LBP Karting $19.99 at BB today

I just spotted it at BFADS. They usually run till midnight though, right?

After the bad taste ModnationRacers left in our mouths, we are passing on LBP karting regardless of price.

[quote name='n64ra']My BB has it advertised today (Monday) as $19.99. It rings up as $39.99 so a manager has to price adjust it.[/QUOTE]

they more then likely forgot to take the advertised price down. It was yesterday's Deal of the Day.

[quote name='FidelityNy']It's $10 for PS Plus members tomorrow, $20 for regular users.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but HDD space vs Physical copy. You decide what's better, personally I always go for the physical copy if I can.

and you can't trade in the download, if you get more then $10 or trade in it's better to buy physical, I got it for the $20 at best buy and I am happy.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Yeah but HDD space vs Physical copy. You decide what's better, personally I always go for the physical copy if I can.[/QUOTE]

HDD space is fine. The only people that rather have physical over digital are people with small HDD's and a huge backlog of physical copies of their games. Digital doesn't get damaged and you can download and play them on more than one console in your household.

[quote name='usrevenge']and you can't trade in the download, if you get more then $10 or trade in it's better to buy physical, I got it for the $20 at best buy and I am happy.[/QUOTE]

You're only going to get a couple of bucks if you try trading this game in, it's a flop and stores are obviously trying to get rid of it, trade in doesn't apply for this game at all.

I can't believe it's going to be $10 already. Finally some significant discounts on PSN games.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']they more then likely forgot to take the advertised price down. It was yesterday's Deal of the Day.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, but they will still honor it. Also, you can make it effectively $10 with the MC promo.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Yeah but HDD space vs Physical copy. You decide what's better, personally I always go for the physical copy if I can.[/QUOTE]
Also, you can still use the physcial copy once a PS+ membership expires.

[quote name='n64ra']Also, you can still use the physcial copy once a PS+ membership expires.[/QUOTE]

PS+ members can keep ANY game they pay money for. The only games that "expire" are free ones. Personally, I have no interest in LBK but at $10, that's a steal. I honestly don't see people being able to get $10+ for trade-in credit within the next few weeks.

[quote name='SynGamer']PS+ members can keep ANY game they pay money for. The only games that "expire" are free ones. Personally, I have no interest in LBK but at $10, that's a steal. I honestly don't see people being able to get $10+ for trade-in credit within the next few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Oh crap. You're right. I was obviously thinking of free games.

Physical copies always, but $10 is a damn good deal

[quote name='bshirk']I can't believe it's going to be $10 already. Finally some significant discounts on PSN games.[/QUOTE]
Playing it will help you believe it:)
It's just not very good compared to other racing games out there.

[quote name='mrclutch']Playing it will help you believe it:)
It's just not very good compared to other racing games out there.[/QUOTE]is it $10 good?

[quote name='Brother Daz']is it $10 good?[/QUOTE]

I played the beta and it was alright. But then again it was a beta so I'm sure some things changed. I'd definitely wouldn't pay more then $20 but at $10 I'd bite. I'm more interested in the UGC then anything else. Does anyone know how the UGC turned out?

[quote name='FidelityNy'] The only people that rather have physical over digital are people with small HDD's and a huge backlog of physical copies of their games.

[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k

[quote name='Brother Daz']is it $10 good?[/QUOTE]

I just picked it up for the $19.99 and am on the 3rd world and have checked out the community levels a bit, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit for the $20 price tag...

As a kart racer, it's a bit meh... It feels a little slow, the drift is a bit sloppy and not as well implemented as some other racers, the AI are a bit cheap (you can block one shot with your weapon, but there are usually another 1 or 2 behind it ready to take you out when you're defenseless), a lot of weapons total you...which causes you to reset on the track (the equivalent of falling off the track in other racers) and can cost you several places or a race win...

On the bright side, it actually does feel more like a LBP game than a karting game a lot of the time. There's sort of an emphasis on exploring and finding prize bubbles, which I find myself concentrating on more than the racing itself...and having a lot of fun with. The story sort of picks up after LBP2 and has the same style. The gaming has that LBP feel (right down to the licensed music...noticed a Devo song in there). There's the same type of customization (character/kart/planets/pod/custom levels). There are some minigame levels. It's really more of a story-driven, item collecting, adventure karting game than your typical "grand prix" style karter.

So, ya, I'd say it's worth the $10 if you like LBP or want to play something a bit different...or are interested in making your own tracks. If you're just looking for a top notch karting game, pay the extra for Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed.

[quote name='MR_E']I just picked it up for the $19.99 and am on the 3rd world and have checked out the community levels a bit, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit for the $20 price tag...

As a kart racer, it's a bit meh... It feels a little slow, the drift is a bit sloppy and not as well implemented as some other racers, the AI are a bit cheap (you can block one shot with your weapon, but there are usually another 1 or 2 behind it ready to take you out when you're defenseless), a lot of weapons total you...which causes you to reset on the track (the equivalent of falling off the track in other racers) and can cost you several places or a race win...

On the bright side, it actually does feel more like a LBP game than a karting game a lot of the time. There's sort of an emphasis on exploring and finding prize bubbles, which I find myself concentrating on more than the racing itself...and having a lot of fun with. The story sort of picks up after LBP2 and has the same style. The gaming has that LBP feel (right down to the licensed music...noticed a Devo song in there). There's the same type of customization (character/kart/planets/pod/custom levels). There are some minigame levels. It's really more of a story-driven, item collecting, adventure karting game than your typical "grand prix" style karter.

So, ya, I'd say it's worth the $10 if you like LBP or want to play something a bit different...or are interested in making your own tracks. If you're just looking for a top notch karting game, pay the extra for Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks for the mini review. Will definitely be picking this up for $10!

the trade in value of karting is $10 base price at best buy right now, i guess we will see if it drops but atm you can trade it in for $15 if you end up not wanting it, worth buying physical.

bread's done
Back