The Pandora's Tower Preorder Thread

[quote name='Vap']Any idea if they're doing a CE anywhere?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I thought they were doing a CE? Maybe I'm wrong.

To my knowledge there hasn't been an announcement of one. If anything I would expect some sort of art book for preordering the game similar to Xenoblade. Only The Last Story got a CE out of the trio of Wii JRPGs so far.

[quote name='D.Choy']To my knowledge there hasn't been an announcement of one. If anything I would expect some sort of art book for preordering the game similar to Xenoblade. Only The Last Story got a CE out of the trio of Wii JRPGs so far.[/QUOTE]

Xseed had nothing to do with Xenoblade.

I think only the UK got a special edition: a steelbook
(newbies can't post links)

[quote name='62t']Xseed had nothing to do with Xenoblade.[/QUOTE]
I never mentioned Xseed in my post. I just said that it would probably get an art book similar to what was done with Xenoblade. Yes I know that Xseed is/did localization for Pandora and Last Story but that doesn't mean it guarantees that Pandora will get a CE just because Last Story got one.

For all we know maybe throwing in the extras for Last Story didn't move many more units in the US. It seems a lot more cost effective to JUST do an art book instead of "premium casing" and a soundtrack as well as an art book. Just my 2 cents though. It does seem a bit odd that they haven't announced anything regarding a CE despite them already putting pricing out on GameStop and Amazon. Wouldn't be surprised if it stayed that way and they just opt for the SE.

[quote name='D.Choy']I never mentioned Xseed in my post. I just said that it would probably get an art book similar to what was done with Xenoblade. Yes I know that Xseed is/did localization for Pandora and Last Story but that doesn't mean it guarantees that Pandora will get a CE just because Last Story got one.

For all we know maybe throwing in the extras for Last Story didn't move many more units in the US. It seems a lot more cost effective to JUST do an art book instead of "premium casing" and a soundtrack as well as an art book. Just my 2 cents though. It does seem a bit odd that they haven't announced anything regarding a CE despite them already putting pricing out on GameStop and Amazon. Wouldn't be surprised if it stayed that way and they just opt for the SE.[/QUOTE]

Actually they havent announced a pricing.

HAH so theyre definitely releasing this? I just got my UK CE imported several months ago *facepalms* well at least now i wont have to mod anything i guess if this is a for sure thing

Im just wondering on a CE, or first print CE or something

fuckin' hell! March has so many titles coming out!

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk
Tomb Raider
God of War: Ascension
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
Gears of War: Judgment
Bishock Infinite
Pandora's Tower

...all games I want... I'm gonna have to make some hard choices here :|

Which ones you think are gonna drop faster in price? I feel like God of War, Bioshock and Gears of War will all drop pretty quickly... and I wanna grab the CEs of the JRPGs.

[quote name='AugustAPC']fuckin' hell! March has so many titles coming out!

Tomb Raider
Bishock Infinite
Pandora's Tower

Which ones you think are gonna drop faster in price? I feel like God of War, Bioshock and Gears of War will all drop pretty quickly... and I wanna grab the CEs of the JRPGs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the bigger name games like Tomb Raider, GoW, etc will likely drop faster in price than the JRPGs. You also won't have to worry about small print runs or anything like that for the bigger name games which is something else to consider.

oh ya, Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk. I had forgot about that. I dont really see it on NISA's site. Maybe im blind and tired. Is it not listed yet?

Also i seem to recall hearing some grumblings about the translation being shoddy or missing stuff. Anyone know anything about that? I'll have to search up on it i guess. But ya.. as to August's question Gears of war, GOW, and Tomb Raider will drop really fast. Bioshock Infinites up in the air too.. ive heard some serious grumblings about that game being kinda shit

Hmm... my friends generally buy Gears day 1 and play campaign... not sure if that's the case this time around... but definitely effects my decision. I reaaaally wanna play the new Tomb Raider...

Fuuuuuuck! Well... I can cross off God of War and Bishock Infinite, I'll wait on them. I don't wanna buy more than 4 new games that month... so I'll need to let go of one more. I guess it'll either be Gears or Tomb Raider...

I'm already limiting myself to just Aliens: Colonial Marines in February too. Forcing myself to wait on MGSR: Revengeance and Dead Space 3. God. I guess it's a blessing I don't have 3DS or Wii-U yet or I'd be going nuts ><

Regarding Atelier Ayesha, I'm pretty sure they announced the release in March, but pre-orders aren't up yet.

[quote name='Kenshindono']oh ya, Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk. I had forgot about that. I dont really see it on NISA's site. Maybe im blind and tired. Is it not listed yet?

Also i seem to recall hearing some grumblings about the translation being shoddy or missing stuff. Anyone know anything about that? I'll have to search up on it i guess. But ya.. as to August's question Gears of war, GOW, and Tomb Raider will drop really fast. Bioshock Infinites up in the air too.. ive heard some serious grumblings about that game being kinda shit[/QUOTE]

Koei Tecmo is publishing it, so it probably won't be on NISA's store. Neptunia Victory is also coming in March and it is already up for preorder

Only issue is this time the game will be dub only.

Tomb Raider
Bishock Infinite
Pandora's Tower

Which ones you think are gonna drop faster in price? I feel like God of War, Bioshock and Gears of War will all drop pretty quickly... and I wanna grab the CEs of the JRPGs.[/QUOTE]
Great list of upcoming games on March.
If I were you, I'll wait for the God of War: Ascension, Gears of War, Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite (unless you're getting the collector's edition).

As for Atelier, I'm pre ordering it once if I hear any news about some premium edition. Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory will have a steady price for a long time and Pandora's tower will be pretty steady for around $30-40, but who knows, it may end up to be "rare" like Xenoblade Chroniciles. Good news is that it's not a GameStop exclusive.

[quote name='62t']Koei Tecmo is publishing it, so it probably won't be on NISA's store. Neptunia Victory is also coming in March and it is already up for preorder

Only issue is this time the game will be dub only.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

[quote name='TommyLove']Great list of upcoming games on March.
If I were you, I'll wait for the God of War: Ascension, Gears of War, Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite (unless you're getting the collector's edition).
[/QUOTE]

I've decided to wait on God of War and Bioshock. I think I'm going to get either Tomb Raider or Gears on release... not sure which one.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

I've decided to wait on God of War and Bioshock. I think I'm going to get either Tomb Raider or Gears on release... not sure which one.[/QUOTE]
Tomb Raider was a lot of fun when I played it during PAX Prime:bouncy:

[quote name='AugustAPC']Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk
Tomb Raider
Bishock Infinite
Pandora's Tower[/QUOTE]
+ Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm :)

[quote name='JCrichton']+ Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm :)[/QUOTE]
Bah, I'm not sure if I want to get all the achievements in that game again....school must come first. :(

[quote name='TommyLove']Great list of upcoming games on March.

As for Atelier, I'm pre ordering it once if I hear any news about some premium edition. Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory will have a steady price for a long time and Pandora's tower will be pretty steady for around $30-40, but who knows, it may end up to be "rare" like Xenoblade Chroniciles. Good news is that it's not a GameStop exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Tales of Xillia.

[quote name='JCrichton']+ Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm :)[/QUOTE]
I'm strictly Warcraft. Plus my computer sucks, can't run anything more than Warcraft III, lol.

[quote name='bshirk']Tales of Xillia.[/QUOTE]
Has a release date been announced for that?

[quote name='AugustAPC']I'm strictly Warcraft. Plus my computer sucks, can't run anything more than Warcraft III, lol.

Has a release date been announced for that?[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I swear I saw a pre-order for it on Newegg awhile ago for 3/26, but it looks like it was pulled. I remember reading that it would be released in March elsewhere, but perhaps it was delayed or it was just a guess.

Man, all of these games coming out in March (of which I'll be getting a fair amount of them), and then there's also Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate which will take the most time out of any of them from me since I love that series so much, I'll probably end up getting this at launch though either way.

[quote name='Blaster man']If no preorder bonus, art book, etc is there any reason not to wait for a price drop or sale?[/QUOTE]

Well, purchasing it at launch will encourage the release of more niche titles in the U.S., but I'm thinking about waiting on this one myself since I purchased Xenoblade and The Last Story at launch and didn't care as much Pandora.

[quote name='bshirk']Well, purchasing it at launch will encourage the release of more niche titles in the U.S., but I'm thinking about waiting on this one myself since I purchased Xenoblade and The Last Story at launch and didn't care as much Pandora.[/QUOTE]

Xenoblade at $50 was tough for me to stomach bit I got it anyway. Still waiting on TLS, figure the reprints will come down in price.

[quote name='Blaster man']Xenoblade at $50 was tough for me to stomach bit I got it anyway. Still waiting on TLS, figure the reprints will come down in price.[/QUOTE]

Man, Amazon had the Last Story for $8 really early one morning, but that sale (glitch?) was incredibly short. I wouldn't be surprised if it drops to $20 at some point again, though.

[quote name='bshirk']Man, Amazon had the Last Story for $8 really early one morning, but that sale (glitch?) was incredibly short. I wouldn't be surprised if it drops to $20 at some point again, though.[/QUOTE]

It happened a couple of times. I never managed to get in in those. In not upset though, I've certainly had my fair share of deals.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I'm strictly Warcraft.[/QUOTE]That's too bad. Terrific game.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Has a release date been announced for that?[/QUOTE]Nope. Unfortunately.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Looks like all my complaining about this not being released paid off, in for one, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Rofl

Tomb Raider
Bishock Infinite
Pandora's Tower

You can wait for the HD games to go down to $20 or at least wait for the complete versions with all DLC.

[quote name='JCrichton']That's too bad. Terrific game.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it is, it's just another game I can't afford to get so invested in. Warcraft is enough to fill my Blizzard RTS needs. Plus, I grew up with Warcraft. Started playing the first one when I was four years old. True story.

[quote name='Nintendonly']You can wait for the HD games to go down to $20 or at least wait for the complete versions with all DLC.[/QUOTE]

HD games going to $20? Complete versions? I'm assuming HD means Hyperdimension Neptunia. As I said, I do like to get the CEs for JRPGs... and those tend to not only hold their value for Neptunia, but actually increase quite substantially. Also, complete versions? I'm pretty sure they haven't released any updated versions for any of the Neptunia games.

[quote name='LD_Helix']fuck! Still haven't even started xenoblade or last story yet and now this is coming out.[/QUOTE]

Xenoblade is significantly better (and longer) than TLS or Pandora's Tower. Xenoblade is definitely the one to play.

[quote name='Blaster man']If no preorder bonus, art book, etc is there any reason not to wait for a price drop or sale?[/QUOTE]

Likely the last Wii game that is not license crap.

[quote name='AugustAPC']HD games going to $20? Complete versions? I'm assuming HD means Hyperdimension Neptunia. As I said, I do like to get the CEs for JRPGs... and those tend to not only hold their value for Neptunia, but actually increase quite substantially. Also, complete versions? I'm pretty sure they haven't released any updated versions for any of the Neptunia games.[/QUOTE]

Don't be an ass. I'm clearly talking about games like these-

la-noire-complete-covers_530x300.png

God-of-War-Saga.jpg

Which could be had for $20 ~6 months after their release.

[quote name='shivan128']Here's hoping that Pandora's tower gets the collector's box to house all 3 games like they did with the UK release.[/QUOTE]

Seeing how 2/3 of them are NOT by the same publisher, don't count on it happening.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Seeing how 2/3 of them are NOT by the same publisher, don't count on it happening.[/QUOTE]
Point taken. I may have to start my search for that now. =)

[quote name='Nintendonly']Don't be an ass. I'm clearly talking about games like these-

la-noire-complete-covers_530x300.png

God-of-War-Saga.jpg

Which could be had for $20 ~6 months after their release.[/QUOTE]

He didn't mention any games like that so settle down.

[quote name='shivan128']Point taken. I may have to start my search for that now. =)[/QUOTE]

I heard if you give these rainfall guys $10...

bread's done
Back