- - - - -

Retail-to-Digital Save Compatibility List for Retail Games on PSN

#31 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

Alice Madness Returns works, but Lego Harry Potter 5-7 and Pirates of the Caribbean do not.

#32 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67214 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

MotorStorm Apocalypse surprisingly sort of works with the retail save. The EU version only recognized my trophies, but the US version recognized my MP rank, medal challenges, icons, and perks while not recognizing single-player progress and parts challenges. So it's an oddity, but the MP rank is the thing that's most important to me because the last few trophies that I have are for ranking up and punching a dude off of a bike or ATV.

Prince of Persia also works.

#33 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:12 AM

Red Dead Redemption works, though I only loaded it up, and didn't actually play it at all. The loading times are still atrocious:bomb:

#34 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

Mass Effect 2 works, so I'm guessing ME3 would as well. I didn't have enough space to download them both though, and I think I should give my PS3 a rest after running for more than 24 hours.

#35 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67214 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

I can confirm that Saints Row: The Third and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune works with retail saves. Sorcery does not work with retail saves.

I thought I had confirmed that Sports Champions didn't, but I noticed after it expired that my retail save wasn't actually on my PS3 at the time. Oops.

#36 Veridis_Quo   VAIR-RID-DIS CAGiversary!   2425 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:14 AM

anyone know if sleeping dogs retail works with the digital counterpart?

Edit: I can confirm that Sleeping dogs retail works with the digital version. I just checked this morning after downloading the game from PS+ :bouncy:

Edited by Interstella 5555, 09 May 2013 - 12:35 AM.

#37 PenguinMaster   Sacrilicious CAGiversary!   3841 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

PenguinMaster

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

Deus Ex: Human Revolution works.

#38 ProfessorStotch   Whatever happened, happened CAGiversary!   13639 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

Anyone know if PSABR digital will recognize disc save?

#39 ritchardf  

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

i can confirm retail game saves work on the digital version of xcom: enemy unknown. also i played the first hour of mass effect 3 on a trial, then started back up in the same spot when i purchased the retail game, so its good to go as well.

#40 io   ... Super Moderators   24648 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

Alice Madness Returns works, but Lego Harry Potter 5-7 and Pirates of the Caribbean do not.

Crap, why do they do this with the Lego games?  I was going to trade in PotC and pick up the PSN copy but now I may just forget it.  I wonder if it is the same with Lego Batman 2?

#41 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67214 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

https://store.sonyen...EGOBATMAN2TRIAL

There's a Full Game Trial for it, so you can test it out for yourself to see if your retail save works with it.

#42 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30538 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:35 AM

Yay, I can finally contribute (I think).

I owned the retail version of the Ratchet & Clank collection, and played about 90 minutes of the first game.  Traded it in and bought the digital version, and the save file worked fine on the digital version.

So I can't speak for the sequels, but the original games save files are compatible.

#43 LibertyGeis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

LibertyGeis

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

Not sure why Demon's Souls is marked with the red asterisk denoting incompatibility. I own disk and downloaded copies of both the European (Namco Bandai) and American (Atlus) releases, and both digital games had no problem loading up my old physical copies' save files. (I can't check the Japanese version -- I own the disk but not the download.)

EDIT for clarity's sake: EU and USA copies have separate servers, save files, and trophy lists, but each separate version can freely share a save file between disk and digital.

Edited by LibertyGeis, 13 July 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#44 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15393 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:25 AM

The Lego Batman 2 retail save file is not compatible with the digital copy. Really disappointing since I was so close to unlocking the last character on my hard copy save.

#45 ritchardf  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

bioshock infinite good to go, continued my game from my hour trial with my $20 best buy retail version.

#46 Hartia   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:18 AM

Carnival Island is not compatible, even though your list says it is. I sold my retail copy and just bought the digital, and had to restart all over. Trophies stay the same but yeah...im just kinda pissed sony didnt think this over...

#47 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67214 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

Carnival Island is not compatible, even though your list says it is. I sold my retail copy and just bought the digital, and had to restart all over. Trophies stay the same but yeah...im just kinda pissed sony didnt think this over...

The list doesn't say anything about Carnival Island being compatible or not, but thanks for confirming that it's not.

#48 Reno Takamiya   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Reno Takamiya

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

Decided to do a Full Game trial of GTA IV does this mean it doesn't work with the physical copy though? 

I know that the green asterisk says what works and what doesn't but it's on the list but only in gray has anyone tried it? I also know that PSN has GTA 4 and Liberty City Stories separate for trials however if I purchased the collection would it work? 

#49 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67214 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

I may not understand your questions completely, so I'll see if I can answer them.

If you have the GTA IV full game trial, you should be able to instantly tell if it works with your retail save based on whether it starts from the beginning or not. Nobody has posted yet as to whether they're compatible or not.

Episodes From Liberty City is a standalone game that lets you just play the two pieces of DLC with none of the content from GTAIV, so I don't believe it's compatible with GTA IV saves in any way. If you grab the Ultimate Edition, you just gets the add-ons for GTAIV along with the main game, so the save compatibility should work the same as GTA IV.

#50 Reno Takamiya   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Reno Takamiya

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

I may not understand your questions completely, so I'll see if I can answer them.

If you have the GTA IV full game trial, you should be able to instantly tell if it works with your retail save based on whether it starts from the beginning or not. Nobody has posted yet as to whether they're compatible or not.

Episodes From Liberty City is a standalone game that lets you just play the two pieces of DLC with none of the content from GTAIV, so I don't believe it's compatible with GTA IV saves in any way. If you grab the Ultimate Edition, you just gets the add-ons for GTAIV along with the main game, so the save compatibility should work the same as GTA IV.

I haven't purchased GTA 4 yet I got the trial because it's free. I was just wondering if the save is multi-purpose. 

#51 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67214 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

I'm pretty sure that the GTA IV save doesn't work with Episodes From Liberty City and vice versa. The Ultimate Edition should work just fine with GTA IV saves since you get the same base GTA IV game.

#52 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30538 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

This reddit thread says that Far Cry 3 retail and digital saves are not compatible.

http://www.reddit.co...ot_transfer_to/

#53 Reno Takamiya   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Reno Takamiya

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

I'm pretty sure that the GTA IV save doesn't work with Episodes From Liberty City and vice versa. The Ultimate Edition should work just fine with GTA IV saves since you get the same base GTA IV game.

Oh I'm sure the GTA IV save doesn't work with Liberty City. I was asking if I purchased the collection would a save for GTA IV work for GTA IV and the same idea with Gay Tony and Lost and the Damned. 

#54 Reno Takamiya   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Reno Takamiya

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

GTA 4 Regular Edition works with the Full Game Trial save I had kept. 

#55 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67214 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

I can confirm that Remember Me works with the retail save.

#56 ProfessorStotch   Whatever happened, happened CAGiversary!   13639 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

Mugen Souls and God of War Ascension share the same IDs between retail and digital, so they should be compatible.

#57 Nyxaz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   335 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

No info on ICO or SotC?  Now that those are both free on PS+, thinking about selling the disc.

#58 filmthedead   Worse Than Furries CAGiversary!   880 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

filmthedead

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:30 AM

No info on ICO or SotC?  Now that those are both free on PS+, thinking about selling the disc.

If they have demos, you could try seeing if the demo used your current save file. That's how I tested it with God of War and God of War 2.

#59 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

the 'infamous' saves was not compatible in 2011... i played the disc version and got the digital version as free game when the psn was down for months... they changed this now and when?...

#60 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67214 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

I can confirm that Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch works with retail saves.