My Best Buy GC Offers: $10 off Tales of Xillia, $30 off Rabbids Land Wii U, $30 off ESPN Sports Connection Wii U, $25 off Turtle Beach Marvel Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tsel']I actually need a new 360 controller. Ideally, I'd like one for more than $10 off.[/QUOTE]
you should try buying one off amazon warehouse for sub $30

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I get a, Sorry, this page cannot be displayed, message...[/QUOTE]
The offers won't be active the moment I post them, they are usually active in the morning. You can only use them in-store and they don't open till tomorrow anyways.

[quote name='htz']The offers won't be active the moment I post them, they are usually active in the morning. You can only use them in-store and they don't open till tomorrow anyways.[/QUOTE]

Ah, got it. I want that hub. You can use that to charge the wireless stereo headset, right? Its always a pain having to plug that in to the ps3 whenever it runs outta juice...

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Ah, got it. I want that hub. You can use that to charge the wireless stereo headset, right? Its always a pain having to plug that in to the ps3 whenever it runs outta juice...[/QUOTE]
Best Buy actually had a sale on the Hub a week or so ago which I made a thread about.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335440
You can check out the reviews from other CAGs that picked it up.

[quote name='cyclonestoney']Will this stack with the $10 off coupon in the mag?[/QUOTE]
It might work depending on if the RZ coupon has the sku for the silver transforming D-pad version as eligible.

[quote name='htz']It might work depending on if the RZ coupon has the sku for the silver transforming D-pad version as eligible.[/QUOTE]

If it does stack I would love to combine that coupon and pick up another one of those controllers. The 360 d-pad is horrific but the one on the transforming controller is tolerable. That being said I highly doubt the RZ offer will work with that controller, but maybe some of us could get lucky with a manager override?

I bought the hub and I thought mine didn't work but someone in another thread said you have to connect the ac adapter into the wall and the usb cable into the ps3 to power on the USB hub.

I still can't see this deal. I tried searching for offers on the Gamers Club site and nothing is showing. Clicked the link, and it brings me to a broken page. I am not an Unlocked member, so it's possible this is for Unlocked members only.

So if you search for the item on their website, it shows as 17.99 but there is a link to special promotions. This is the item website.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfish%26%23153%3B+-+USB+Ultra+Power+Hub+for+PlayStation+3+-+Black/6035025.p?id=1218714255916&skuId=6035025&AID=10597222&PID=1312731&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2FRocketfish%2526%2523153%253B%2B-%2BUSB%2BUltra%2BPower%2BHub%2Bfor%2BPlayStation%2B3%2B-%2BBlack%2F6035025.p%3Fid%3D1218714255916%26skuId%3D6035025&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

Click on the link on the page for See Reward Zone for Gamers Club Offer. When you click on it, it brings up a pop-up page stating it is $9.99 in-store only, click this link (on the pop-up page) to print out your coupon. Clicking on that link brings you to the same broken page listed in the first post. Basically, it looks like Best Buy's website is screwed up right now but it is an active promotion, there is just no way to print the coupon :) Best Buy never ceases to amaze me.

[quote name='Mippo']I still can't see this deal. I tried searching for offers on the Gamers Club site and nothing is showing. Clicked the link, and it brings me to a broken page. I am not an Unlocked member, so it's possible this is for Unlocked members only.

So if you search for the item on their website, it shows as 17.99 but there is a link to special promotions. This is the item website.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfish%26%23153%3B+-+USB+Ultra+Power+Hub+for+PlayStation+3+-+Black/6035025.p?id=1218714255916&skuId=6035025&AID=10597222&PID=1312731&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2FRocketfish%2526%2523153%253B%2B-%2BUSB%2BUltra%2BPower%2BHub%2Bfor%2BPlayStation%2B3%2B-%2BBlack%2F6035025.p%3Fid%3D1218714255916%26skuId%3D6035025&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

Click on the link on the page for See Reward Zone for Gamers Club Offer. When you click on it, it brings up a pop-up page stating it is $9.99 in-store only, click this link (on the pop-up page) to print out your coupon. Clicking on that link brings you to the same broken page listed in the first post. Basically, it looks like Best Buy's website is screwed up right now but it is an active promotion, there is just no way to print the coupon :) Best Buy never ceases to amaze me.[/QUOTE]

it's not a coupon you print. it's an offer you claim. that's all you need to do. the bar code on your "coupon" is simply your rz account number. if you claimed the offer it will ring up the sale price automatically in store

[quote name='shadowkast']it's not a coupon you print. it's an offer you claim. that's all you need to do. the bar code on your "coupon" is simply your rz account number. if you claimed the offer it will ring up the sale price automatically in store[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the page where you "claim" it isn't working, so whether you claim it or print it, it's not working.

[quote name='htz']The offers won't be active the moment I post them, they are usually active in the morning. You can only use them in-store and they don't open till tomorrow anyways.[/QUOTE]
Still not a working link.

just an FYI for people considering the HUB you have to have it plugged into an outlet in order for it to work and the AC cord is pretty short. i've had mine for 3 weeks and it works really well looks nice next to my slim too.

So the hub needs the AC plugged in, but what about PS3/PC? Does it NEED to be plugged in there as well? It seemed there were mixed answers of that in the previous thread.

Tried on mobile and it doesn't even show the gamers club offer, however it does show up on my PC. Also the promotional page to claim the offer is still not up yet.

[quote name='Chocoburger']Tried on mobile and it doesn't even show the gamers club offer, however it does show up on my PC. Also the promotional page to claim the offer is still not up yet.[/QUOTE]
Whoever is operating there website is slacking off lately, this would be the second time this month a sale has not been active even though its advertised. :nottalking:

[quote name='Saix_XIII']So the hub needs the AC plugged in, but what about PS3/PC? Does it NEED to be plugged in there as well? It seemed there were mixed answers of that in the previous thread.[/QUOTE]

ok I tried it out right now some stuff will charge with the PS3 off my phone for instance charges. The PS3 controller doesn't light up like it does when it is charging so I don't know about that.

Funny thing is the USB hub SKU has been on clearance for a lil bit. Some stores that have 30%-50% off clearance would net better than $10.

Last edited by a moderator:
is8.jpg
is8.jpg

Does anyone know if this $10 off 360 Wireless Controller offer can stack with the GCU $10 off transforming d-pad 360 controller coupon?

[quote name='flakyflakes']Does anyone know if this $10 off 360 Wireless Controller offer can stack with the GCU $10 off transforming d-pad 360 controller coupon?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering about this as well, reading the description of the RZ offer though makes me think they won't work together...

"Using optimized technology, the black Xbox 360 Wireless Controller..."

Is there a black Xbox 360 controller that has the transforming dpad?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']So the hub needs the AC plugged in, but what about PS3/PC? Does it NEED to be plugged in there as well? It seemed there were mixed answers of that in the previous thread.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for PC, but for PS3, yes, you need to have it plugged into both the PS3 AND wall outlet to charge most PS3 accessories. And the PS3 MUST be turned on too.

If it is just plugged into the wall and your PS3 is off, it will (strangely) charge only a few things (it charged my PS3 Bluetooth headset, for example), but it won't charge your controllers (DualShock, Move, or Nav). If your PS3 is on, though, everything will charge just fine.

For anyone expecting this to charge your PS3 accessories while the PS3 is turned off (like the PS3 AC Adaptor that Sony themselves made a few years ago), then I wouldn't recommend this.

FYI: recently I got a random 800RZ bump for no apparent reason but upon viewing my point history they retroactively added it for the "buy a year of Live get 800MSP" RZ offer. I have no idea why it showed up now (purchase was in the middle of November) but I got 800RZ and 800MSP out of the deal. Anyone who used that offer should check their past purchases.

[quote name='Alien Spider']I'm wondering about this as well, reading the description of the RZ offer though makes me think they won't work together...

"Using optimized technology, the black Xbox 360 Wireless Controller..."

Is there a black Xbox 360 controller that has the transforming dpad?[/QUOTE]
I looked it up on the site and did see it listed (the d pad is silver and kinda looks weird) BUT when I open it up on the site it shows me the regular silver looking controller so I guess you have to go there and try to get them to do it.

[quote name='IceColdKilla44']I can't speak for PC, but for PS3, yes, you need to have it plugged into both the PS3 AND wall outlet to charge most PS3 accessories. And the PS3 MUST be turned on too.

If it is just plugged into the wall and your PS3 is off, it will (strangely) charge only a few things (it charged my PS3 Bluetooth headset, for example), but it won't charge your controllers (DualShock, Move, or Nav). If your PS3 is on, though, everything will charge just fine.

For anyone expecting this to charge your PS3 accessories while the PS3 is turned off (like the PS3 AC Adaptor that Sony themselves made a few years ago), then I wouldn't recommend this.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it wasn't charging the controller? The guy in the other thread said that it will charge your controller, but the charging light doesn't turn on..

[quote name='LlamaNinja']I looked it up on the site and did see it listed (the d pad is silver and kinda looks weird) BUT when I open it up on the site it shows me the regular silver looking controller so I guess you have to go there and try to get them to do it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree. Though, the reward zone offer is supposed to be taken off automatically, so if it doesn't you may want to have a copy of the reward zone coupon handy since at that point it will take the CSR to do some kind of coupon override to get them to both show up. Or, the offer gets applied automatically and the Gamer coupon doesn't work, either way using both coupons might end up being YMMV.

[quote name='zzamaro']So the HUB need to be plugged in at all times even if the PS3 if turned off?[/QUOTE]

That would make sense.. how could it charge your controller if it wasn't plugged in?

[quote name='Gareee']That would make sense.. how could it charge your controller if it wasn't plugged in?[/QUOTE]
It's also connected to the PS3 via the USB cable so one can wonder.

These deals are really bad. They seem to get worse and worse each time. Here's hoping the next set of offers are good.

[quote name='Fukurou']These deals are really bad. They seem to get worse and worse each time. Here's hoping the next set of offers are good.[/QUOTE]

I'd disagree. I'm quite pleased with the USB hub for $10 - its exactly what I needed.

I've been investigating a wall charger that can handle more than two controllers at once and doesn't require the system to be turned on. This one seems to fit the bill:

Cosmos wall charger - $9.99

Unlike other USB wall chargers, all ports can output 2A of power, making it theoretically strong enough to charge a controller. Mine arrives tomorrow, so I'll post impressions then if anyone is interested.

For those that have it, can this be used as a standard USB port on a PC without being plugged in?

I might grab it if it has flexibility to do something else I need.

had $10 in certs so i picked up the hub for free. don't ask how he got it to work and i didn't pay sales tax. i just know he said "Ryan doesn't pay for things when he comes here" to the girl ringing me out and handed me my receipt. not a penny was owed?!

[quote name='shadowkast']had $10 in certs so i picked up the hub for free. don't ask how he got it to work and i didn't pay sales tax. i just know he said "Ryan doesn't pay for things when he comes here" to the girl ringing me out and handed me my receipt. not a penny was owed?![/QUOTE]

Oh good, I'm not the only one with that rep at BB (though I'm also the "game trade girl").

[quote name='shadowkast']had $10 in certs so i picked up the hub for free. don't ask how he got it to work and i didn't pay sales tax. i just know he said "Ryan doesn't pay for things when he comes here" to the girl ringing me out and handed me my receipt. not a penny was owed?![/QUOTE]

Only way that would happen is if they manually overrode it to $10 (penny higher) then the cert took it down to $0.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Only way that would happen is if they manually overrode it to $10 (penny higher) then the cert took it down to $0.[/QUOTE]

idunno, it shows $9.99 on receipt. also, I'd still have to pay tax on it even if he put it to $10 even

[quote name='shadowkast']idunno, it shows $9.99 on receipt. also, I'd still have to pay tax on it even if he put it to $10 even[/QUOTE]

Odd how the receipt shows $9.99. Does it have the RZ listed as -$10?

Also, no you wouldn't need to pay the tax. RZ acts as a coupon, not form of payment. If you use $30 rewards on a $60 game you only pay tax on the $30 left over, not the full $60.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Odd how the receipt shows $9.99. Does it have the RZ listed as -$10?

Also, no you wouldn't need to pay the tax. RZ acts as a coupon, not form of payment. If you use $30 rewards on a $60 game you only pay tax on the $30 left over, not the full $60.[/QUOTE]

1) hope this works, phone don't wanna copy and paste correctly
http://s439.beta.photobucket.com/user/shadowkastone/media/IMG_20130129_160050_628_zps0579054c.jpg.html

2)always thought rz certs were exactly like a form of payment

3) not trying to make a big deal. just always heard couldn't be done yet the kid did it without a manar override

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back