Balloon Fight - Wii U Virtual Console - 30 Cents

It's worth noting that Nintendo will be offering a different $0.30 game every month through July.

• January: Balloon Fight
  • February: F-Zero
  • March: Punch-Out Featuring Mr. Dream
  • April: Kirby’s Adventure
  • May: Super Metroid
  • June: Yoshi
  • July: Donkey Kong
I'm ready!

Super Metroid for $0.30 is crazy good.

Probably a stupid question, but will the Wii Virtual Console also have those prices? Or only the Wii U Virtual Console?

Does this apply to the regular Wii and 3ds too. Dont have a Wii U but would definitely like to pick up some of those titles.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']So I have to buy $10 worth of credit for a $0.30 game? Son of a whore...[/QUOTE]
The Wii U eShop lets you pay the exact amount for whatever you buy, unlike the Wii Shop Channel.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']The Wii U eShop lets you pay the exact amount for whatever you buy, unlike the Wii Shop Channel.[/QUOTE]

Right, but the virtual console is in the Wii channel right? They don't have virtual console games int he Wii U shop yet.

I always liked Balloon Fight. Plays a lot like Joust, except with balloon fighting instead of jousting.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']The Wii U eShop lets you pay the exact amount for whatever you buy, unlike the Wii Shop Channel.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it lets you pay as little as 30 cents though. The Playstation Store lets you pay the exact amount as long as it costs $5 or more. At least that's how it used to work. Not sure if it is still the same. So, if you bought something for 30 cents, they would charge your card $5 and you'd have $4.70 in your Sony Store wallet.

I've 1-2 things on my Wii U, but they all cost over $5 for sure.

[quote name='Deader2818']Balloon Fight and these other games will be in the eshop.[/QUOTE]

Right. I am interpreting this as a promotion leading up to (and past) the launch of the full virtual console on the Wii U (sometime in the spring). With that in mind, I suspect the sale will only be on the eShop (which uses $$ instead of points).

Im not sure if the virtual console will be its own channel on the Wii U or just something done through the eshop. Would make sense to just have it through the eshop

[quote name='Hoffer']Are you sure it lets you pay as little as 30 cents though. The Playstation Store lets you pay the exact amount as long as it costs $5 or more. At least that's how it used to work. Not sure if it is still the same. So, if you bought something for 30 cents, they would charge your card $5 and you'd have $4.70 in your Sony Store wallet.

I've 1-2 things on my Wii U, but they all cost over $5 for sure.[/QUOTE]

I just looked at my credit card online.

01/23/2013
Pending NINTENDO DIGITAL
$0.30

[quote name='Deader2818']Im not sure if the virtual console will be its own channel on the Wii U or just something done through the eshop. Would make sense to just have it through the eshop[/QUOTE]

Balloon Fight is its own channel, like on Wii

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Do you keep these or do they expire after 30 days?[/QUOTE]

IGN says permanent and the eShop says nothing of expiration. The price goes up to $5.99 after 30 days.

I know what I'm downloading as soon as I get home...

This promotion is so awesome! I hope they keep doing this promotion after July. :bouncy:

...Similar promotions would be cool too. I don't expect to spend 30 cents for everything, but packages of old games would be pretty sweet!

[quote name='Jello1996']Badass! Ill buy any game they put up there for .30![/QUOTE]

Agreed. I am going to buy all of these even though I own most of them on my Wii. I recommend others do the same if you are interested in playing these on the gamepad and with Miiverse implemented. Nintendo said that when the new virtual console goes live you will be able to pay $1 or so to redownload games you bought onto the Wii U (and not have to go through the Wii emulator to play). I would prefer they didn't charge anything for the upgrade, but I will probably do this for all of my old VC games since I would prefer to play on the gamepad while my wife watches the terrible television she seems to enjoy.

as i understand from the nintendo direct video, they are trials, once 30 days passes, and if i understood iwata, you have to purchase the game for ''regiuraa purice'' or discounted price if you had it before the trial, i might be mistaken as iwata's english pronuntiation is not that good and I'm not an english native speaker so is kinda difficult for me.

anyway I'm sure he addressed that point in the video if someone wants to be sure.

For $.30 I can ignore the fact that the Nintendo Network account system is completely worthless in regards to your store purchases. I'll grab this when I get home, thanks OP!

[quote name='mpaullin']Agreed. I am going to buy all of these even though I own most of them on my Wii. I recommend others do the same if you are interested in playing these on the gamepad and with Miiverse implemented. Nintendo said that when the new virtual console goes live you will be able to pay $1 or so to redownload games you bought onto the Wii U (and not have to go through the Wii emulator to play). I would prefer they didn't charge anything for the upgrade, but I will probably do this for all of my old VC games since I would prefer to play on the gamepad while my wife watches the terrible television she seems to enjoy.[/QUOTE]
Exactly

It's 30 cents down, a dollar/dollar fifty more to pay to have them available on the Wii U

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Exactly

It's 30 cents down, a dollar more to pay to have them available on the Wii U[/QUOTE]

You got your facts mixed here:

Exisitng games on Wii's Virtual Console: $1.00-$2.00 to upgrade

Balloon Fight on the Wii U Virtual Console - 30 cents

[quote name='litepink']You got your facts mixed here:

Balloon Fight on the Wii U Virtual Console - 30 cents[/QUOTE]

Well I just watched the actual video (only read article from other sites before). It does look like this is actually a glorified rental. They didn't make it very clear, but I think you are expected to pay once 30 days is up.

[quote name='kamiyan89']as i understand from the nintendo direct video, they are trials, once 30 days passes, and if i understood iwata, you have to purchase the game for ''regiuraa purice'' or discounted price if you had it before the trial, i might be mistaken as iwata's english pronuntiation is not that good and I'm not an english native speaker so is kinda difficult for me.

anyway I'm sure he addressed that point in the video if someone wants to be sure.[/QUOTE]

I thought that too but I rewatched it and he only said that the prices will revert after 30 days, nothing concrete about it being a 30 day license.

[quote name='KingofGames']Does anyone know if Wii points carry over to the Wii U? I have a 2000 point card that's sealed in a clamshell.[/QUOTE]Yes, but they're still restricted to the Wii's Shop Channel. They can't be used on the Wii U eShop.

& totally gonna get Super Metroid when that's on sale in May.

The price is valid for 30 days. The game is yours. I downloaded it from the shop and there was no disclaimer that it would expire.

Plus you can change the button assignments, cool.

To be clear, there will be a different game each month available for 30 cents/30 pence, and if you buy a game at that price it's like any other download, so it's yours permanently for that cost.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...es_wii_u_virtual_console_trial_campaign_today

Plus on the eShop it says
Only $0.30 for a limited time

[quote name='litepink']You got your facts mixed here:

Balloon Fight on the Wii U Virtual Console - 30 cents[/QUOTE]
Yes, got everything mashed into one

30 cent games are already set for the Wii U
Other games not there yet will cost between 1-3 dollars to upgrade depending on the system (initial reports) so far we're sure of the 1 dollar for NES and 1.50 for SNES

[quote name='kamiyan89']as i understand from the nintendo direct video, they are trials, once 30 days passes, and if i understood iwata, you have to purchase the game for ''regiuraa purice'' or discounted price if you had it before the trial, i might be mistaken as iwata's english pronuntiation is not that good and I'm not an english native speaker so is kinda difficult for me.

anyway I'm sure he addressed that point in the video if someone wants to be sure.[/QUOTE]

your racist mind got in the way of actually understanding the facts. :applause:

[quote name='sicsonic']Is it possible to buy these online and get a code, if I don't have a WiiU yet?[/QUOTE]

?

Good to know you get to keep them. The promotion says Trial, so it makes you think it will expire.

If it does, lots of people will want their 30 cents back ;)

Why the hell are over half the posts complaining about the licensing on a 30 cent game when Microsoft and Sony charge monthly fees just to go online, and WoW charged $15 per month for PvP? Come on, guys. I know we're cheap, but that's foolishness.

[quote name='sultangaming']your racist mind got in the way of actually understanding the facts. :applause:[/QUOTE]

and why I'm a racist now, because i say ''regiura purice''? i study japanese since i was 15 years old, i love that country more than you think and i joke with my japanese teacher about how they pronounce certain words in english, i'm not saying anything bad about him.

even in japan they joke about their english pronuntiation in certain animes and also how english speakers pronounce japanese.

sonuvabitch-300x168.jpg

for example Steins;gate

anyway thanks for calling me racist.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Super Metroid for $0.30 is crazy good.

Probably a stupid question, but will the Wii Virtual Console also have those prices? Or only the Wii U Virtual Console?[/QUOTE]

Same question here. Someone said not for 3ds but what about original Wii?

[quote name='Blade']Why the hell are over half the posts complaining about the licensing on a 30 cent game when Microsoft and Sony charge monthly fees just to go online, and WoW charged $15 per month for PvP? Come on, guys. I know we're cheap, but that's foolishness.[/QUOTE]

Agreed but Sony does not charge anything for online play.

It's WiiU only, guys. The promotion for the 30 year anniversary and also to show off the VC on the WiiU with added features like off screen play.

"Wii U owners who have purchased the game(s) during the promotional period will not need to purchase the game(s) again at the regular price."

Also someone a another forum I go to said that there was a 10 point post play survey for Club Nintendo.

The original Wii does not have Balloon Fight at 30 points. i checked. Either does the 3DS.

So since no one answered my question twice, I'm going to say Nintendo doesn't let you purchase games off the internet (ala Microsoft/360). I looked on their site but couldn't find anything.

Only way to get these is to have a WiiU, plain and simple.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']If it does, lots of people will want their 30 cents back ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm fine with a 25cent refund. It was at least worth a nickel;)

bread's done
Back