Register your Wii and receive a $5 Amazon Instant Video Credit

What about those that registered their Wii prior to today? Do we unregister it and reregister it to get the credit?

Edit:
[quote name='Amazon']Only first time registrations are eligible - customers who register a Wii that was previously registered are ineligible for this promotion.[/QUOTE]

Crap. :/

[quote name='Amazon']Only first time registrations are eligible - customers who register a Wii that was previously registered are ineligible for this promotion.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks, I registered the console no more than two days ago, but whatever. That $5 would only translate to a couple of Walking Dead S3 episodes anyways, which I can wait...

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Well that sucks, I registered the console no more than two days ago, but whatever. That $5 would only translate to a couple of Walking Dead S3 episodes anyways, which I can wait...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did mine last Tues or Wed b/c I wanted the 10 coins Club Nintendo usually gives for stuff like this. For those interested I do recall a link for 30 free days of Prime on the Wii app. I just finished a 30 day free trial last month so I didn't try it.

[quote name='dei']Does this work for more than one Wii?[/QUOTE]

highly doubt it. didn't work for multiple ps3's

[quote name='chimpmeister']People still play with their Wiis?[/QUOTE]

At least once or twice a day. Some days 3 times if my wife is gone.

[quote name='ishkabibbel2000']At least once or twice a day. Some days 3 times if my wife is gone.[/QUOTE]

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Instant video credit? So it can't be used for games?

Pls tell me, I don't feel like plugging in the Wii for nothing.

When did this come out?

And why the heck did it take them so long to develop this? The Wii is obviously at the end of its life cycle. I'm surprised they bothered. Sure there are millions of people with Wiis but how many are plugged in anymore and how many are really looking for Amazon Video for their Wiis?

This will probably get me to use my account more for those rare things Netflix doesn't have.

Tangent: Did YouTube ever fix their app for Wii? It hardly worked last time I checked.

[quote name='MrBubbles']Instant video credit? So it can't be used for games?

Pls tell me, I don't feel like plugging in the Wii for nothing.[/QUOTE]No only can be used on their video service.

Hmm...I don't really want to crawl behind my entertainment center to plug in my Wii. But I do want to see Shutter Island for free. Decisions...

I still do. Xenoblade Chronicles is LOOOONG.

Sweet, I'll download the Amazon Instant Video app to get the $5 credit. And I'll never use it, particularly because I have a Wii U. Kinda wondering why they even bothered, too -- though I guess there are still 95 million Wiis out there.

Well, not since the Wii U came out, since it plays all my Wii software.

[quote name='ishkabibbel2000']At least once or twice a day. Some days 3 times if my wife is gone.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's more fun playing with your wii than with your wife.

I used my Wii U to do this. Though I can't tell if I actually got the credit because I already had video credit and I don't remember how much I had.

Do people seriously unplug systems? I have all of them plug in to power via two surge protecters and a squid. As well as 3 cheap AV switchers from radioshack 4>2>TV. I have a NES SNES N64 GC Wii PS1 PS2 xbox xbx360 genesis all hooked up to my tv at once. All I have to do is turn the system on and flip a switch and Im ready to play across decades of gaming.

[quote name='Desousa93']Do people seriously unplug systems? I have all of them plug in to power via two surge protecters and a squid. As well as 3 cheap AV switchers from radioshack 4>2>TV. I have a NES SNES N64 GC Wii PS1 PS2 xbox xbx360 genesis all hooked up to my tv at once. All I have to do is turn the system on and flip a switch and Im ready to play across decades of gaming.[/QUOTE]

Well... I unplugged my Wii when I got my Wii U since it plays all my Wii games, but I did plug back in my GameCube with the GameBoy Player since Wii U doesn't support GCN games. ;) My living room has the Wii U, GCN, PS3 (which plays PS1 & PS2 via hardware) and 360.... the rest is either in my game room or arcade room ready to go. ;)

For anyone who is not sure if they got the credit, go to any movie on the Amazon instant video store, and at the bottom of the main instant video window (the black background rectangular window they have at the start of the page for every item), look next to the "Redeem Gift Gard/Promotion Code" clickable, and there's a "view balance" thing- click on that and you can see all your different digital balances at once.

[quote name='monash65']For anyone who is not sure if they got the credit, go to any movie on the Amazon instant video store, and at the bottom of the main instant video window (the black background rectangular window they have at the start of the page for every item), look next to the "Redeem Gift Gard/Promotion Code" clickable, and there's a "view balance" thing- click on that and you can see all your different digital balances at once.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='RainFall']Is there a Nintendo DS app for Amazon instant video?[/QUOTE]

3DS app. No, there's not. There was a rumor of a Youtube 3DS app coming out in the Spring. Maybe sometime after that (but possibly not ever)?

bread's done
Back