$5 Night Court Season 1 DVD set @ Walmart(B&M, 1-3 $10 ea @ BestBuy

It's a good deal, but I want to make sure that people are aware of this before they buy any seasons of Night Court (as it's still a source of irritation for me). They only released Seasons 1-3 at retail.

If you want seasons 4-8 you'll have to buy them manufactured on demand from the WB Shop for $30-$35 per season. None of the normal restoration work that would go into a dvd release was done either. They basically took whatever masters they had for each episode and plopped them on a disc.

Edit: It looks like they put up Seasons 4-7 on Amazon, so you no longer need to buy them directly from the shop. Still though, you're going to be buying DVD-Rs for $30+ no matter where you get them from.

WOW I use to watch this show on reruns .......but if the PQ is that bad I am going to skip it. My favorite episodes is when they did the marathon speed cases when Dan was doing it by the pound :p

[quote name='bigt7117']Great price wish the other 2 seasons were that cheap.[/QUOTE]OP updated first 3 seasons are $10 ea @ BestBuy so via pm one could have all 3 for $25.

[quote name='ITDEFX']WOW I use to watch this show on reruns .......but if the PQ is that bad I am going to skip it. My favorite episodes is when they did the marathon speed cases when Dan was doing it by the pound :p[/QUOTE]
I may not have been clear; Seasons 1-3 are fine. I bought them when they first came out and they are worth the money. Once they got started though, they must have found that it wasn't profitable enough and they switched to manufactured on Demand for the remaining seasons. If you liked the show, you should absolutely buy seasons 1-3, I just wanted to make sure knew what they were getting into if they were completionists.

One other word of warning, I would highly reccommend not buying Season 4 from a secondary source (either buy it direct from Amazon or WB Shop). The first run that they did of season 4 had huge audio issues (as in the audio didn't match the video). They've fixed it since then, but I wouldn't take the chance buying it secondhand.

Finally, here's an amusing side story. The first season on DVD was released in 2005. I bought it when it first came out, and it had a pamphlet that said "Purchase 3 WB TV Seasons (from the select list of titles) and send in for a rebate of $20(?)" Three of the titles listed included Night Court Seasons 1,2, and 3. The promo lasted for two years, which was why it had future releases listed on it.

Season two came out in 2009.

Murphy Brown was a huge hit, started bitching by Republican assholes in the 80s and still only got one season release. Be happy the whole show has been released at all.

[quote name='DNukem170']I think I have seen this and 3rd Rock From The Sun for $5 at Target a lot.[/QUOTE]

#rd Rock has been released, the sets only retail for $10, and are on sale almost all the time for $5 for season 1-4 and $7.50 for seasons 6 and 7, which just were reelease.

I think I am going to have to pick this up. When I was younger, I really enjoyed watching Night Court, Wings and Northern Exposure

[quote name='bigdaddy']Murphy Brown was a huge hit, started bitching by Republican assholes in the 80s and still only got one season release. Be happy the whole show has been released at all.[/QUOTE]
Or WKRP. I hate that the music industry has basically destroyed any chance that this show had of getting a proper release.

Season 4 - 7 retail are around $30, and so is the MOD season 8 and assume final season 9 will be eventually as well MOD. If you like the earlier season they are a good deal, but I don't see those later seasons going down in price due to limited release

bread's done
Back