What are you playing?

perfectmf1386

CAGiversary!
Just curious to find out what everyone else is playing. What are you playing, are you enjoying it and why? What do you plan to play next when you've completed any that you're currently playing?

Recommend anything that you think people may like based on what people are playing.

Playing through Jeanne D'Arc (PSP), Sims 3(PS3), Hotline Miami (PC).

I've enjoyed Jeanne D'Arc very much. I don't typically play JRPGs or turn based strategy games. Last tbs game I played was Advance Wars on GBA. But I'm going through this phase of buying up cheap PSP games and picked this up for about $10. Happy I did.

Hotline Miami was a pleasant surprise. Picked it up on the Steam holiday sale and I'm hooked. Anybody have any general tips?

Plan to go through the backlog afterwards and play the Uncharted series.

Borderlands 2 DLC and + play through, Madden 13, NBA 2K13, I am fixing to start Dishonored and start back with Far Cry 3. I also need to beat God Of War 3, but I haven't played it in a while and have kind of lost interest.

Finished playing through Earth Defense Force 2017 portable.I'm gonna keep going back to it,there are more weapons I want to get.Now I've moved on to playing Crush(PSP).

[quote name='mrx001']Finished playing through Earth Defense Force 2017 portable.I'm gonna keep going back to it,there are more weapons I want to get.Now I've moved on to playing Crush(PSP).[/QUOTE]

Is EDF worth $40? I've been itching for a new Vita game lately. I already own Insect Armageddon for PS3 but some have said 2017 is much better.

[quote name='perfectmf1386']Is EDF worth $40? I've been itching for a new Vita game lately. I already own Insect Armageddon for PS3 but some have said 2017 is much better.[/QUOTE]
I really love the series and that includes Insect Armageddon.So that makes me extremely biased. If you really liked Insect Armageddon then yes I recommend you get 2017.

The odd combination of Dance Central 3, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Borderlands 2 with friends and Resident Evil 6 whenever my other friend is free. Also I apparently like sequels.

Switching between DBZ Budokai HD Collection, Anarchy Reigns and Cap'n America on the 360. Prolly gonna play more DoA 5 soon, though.

Street Fighter when I'm watching movies or working on the computer.

The Cave - 360 and Wii U
I'm playing it for review.

Ni No Kuni - PS3
I've completeded it once already for review, but I played it on the company gamer tag. So I'm replaying for trophies and the fact that its awesome.

Oddworld: Strangers Wrath - Playstation Vita
It's a pretty fun port.

Minecraft 360 - Xbox 360
It's my zen game.

Finished playing through Virtue's Last Reward. Very satisfying game. I'm thinking I'll go for the critical 2012 darlings next. It's just a coin toss to see if I play The Walking Dead or Journey first.

Right now since im on laptop only (i just posted a recommendation thread about it), im playing Subspace (2d spaceship game) and CS1.6

screenshot =
1220352-subspace.gif

I was playing Call of Duty 4 for the past couple of weeks. I noticed I owned it and never gave the multiplayer a try, opting only to play through the campaign. I was enjoying myself, not understanding what all the fuss was about when people complained about the fanbase or abuse on Xbox Live (very few people ever talked), when I wandered into a modded game using the standard matchmaking system. When I exited I found that I had like minus a billion points and I couldn't play the game anymore using the public playlists, haha.

So I guess I'll go play Modern Warfare 2 until the same thing happens, though I researched some signs to look out for and I now know to just quit to the dashboard in an attempt to save your progress.

$60 a year for the best multiplayer experience on Earth!

Also LA Noire again.

Far Cry 3 is taking up much of my time while Assassins Creed begs to be played like the bastard step child it is. Ubisoft scratches my itch to trophy hunt and collect like no other dev.

For those on the fence about NBA2k13 don't buy it. It is SO addicting, especially the My Player mode where you create a player and guide them from draft to the Hall of Fame. Gaining points and choosing what to say to get more fans or be a douche for the hell of it is awesome as well---you can even sit down with the GM and ask to be traded among many other options. It sucks sports titles don't get any GOTY recognition.

Besides that it's Blops2 Multiplayer, I'm 2 missions in on the campaign, but have no desire to do anything but shoot people online...very smooth and satisfying on the PS3 to my pleasant surprise.

My backlog looms larger by the day as these 3 games are in a steady and heavy rotation.

Currently I am playing

• Don't Starve pc (pre-order beta) [Love it]
  • Alien Shooter 2 Reloaded PC (enjoying it)
  • Dawn of War GOTY PC
  • Victoria 2 Complete PC (on tutorial got it yesterday)
  • Lucid PC (puzzle game)
  • Faster Than Light PC (always a oh god why did I not retreat)
  • Droid Assault PC (fun shooter from puppygames)
  • Terraria PC (always love it)
  • Path Of Exile PC (Freaking love this game)
  • Torch Light 2 (My Crawler goto next to Path of Exile)
I am playing these in a group as how I usually play my pc games.Once I beat the beatable ones I uninstall and install something in their gaming category to replace them. I am a completionist in a sort so takes me a bit of time to beat beatable games.

P.S. if your a weekly Path of Exile Player or Torch Light 2 player and want to party up with fresh chars we only use at least once a week while we play hit me up with a pm here. I own TL2 via steam so if you do as well its all the easier to add you to my co-op buddy list.

Now Playing:

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND (PS Vita & XBOX 360):
Got to a depth of 400 last night in Abyss mode with Noel. Hakumen ended my streak. If I can beat him, I'll get the 15,000+ credits I dropped when I lost.

Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita): Recently experienced the
overnight school trip
. Just started the
"Rise Kujikawa-on-the-Midnight-Channel"
arc. Working on improving my
scooter
skills and getting my Chie and Yukiko social links up there.

[quote name='GenHavok']Currently I am playing

• Faster Than Light PC (always a oh god why did I not retreat)
[/QUOTE]

I love some FTL, even though I always have a feeling that I don't know what I'm supposed to do or I'm playing wrong....

[quote name='jlarlee']Last two games I finished were The Walking Dead and Far Cry 3. Both great games. next up is XCOM[/QUOTE]

i liked xcom alot. still havent finished my first playthrough yet though...

Uncharted: Golden Abyss and a bit of FTL and Awesomenauts.
I heard a lot mixed reviews for Uncharted, but aside from all the touchscreen/gyro gimmicks-I'm finding it quite enjoyable.

I just started playing Skyrim. I could never get into previous Elder Scrolls games because dialogue was weak and the stories were bland. I prefer RPGs like ME and KOTOR but I'm enjoying it so far. Seems like there is a shit load of things to do.

PS3:
Borderlands 2 second play through and DLC
Need to start Farcry 3 again
Dead Space 3

Multiplayer:
Madden 13
NBA 2K13
Black Ops 2 (unfortunately)

PS Vita:
Uncharted
Persona 4 Golden
Silent Hill

Just started Sleeping dogs (ps3). Picked it up cause it was free on ps plus. Awesome game! However, I do wish there was more a variety of weapons but other than that its great!

After if beat this game I'm thinking about getting Kingdoms of Amalur. If you guys know of any other really good rpgs let me know!

[quote name='akcjd95']Just started Sleeping dogs (ps3). Picked it up cause it was free on ps plus. Awesome game! However, I do wish there was more a variety of weapons but other than that its great!

After if beat this game I'm thinking about getting Kingdoms of Amalur. If you guys know of any other really good rpgs let me know![/QUOTE]
Wish US would get Sleeping Dogs for +. I already have played most the stuff US is getting with + i.e. Borderlands, Bioshock 2 yada yada. Oh well I can't complain mine has already paid for itself with LBP2, and various other PSN games.

scratch Madden off my list, had enough of getting intercepted a million times and the stupid pause freeze because I don't have the factory HDD in my system. Hello eBay.

I also play "tankionline", its a pretty cool tank game, web-based, with upgrades, ranks and everything.

[quote name='mat1c']Right now since im on laptop only (i just posted a recommendation thread about it), im playing Subspace (2d spaceship game) and CS1.6
[/QUOTE]

Subspace is great, still play it every once in a while. My favorite zone was Extreme Games.

Playing:
Final Fantasy XIII
Borderlands 2
Kings Bounty: Armored Princess
Civilization V

Farcry3 is really something else. Played it twice already to see both endings. Wish it was better cuz I really didn't enjoy both of them but the game play is fucking sweet. The game is too easy once you start getting into it. Anyone been able to nail a death from above with a parachute? I dunno if it's possible but been trying to do it but I think I'm done with it already. Probably put in 50 hours in less than a month.

I finished Jeanne D'Arc, Hotline Miami and Uncharted 1.

Currently working on Uncharted 2, Dead Space 3(not enjoying it as much as I thought I would, being a huge fan of the first 2), Madden 13 Vita, and about to start Pokemon Black 2.

Playing the shit out of Fire Emblem: Awakening. Super addicted to it. Perfect way to start my tenure of 3DS XL ownership.

Also working my way through Metal Gear Rising. Fun game, but Platinum knows what they're doing. I didn't have any real doubts.

PS3: Playing infamous 2 at the moment. Gonna play Vanquish next.

Xbox: Playing Darksiders. Not sure if I want to start Darksiders II after I beat it or play Enslaved.

Currently playing Uncharted 3 for the second time. MGS Rising was my next game, but unfortunately I forgot I still had Aliens Colonial Marines in my Gamefly queue (WHY!?), so that came instead, which I immediately sent back without playing. From there, I'll try and finish Assassin's Creed III before Bioshock Infinite hits at the end of March. Once Bioshock is done, I'm pretty much free until GTA V hits in September, so I'm going to spend those five or six months exclusively with Skyrim (it's criminal how little of Skyrim I've played). I'm trying to do less gaming, so I figure only playing about 4 or 5 games this year is a good goal.

Trying to finish up some more trophies on Ni No Kuni. Not sure if I'm going to get a Platinum or not. I think I might actually try beat FF13 or finish up my sly collection.

Battlefield 3 - Xbpx 360 - Just been trying to get my recon up a little as I barely play as that class.

Borderlands 2 - Xbo 360 - Going through campaign prefer doing it on co-op but no one seems to ever join my games

Halo 4 - Just trying to do challenges each time

Crysis 3 (Finished it today) (X360) - Mediocre campaign. Fun multiplayer. Worth nothing more than a rental.

Metal Gear Rising (PS3) - Very slick and stylish game but I just wasn't having fun with it at all, as matter of fact I was having the opposite of fun. So back to Gamefly it went. Huge disappointment. :(

Gears of War 3 - Taking this off the shelf and finishing up the campaign since I never got around to it.

As for PS3, I might finish some of my backlog or go back and try to Plat Ni no Kuni.

I Don't know why, but started playing Fez. I Still don't know where the fuck I'm going or suppose to do in the game, but I think I'm having fun.

Currently Sonic Colors. Wanted to like it, but it's just not good. I'll have a full review up soon, but so far not recommended. Next in line is 007 Blood Diamond. Cautiously optimistic. These less than stellar games are courtesy of a blockbuster express 2 month free trial. Don't know why I'm bothering with them, but nothing else is available.

Currently playing Infamous, it's okay, kind of feel like I'm doing some of the same stuff over and over again.

Also Playing FFIV CC on PSP, loving that game. I'm finally going to beat one of my copies of FFIV.

[quote name='mlisette23']Currently playing Infamous, it's okay, kind of feel like I'm doing some of the same stuff over and over again.

Also Playing FFIV CC on PSP, loving that game. I'm finally going to beat one of my copies of FFIV.[/QUOTE]

inFamous gets a lot better in the later half. It's definitely a slow burn, so I'd stick with it:)

bread's done
Back