Spec Ops: The Line $14.99 Free Shipping @ Gamefly

Could be a new set of deals, I'm seeing Max Payne 3 and Ghost Recon Future Soldier at $14.99 with free shipping as well.

EDIT - Amazing Spiderman is $17.99 as well.

[quote name='tylerh1701']They have Max Payne 3 for $15 again too. Getting closer to that magic $10 price point.[/QUOTE]

Just beat it, loved it. Grabbed it and KOA Reckoning for about $11 a piece during their $12 off thing through the holidays.

[quote name='benjamouth']Could be a new set of deals, I'm seeing Max Payne 3 and Ghost Recon Future Soldier at $14.99 with free shipping as well.

EDIT - Amazing Spiderman is $17.99 as well.[/QUOTE]

Noticed these yesterday. Spec Ops just popped up today. IIRC, Amazing Spiderman and Ghost Recon have been that price with free shipping for at least 3 weeks now.

[quote name='roedaniel19']
Noticed these yesterday. Spec Ops just popped up today. IIRC, Amazing Spiderman and Ghost Recon have been that price with free shipping for at least 3 weeks now.[/QUOTE]

Ahh ok, disregard then.

I'm going to wait for $10 on MP3 as well.

[quote name='benjamouth']Ahh ok, disregard then.

I'm going to wait for $10 on MP3 as well.[/QUOTE]

Still, no harm in a little reminder for everyone to see.

[quote name='narec']thanks op, been waiting for this to drop again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, tempted to break my strict, self-imposed under $15 dollars total rule here.

[quote name='mossfan563']I have a $5 off coupon for Gamefly so is Spec Ops: The Line worth getting at $10?[/QUOTE]
It's a great 6-7 hours of single player content. All achievements can be gotten in 2 playthroughs (there are no multiplayer achievements), though the game can be a challenge at times even on normal so I wouldn't start at suicide (hard) unless you are really good at cover shooters. I'm not sure how active the multiplayer is on consoles but it is dead on PCs. Gunplay is functional and competent, but nothing too exceptional. The primary draw is the story, atmosphere, and setting.

If you like a game which spins a good yarn without an over-reliance on cutscenes, then this game is right up your alley. If gameplay for you is king and story is just the annoying breaks in action to loosely tie the shooting together, or you prefer multiplayer, then the game probably isn't for you.

[quote name='guardian_owl']It's a great 6-7 hours of single player content (minimum of 2 playthroughs to get all achievements, there are no multiplayer achievements), I'm not sure how active the multiplayer is on consoles but it is dead on PCs. Gunplay is functional and competent, but nothing too exceptional. The primary draw is the story, atmosphere, and setting.

If you like a game which spins a good yarn without an over-reliance on cutscenes, then this game is right up your alley. If gameplay for you is king and story is just the annoying breaks in action to loosely tie the shooting together, or you prefer multiplayer, then the game probably isn't for you.[/QUOTE]
i read somewhere on forums that multiplayer for the game is pretty much dead on the console as well

I also read the multiplayer was tacked on and developed by another company, much to the dismay of the devs of the single player portion.

[quote name='roedaniel19']I also read the multiplayer was tacked on and developed by another company, much to the dismay of the devs of the single player portion.[/QUOTE]
That's about the gist of it, the other developer repurposed sections of the single player campaign to create maps for multiplayer. There are 4 2-player coop maps (there is no campaign coop option) which you can launch and play by yourself if no one is playing online, but it's kinda difficult as you lack an NPC teammates to draw fire from the enemies. There is also competitive multiplayer which I imagine no one will be playing.

[quote name='mossfan563']I have a $5 off coupon for Gamefly so is Spec Ops: The Line worth getting at $10?[/QUOTE]
Hell yes. It wasn't too easy of a platinum, but it's so much fun that you will want to try. I think I played it 3 times already and loved every second. I got this, Max Payne and Ghost Recon each for $15 and all were worth that price in my opinion.

How are the used games from GameFly? Do they come complete with the box and manuals, and what condition are they in (like new, very good, etc.)?

[quote name='minimidgy']How are the used games from GameFly? Do they come complete with the box and manuals, and what condition are they in (like new, very good, etc.)?[/QUOTE]

Obviously ps3 games are going to be in better shape. Xbox games are resurfaced and generally come in pretty good condition. Usually there are small chips around the edge of the disk, I've never run into any problems with any games I've purchased though gf. Boxes are stored away while the game is being rented out do they're brand new and will include any extras (dlc/online pass)

Last edited by a moderator:
I should tell everyone to be cautious when ordering the PS3 version. I ordered it about 3 weeks ago when it was 14.99 with free shipping, received a copy with dings in the edge of the disc. Gamefly claimed it happened once in awhile. Returned, reordered and received another one which was scratched all to hell. Returned and reordered again, because gamefly can't do 1 for 1 exchanges and I swear I got the first disc back because this one had dings in the edges as well. This was through two separate postal offices, one near my folks and one back near my apartment down state, I can't really chalk this up to damage during shipment.

The game came complete with manual and case though.

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']I should tell everyone to be cautious when ordering the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Echoing what Daz wrote and having ordered at least a couple dozen of PS3 and 360 games from Gamefly over the course of a few years, I'd say your experience with the PS3 version is an exception and not the norm.

Gamefly's lack of an exchange program is a downer but at least their returns are straightforward.

Made Yahtzee's #1 spot on his GOTY list, so picked one up.

Had the same experience with receiving dinged up PS3 games from Gamefly. Figured it was a small price to pay for cheap games. Though at a lost in money, I could always flip the game on Amazon trade-in once I finish it.

Just throwing my 2 cents in, I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Don't expect much from the MP like previously stated. The music that would play through some of the levels gave me some fond memories. I didn't even attempt to beat it on FUBAR. It was tough running through Hard on my first play-through.

[quote name='Newl']how does netflix ship discs without chipping edges but gamefly can't?[/QUOTE]

There was actually just a lawsuit about it. Netflix and USPS had an arrangement to hand sort their discs, and Gamefly did not get the same treatment. Gamefly said this damaged a lot of their discs and cost them a lot of money.

Here's a little more about it:
http://stock.ly/content/display/9497

And here's result: (Court found in favor of Gamefly)
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/11/court-rules-against-netflix-in-gamefly-postal-dispute/

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']Just throwing my 2 cents in, I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Don't expect much from the MP like previously stated. The music that would play through some of the levels gave me some fond memories. I didn't even attempt to beat it on FUBAR. It was tough running through Hard on my first play-through.[/QUOTE]
Ya, I am playing through FUBAR right now, I am dreading the
helicopter run part in the museum
as that just seems like blind luck whether or not you make it through that section, even on normal. The key to FUBAR is to do stealth whenever you can for as long as you can, look for sand traps (I found a lot more on my suicide playthrough than my normal playthrough out of necessity), and use the squad attack command both to take out soft targets and to distract hard targets (like fixed machine gunners) so that you can get an angle on them to hit them behind their shield. I hardly made use of any of that stuff on my normal playthrough.

[quote name='minimidgy']How are the used games from GameFly? Do they come complete with the box and manuals, and what condition are they in (like new, very good, etc.)?[/QUOTE]

it comes with everything. the condition of the actual disk (ps3) can very. its like new to very good. i have had some disk with dings at the edges but they played fine. i cant complain too much if they work and remember, these games are used by quite a few people. if you want a perfect copy then buy new.

I've heard this had a good single-player campaign and a different type of story from most military shooters. $10 and I'll grab it.

OOS right now, a lot of you must have jumped on this. Pretty sure, they'll restock this soon, but I'll wait for lower.

bread's done
Back