Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Ed. PS3 $21

It'd be a good price if the game wasn't broken on PS3. I was really enjoying it until I arrived at New Vegas/Freeside, at which point the game locked up and I was getting less than 1 FPS for framerate, rendering the game unplayable. Tried all the fixes, which didn't help much if at all.

[quote name='Vap']Does the 360 version have as many problems as the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

You should expect a good amount of bugs/glitches per usual for a Bethesda/Obsidian game, and also I think it has some freezing issues as well. But it doesn't have any of the gamebreaking framerate problems that are prevalent on the PS3 version.

The UE 360 version freezes for me occasionally during a loading screen. I always save before a loading screen, but I'm OCD about saving in Fallout anyway. There's some framerate drops here and there, but nothing terrible.

I'd just stick with the Steam version which tends to go on sale quite often. Plus all the mods to make it better than the 360/ps3 version!

Bethesda/Obsidian

should get a quality check on their games before releasing, but the media critics even give them free pass. I mean how skyrim was a GOTY contender with all the issues was beyond me

any games made by either i am always waiting for release than hear from actual gamers because media has decided to give them free pass

[quote name='HeightsBound']Sooooo BB PM would work with this correct?[/QUOTE]

yes but not amazon

According to the price match guarantee policy on their website, Best Buy is still price matching select online retailers (including amazon.com & walmart.com) until Jan. 31

[quote name='bruceg']According to the price match guarantee policy on their website, Best Buy is still price matching select online retailers (including amazon.com & walmart.com) until Jan. 31[/QUOTE]

Thank you, hopefully I can get this matched Thursday after work. So after Jan 31 BB will no longer price match online?

I have the PS3 version i bought at black friday. Mine only freezes once ever 4 or 5 hours. Just have to save, quit game, restart game, and it's fine for another few hours.

[quote name='HeightsBound']Thank you, hopefully I can get this matched Thursday after work. So after Jan 31 BB will no longer price match online?[/QUOTE]

You can see the full policy here (online price matching for select retailers is at the bottom)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment-...at204400050011

It was intended just for the holiday season, but who knows whether they will decide to extend it at some point. Target made their online price match policy permanent for select retailers.

"I was wondering why Amazon had this price for the ps3 version for some time, but not the 360."

Economics.

The 360 Version still sells in a quantity sufficient enough to keep the price where it is. The PS3 version did not sell enough at a higher price point so the price was lowered.

Patience will be rewarded. At some point, the 360 price will fall. It would have been nice to catch the Microsoft 10 price. Alas, I missed it.

[quote name='showtimefolks']Bethesda/Obsidian

should get a quality check on their games before releasing, but the media critics even give them free pass. I mean how skyrim was a GOTY contender with all the issues was beyond me

any games made by either i am always waiting for release than hear from actual gamers because media has decided to give them free pass[/QUOTE]

I don't totally agree with your comment, but only because Bethesda and Obsidian aren't one in the same. I thought the Skyrim was relatively issue-free: the PS3's memory leak problem wasn't something that was likely to be found during Quality testing due to it being an issue that was only affecting a small percentage of users (didn't happen to me, for instance). On the whole, the games coming out of Bethesda specifically (eg. Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3) don't seem to have any game-breaking issues, which is quite a feat considering the scope and complexity of the software.

Ultimately, Fallout NV was the release that had the biggest issues (eg. mine would actually hard-lock whenever I started dialog with the roaming vendors), and it also happened to be the title created by Obsidian, not Bethesda.

bread's done
Back