nukem, but they were handed a rotting Frankenstein carcass that they were told to dress up and make it look pretty).[/QUOTE]

Well, to be honest, it is a licensed Hollywood IP. Anything Hollywood has their hands in for some reason turns to shit. I will eat my words if the game actually does well, but I have absolutely ZERO faith in it as of right now.

bread's done
Back