FS: Trade 1 for $40 gift card

EvilMario

CAGiversary!
Via RFD and GAF Canadian Gaming Deals thread..

Trade 1 game and receive a $40 gift card. This had been trade two for $60. So depending on the list, which will be updated on Friday, it could be the best we've seen.

Also of note:
3DS XL $159.99
PlayStation 3 160GB $179.99
And various game deals.

FS Trade In List: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/category/used-games/27603.aspx

ibeHIjANIgY8t8.jpg

This is the French version of this Friday's flyer. The text next to the Hitman HD Collection says that trading in one game will give you a $40 gift card.

[quote name='adayinthelife']Is this Quebec only, or something happening next week? I just did 2 for 60 today and saw no mention of it.[/QUOTE]

It will be Canada wide, but this is a Quebec flyer as they get them a bit earlier sometimes. Trade 2 for $60 is still active until Friday, when this kicks in.

[quote name='Opopanax']I hope Best Buy does it too,[/QUOTE]

Why? What does Best Buy offer that Futureshop doesnt?

If it's the same list, I'll get rid of RE6 (which I didn't like) and use the credit to buy Madden '13 or (if they happen to have it) Tales Of Graces F.

I hope they don't realize people could technically buy Batman Arkham City GOTY for $30, remove the wrap, and trade it in for a $40 gift card.

[quote name='rana09']Why? What does Best Buy offer that Futureshop doesnt?[/QUOTE]

They have a way better trade list at Best Buy right now.

[quote name='lustyhitter']If it's the same list, I'll get rid of RE6 (which I didn't like) and use the credit to buy Madden '13 or (if they happen to have it) Tales Of Graces F.[/QUOTE]

If you go for Tales of Graces F make sure you PM EB Games.

That trade list is currently for the T2 for $60 deal.

The list will MOST LIKELY be update when the $40 deal goes live tomorrow.

Hmm, I hope that list stays legit actually, I just picked up a copy of Tiger Woods '13 from a clearout bin at Shopper's for $9.99 yesterday. Would be pretty nice to flip that for $40.

[quote name='rana09']Why? What does Best Buy offer that Futureshop doesnt?[/QUOTE]

Reward points. I already have enough for a $5 gift card, plus if I use that and this $40 towards a preorder I get another $10 card

Be aware that people have noticed fine print in the flyer stating "Valid on PlayStation 3, Wii, XBOX 360, PS Vita and 3DS games. See futureshop.ca/usedgames for full details and list of eligible trade titles. Games must include boxes. No duplicate titles accepted, regardless of console. Some titles may be excluded. No dealers please. See in-store for details. Credit from trade-ins is applied to free game."

This could mean you have to apply the credit to something and you're not receiving an actual gift card? Not sure. Let us know if anyone does tradeins today, what the outcome is!

Sounds like the fine print that would be on that page if it was saying that it's a trade 1 specifically for Hitman. Could just be the wrong text in one spot.

I noticed that if you head to that link, there's nothing about trade 1 get 40, and they still only have the lists for the trade 2 get 60 deal.

Someone on RFD is reporting it is for Hitman only.

Someone on GAF this morning had a Futureshop give them the trade 2 for $60 promo from last week (even did it twice for them).

Looks like this is Hitman only, but YMMV, I guess.

I have hit refresh 10 times in 3 different browsers and I still see the $60 for 2 games. Can anyone confirm to me if RE6 for 360 and NSMB2 for 3DS are on the new list?

EDIT: Never mind, after wiping my cookies and then refreshing the page I see the new list.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']here's the Link

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/cate...spx?path=cb8953c32d74b1f39e3f640a2828c302en01

( at first it was showing up 2 for $60 like it was before ) and after Refreshing a few times it fixed itself

i have Dishonored and I think the game is Mediocre at best. getting $40 for it after paying $34.50 at Boxing Week this is pretty good i'm getting my money back and then some ! :applause:[/QUOTE]

I thought it was the best game of 2012 but I digress.

Ontopic: Just traded NFS Most Wanted for a gift card. Not too shabby considering I paid $30+tax for it.

[quote name='Derfel']If you go for Tales of Graces F make sure you PM EB Games.[/QUOTE]

Turned out no Future Shop near me had Madden and none had ToGF. I heard Madden will drop to $20 by March so I decided to hold off. Instead, I sold RE6 on Kijiji for $20 and used the money to pay for ToGF at EB.

This deal is the talk of the "other site".

[quote name='CoachHines']I thought it was the best game of 2012 but I digress.

Ontopic: Just traded NFS Most Wanted for a gift card. Not too shabby considering I paid $30+tax for it.[/QUOTE]

I really wanted too like it .. really i did. but i'm like over half done the game and i'm thinking it's mediocre cause i don't don't like it and or like it at all. so i think it would be best to trade it in .. this is the first game ever i'm trading in.

Was planning on trading 2 but only got one trade out of this. The guy said they had to restrict it because of issues.

Anyway, I wasn't expecting this deal, so i'm happy with my trade!

[quote name='saad77']Was planning on trading 2 but only got one trade out of this. The guy said they had to restrict it because of issues.

Anyway, I wasn't expecting this deal, so i'm happy with my trade![/QUOTE]

You could try a different Futureshop or going back on a different day. I just traded in Tekken Tag 2 today with the exact same CSR as yesterday. Funnily enough he didn't ask me for any of my personal info and just handed me a gift card both times, unlike the other employees who want personal info everytime I do a trade.

[quote name='CoachHines']You could try a different Futureshop or going back on a different day. I just traded in Tekken Tag 2 today with the exact same CSR as yesterday. Funnily enough he didn't ask me for any of my personal info and just handed me a gift card both times, unlike the other employees who want personal info everytime I do a trade.[/QUOTE]

I had same experience last week with the trade 2 deal, they didn't ask me ANYTHING. I was certain the last few times I had to at least give a phone number or something...

traded game of thrones (that i got from amazon for 19.99 with the art book bundle). mini guide was not required (ymmv though), and i kept the art book :D

Usually they ask for a phone number at my two local Futureshops, but never ID.

I'm glad to hear most people are having success with this.

Tanks I traded in COD MW3 yesterday. No problem but it was fun listening to the 2nd CSR criticize through out the transaction how ridicules this deal was ;) In the end she said "At least the customer is happy"

To those who were shut down trying to trade more than one game: do you know if you're able to go back a different day and trade successfully, or is it tied to your phone number?

I traded in 4 games with the same CSR. I was told that it depended on the manager's discretion. If you were a regular customer spending enough money at the store, they'd be more likely to overlook the limit of 1 game.

Of course, this is all completely unofficial and I'm sure certain CSRs and managers could get some flak for allowing customers to abuse the promotion (so I won't name any names or store locations).

I got lucky. Paid $115 for 4 games back in December and traded them in for $160 of FS credit.

I trded my Dishonored finally today. but i was asked for my phone number and then i gave it too them and they said James.... ok and i was like .. um.. ok ?

but i got my $40 Card. :D

[quote name='JamesSoprano']I trded my Dishonored finally today. but i was asked for my phone number and then i gave it too them and they said James.... ok and i was like .. um.. ok ?

but i got my $40 Card. :D[/QUOTE]

You most likely did a trade there before. I went with a friend to trade in Zone of the Enders Collection LE and they asked for my phone number. When my friend gave his phone number they also asked for his name since he wasn't in the system already.

[quote name='CoachHines']You most likely did a trade there before. I went with a friend to trade in Zone of the Enders Collection LE and they asked for my phone number. When my friend gave his phone number they also asked for his name since he wasn't in the system already.[/QUOTE]

maybe i have .. but can't remember. but maybe they asked it from me when i bought a Computer Monitor from there.

Thanks again to the OP, I just traded Sleeping Dogs for $40. I bought it from Futureshop for $20, completed it and got 1000/1000 achievement points, then they refunded my money and paid me $20 to play it. What a deal!

This deal has been changed to Trade 2 for $60 this week. It's basically the same list, but worth less slightly now because it requires two titles.

very interesting deal. Anyone know of any less than 30$ buys at other stores that qualify? From scanning ebgames website looks like Port Royale 3 and Major League baseball 2k13 are 24.99...

[quote name='Hovercraft']very interesting deal. Anyone know of any less than 30$ buys at other stores that qualify? From scanning ebgames website looks like Port Royale 3 and Major League baseball 2k13 are 24.99...[/QUOTE]

Sounds like too much work for $10 (actually less after tax on your purchase and not getting it back on your gift card - you'd only get about $7.50). I'd say save your time.

[quote name='Stanger31']Sounds like too much work for $10 (actually less after tax on your purchase and not getting it back on your gift card - you'd only get about $7.50). I'd say save your time.[/QUOTE]

Well I already have 1 qualifying game, just trying to find a 2nd one as cheap as possible

[quote name='Hyperglide']Anyone know what the trade in value for Max Payne 3 is? This game sucks and I want to trade it in.[/QUOTE]

tivs.ca

[quote name='Hyperglide']Anyone know what the trade in value for Max Payne 3 is? This game sucks and I want to trade it in.[/QUOTE]

Max Payne 3 sucks? LoL go pick up Rayman Origin

bread's done
Back