360 Wired Controller

jab1235

CAGiversary!
I need a new gamepad for my PC. I really like the official xbox 360 controllers, but they're so expensive and I really don't want to pay $40 for one right now. I've been using the Onza TE for a while but the left trigger just bit the dust , I liked it but I've only had it for a few months and it's already dead so I don't think I want another one.

Where's the cheapest place I could get one? Or do they go on sale often enough for me to wait it out? I'd prefer the official controller but I wouldn't mind using a tron or batman one if they work just as well.

Alternatively, I have a ps3 controller and I wouldn't mind using that but is there an easier way then using programs to bind the key's because it's such a huge pain and i'm to lazy to do it.

Assuming you already have a spare wireless 360 controller why not just buy the wireless receiver? They only cost around $10 on ebay and they work fine. That's what I use and love it. It even works on android devices if you have one that has usb ports.

If you don't want to go that route the Afterglow AX.1 wired 360 controller is a really good wired controller if you don't mind that its clear. Its $30 in stores but $25 on ebay.

[quote name='Sinfulfate']Assuming you already have a spare wireless 360 controller why not just buy the wireless receiver? They only cost around $10 on ebay and they work fine. That's what I use and love it. It even works on android devices if you have one that has usb ports.

If you don't want to go that route the Afterglow AX.1 wired 360 controller is a really good wired controller if you don't mind that its clear. Its $30 in stores but $25 on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Some PC games have issues with wireless 360 controllers. Getting a wired controller is the best option.

If you can hold off buying a controller now... Price of the wired xbox usually go down randomly. I recently bought one a couple of weeks ago at newegg for 31.99. Now its back to full price.

I’m using a rock candy controller I got for $20 to play Virtua Tennis 4 on the PC. I don’t know if it’s the PC version or the controller causing this issue, but often when I go to take a shot, no matter how many times I hit the button I just run right buy it. Making shots on the run was easy on 360: I would hold left and tap A until I was within range. Now I get screwed all the time and I can’t figure out why. I like the feel of the controller (and especially the look, it’s pink!), but I just have a feeling this is what’s screwing me up.

Long story short: I’d like to just get one of the wireless receivers to use with my existing Xbox controller. How do I know what’s an official product? Or does that even matter? If anyone has any recommendations or links to working items I’d really appreciate the help.

[quote name='litepink']I’m using a rock candy controller I got for $20 to play Virtua Tennis 4 on the PC. I don’t know if it’s the PC version or the controller causing this issue, but often when I go to take a shot, no matter how many times I hit the button I just run right buy it. Making shots on the run was easy on 360: I would hold left and tap A until I was within range. Now I get screwed all the time and I can’t figure out why. I like the feel of the controller (and especially the look, it’s pink!), but I just have a feeling this is what’s screwing me up.

Long story short: I’d like to just get one of the wireless receivers to use with my existing Xbox controller. How do I know what’s an official product? Or does that even matter? If anyone has any recommendations or links to working items I’d really appreciate the help.[/QUOTE] It doesn't matter if its official or not but I'd recommend the unofficial ones. Their cheaper and they are more reliable. The official ones had a problem where the surface mount fuse would burn out after a few months of use and they would stop working. I think Microsoft fixed this in the newer versions but they only sell the newer versions bundled with a controller. The only problem with the unofficial ones is that it wont just work after you plug it in and windows installs it. You need to go to device manager and manually choose which driver to use for the device. Its a simple process but it can be a pain if you don't know you have to do this beforehand.

Yea the only reason I decided against a receiver because it seemed like every one on Amazon was unoficial and all the top comments were people trouble shooting and going through a process on how to get it working.

I was looking at the Batarang controller, seemed like it was pretty decent. Any thoughts? It's a lot cheaper then the official one.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Some PC games have issues with wireless 360 controllers. Getting a wired controller is the best option.[/QUOTE]

I have had a wireless 360 controller for 3 years on my PC and never had an issue with a game working with it. I did have a few issues during the initial setup, but it's been flawless since then. I'd highly recommend it if you already have wireless 360 controllers around.

Mine was listed as official when i bought it but obviously wasn't when i received it and as i said, i've had no issues.

Afterglow controller v1 is the wired ones. i like it a lot and is $20 -$30 many places.

[quote name='mang9432']I have had a wireless 360 controller for 3 years on my PC and never had an issue with a game working with it. I did have a few issues during the initial setup, but it's been flawless since then. I'd highly recommend it if you already have wireless 360 controllers around.

Mine was listed as official when i bought it but obviously wasn't when i received it and as i said, i've had no issues.[/QUOTE]

As I said, some games have issues. If you want the easiest solution and most hassle-free way to do controller PC gaming, go wired.

[quote name='caca13']Afterglow controller v1 is the wired ones. i like it a lot and is $20 -$30 many places.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has an official wired 360 controller for $32.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbo...358824898&sr=8-5&keywords=xbox+360+controller

Current @gamer magazine has a coupon for $10 off a controller at Best Buy, and there is a $10 off rewardszone offer that can be claimed on the rewardszone website. I'm assuming you weren't just looking for a wired one. I had no trouble using a knock off wireless receiver on my computer. The driver doesn't install automatically, but a Google search will quickly give you a driver that works and installs without a problem.

Also I saw an open box XBox controller for windows, the one that comes with the reciever at Best Buy tonight, and there's a coupon for 10% off open box items on the front page of bestbuy.com. Might be worth a look. The stock checker for open box items can be pretty inaccurate, so it's worth a visit to your local store to see for yourself. Make sure you ask an associate, as open box stuff could be anywhere. Hope this helps.

i bought an airflow ps3 controller at best buy back when it was on sale for 10 bucks and plays perfectly on the pc.

Razer does have a warranty service though. When I first bought a Copperhead back in the early 2000s, the left button would either be unresponsive, or would register several clicks. I sent it back to Razer, and they sent me a new one. I still have the one they sent me, and it's still working.

tl;dr: RMA your Onza TE.

Just head to your local B&M Store and grab whatever offbrand wireless they have? Download the driver from MS's site when you get home and good to go?

A buddy's kid donated his old wired one to me since he decided to buy an official MS one. It's working fine for Dark Souls, Dirt 3, Street Fighter etc that I've played on the PC. (Oh yeah and tried it on Tera also kind of odd to get used to but a neat change.)

bread's done
Back