Target - WiiU Deluxe Console $329.99 1/20-1/26 - unadvertised special/YMMV?

KhrevalBruuk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Perhaps akin to the B2G1 unadvertised special on WiiU games last week, I just came from Target and saw the WiiU deluxe console is $20 off from 1/20 to 1/26, dropping it to $329.99. The basic console looked to still be $299.99.

It may not be clear in the bottom left of the pic, but the DPCI looks to be 207-29-0002.

EDIT: I thought that the placard meant it came from Target HQ, but it seems that may not be the case. Tossing YMMV in the title.

v316d3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KrayzieKMF']damn too bad their pm policy is only 14 days[/QUOTE]
...but what's their return policy? Think about it for a minute.

[quote name='confoosious']cue the haters. The wiiU is doomed!!! :whee:[/QUOTE]
But you got to admit when was the last time a home console launched and 3 months later a major retailer offered a price cut...

$313.49 with red card for a wii u deluxe is a pretty good deal, nice find op.

Why would they discount the Deluxe and not the Basic since the Basic is the slower mover of the 2?

I didnt see it at my store today so has to be YMMV.

[quote name='Deader2818']Why would they discount the Deluxe and not the Basic since the Basic is the slower mover of the 2?[/QUOTE]
Picture is right there in the OP.

[quote name='htz']Picture is right there in the OP.[/QUOTE]

I see that and really doesn't make sense. Temp price cuts though are always YMMV and can be just because that area is very slow moving on a product.

Shouldn't be a YMMV, it looks like a sign direct from HQ and not a store made sign. You can always call your local Target store and ask them to punch in some DPCI numbers that you have since you wondered what the price was in-store.

I know when I worked at target (03-06) Temp price cuts were store to store and we wouldn't price match a temp price cut from another store.

[quote name='klimb22']...but what's their return policy? Think about it for a minute.[/QUOTE]

That would be great if they didn't track serial #'s.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']That would be great if they didn't track serial #'s.[/QUOTE]
What's stopping you from returning the old one and buying a new one? They take returns on open systems. I think you get 90 for systems still.

[quote name='klimb22']What's stopping you from returning the old one and buying a new one? They take returns on open systems. I think you get 90 for systems still.[/QUOTE]

You can't redownload your digital games. No, scratch that. You can't even transfer your account.

[quote name='Wario64']You can't redownload your digital games. No, scratch that. You can't even transfer your account.[/QUOTE]

Wait what? You cant transfer account? So if your wii u gets broken or something you lose everything inside it? Wow!

[quote name='klimb22']What's stopping you from returning the old one and buying a new one? They take returns on open systems. I think you get 90 for systems still.[/QUOTE]
The following items must be returned within 30 days: Computers, netbooks, laptops, eReaders, tablets, cameras, camcorders, digital audio players, GPS systems, video game hardware, personal DVD players, and no-contract cell phones.
It's 30 days for the above items, everything else is 90 days.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Wait what? You cant transfer account? So if your wii u gets broken or something you lose everything inside it? Wow![/QUOTE]
you have to send it to nintendo and they do the transfer. who knows if they can even do that if its broken

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Wait what? You cant transfer account? So if your wii u gets broken or something you lose everything inside it? Wow![/QUOTE]

I guess Nintendo assumes no one would ever steal a Wii U in the first place or it would never break

holy shiat, tomorrow would be 65 days from November 18th if your Premiere Silver and bought it at BB like I did. Too bad that the website isn't reflecting this, and the BB would prolly call the store and stock is uncertain..too much leg work for 12 hours of tomorrow. Oh well..

[quote name='htz']But you got to admit when was the last time a home console launched and 3 months later a major retailer offered a price cut...

$313.49 with red card for a wii u deluxe is a pretty good deal, nice find op.[/QUOTE]

Lots of deals on the current portable consoles right after their respective launches.

No other home consoles have released in the "bad" economy, and this is only $20. That's NOTHING.

Of course with most really successful launches, you'd be hard pressed to find the console at all. Let along see a discount on it... however small that discount might be. So it is still an indication of trouble. But honestly I'm not sure this small discount is going to make much of a difference (as far as moving people off the sidelines to get a Wii-U).

I like mine, but eh, with slower hardware than a 2005 era console did you really expect it to be up to speed on user accounts?

Sad thing is I can't even justify it yet at at this price.

Somewhat related but not, I saw a few unadvertised games on sale:

skyward sword $20
modern warfare 3: $25
moh warfighter limited $20 (not sure might have been $30)
pilot wings 3ds $20

[quote name='Yeloazndevil']you have to send it to nintendo and they do the transfer. who knows if they can even do that if its broken[/QUOTE]

It was the same story with the wii, that everything was tied to one system. I had to send my old system in to Nintendo and they had to transfer all my dlc to the new system.

At least now there is a transfer mechanism from wii to wii u, and it sounds like in the future you will be able to freely transfer content between systems.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Just read the article. That is a completely retarded move by Nintendo. Just hope it's not a permanent thing and can be fix by a patch or something.[/QUOTE]

You know reading the title isn't the same as reading the article... right?

I owned a WiI U for a month, and I'm so glad I returned it. It's definitely not worth it at this point. There's a handful games that you should play, but other than that it's not worth it. I bought one primarily for my mother and sister. They primarily used it for Netflix. Then we tried to play a brand new Wii game after doing the mandatory update. Still wouldn't play Zelda. Back to the store our went. Buyer beware...

[quote name='Big D.']Damn I just bought one today at Best Buy. Oh well, $20 isn't that big of a deal.[/QUOTE]

They might price match it.

lol, threads like this sure makes the site trolls pop up.

20 off at one store (not yet confirmed if its all target stores) sure does single a 150 dollar drop by thanksgiving.

[quote name='Big D.']Damn I just bought one today at Best Buy. Oh well, $20 isn't that big of a deal.[/QUOTE]

I’ll give you my Paypal email; you can send me $20 since it’s not that big of a deal. :D

I'd like to see the Wii U sales numbers compared to the PS3 and the Xbox 360 launches to see how they are doing. I do expect the Wii U will have a nice price drop when the other new consoles arrive.
However you do have to wait for a year for that to happen. I'm not bashing the Wii U I just can't justify buying it since my Wii sits idle while I play the Xbox 360. For me it comes down to how does the Wii U compare to the next Playstation and Xbox?

[quote name='Indiana']I'd like to see the Wii U sales numbers compared to the PS3 and the Xbox 360 launches to see how they are doing. I do expect the Wii U will have a nice price drop when the other new consoles arrive.
However you do have to wait for a year for that to happen. I'm not bashing the Wii U I just can't justify buying it since my Wii sits idle while I play the Xbox 360. For me it comes down to how does the Wii U compare to the next Playstation and Xbox?[/QUOTE]

Numbers were released that showed its sales are behind the Wii but ahead of the PS3 and 360 by a good margin.

360 has the defense that it was out of stock so thats why the numbers werent higher, but PS3 bombed badly at launch.

[quote name='litepink']I’ll give you my Paypal email; you can send me $20 since it’s not that big of a deal. :D[/QUOTE]

That's one way to turn someone into a cheapass.

[quote name='confoosious']cue the haters. The wiiU is doomed!!! :whee:[/QUOTE]

I don’t know about doomed but the system underperformed during the holiday buying season and if rumors are true that Sony and MS are going to be selling their respective consoles for about 400 dollars then Nintendo is in trouble.

Personally, I think Nintendo is going to have to make a pretty significant price cut sooner rather than later because currently, there is very little incentive to own the system.

[quote name='htz']

$313.49 with red card for a wii u deluxe is a pretty good deal, nice find op.[/QUOTE]

Until you add on the NY 8.625% tax, and your 5% goes *poof*.

I'm surprised this is Deluxe and not Basic, each of the 2 Targets I go to have had 8 Basics and only 2 Deluxe in the display case for the past 2 weeks. Though I also think Nintendo should stop making the Basic, clear out inventory at $249 and drop the Deluxe to $299. MH3U will give them a few sales, but Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta 2 don't even have dates yet. I think the Wii U will survive and prosper once the main titles get released, but what happens when stores stop taking deliveries, does Nintedno just stop making the things for 2 years until Mario Universe and SSBUnlimited comes out?

bread's done
Back