* * * * * 3 votes

The General eBay Rant Thread

#3751 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6671 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:02 PM

Sending Media Mail to Hawaii. Yes/No?

#3752 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:34 PM

Sending Media Mail to Hawaii. Yes/No?

Never tried it. I'm guessing it's not Media Mail approved?

#3753 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6671 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:48 PM

Never tried it. I'm guessing it's not Media Mail approved?

Approved, but lengthy. Can take eight or more weeks, which would mess with the seller metrics and could result in a refund from Ebay for an impatient seller.

#3754 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:04 PM

Approved, but lengthy. Can take eight or more weeks, which would mess with the seller metrics and could result in a refund from Ebay for an impatient seller.

Oh, then it shouldn't be a big deal. There's no way it will take that long. I've done eBay's International Shipping more times than I can count and it's always delivered within 3 weeks no matter where it's going. Russia, Austria, Brazil, Australia, etc.

#3755 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6699 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:19 PM

On your listing did you state you would be sending media mail? If not and I was the buyer I would be annoyed because that isn't what was advertised.

#3756 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6671 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:49 PM

On your listing did you state you would be sending media mail? If not and I was the buyer I would be annoyed because that isn't what was advertised.

Yes, Media Mail was advertised in two places.

#3757 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6699 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:52 PM

Yes, Media Mail was advertised in two places.

Are you the seller? If you clearly stated it will be shipped via Media Mail....then do that. You clearly stated that, so you are well within your right to save a few bucks.

#3758 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6671 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:21 PM

Are you the seller? If you clearly stated it will be shipped via Media Mail....then do that. You clearly stated that, so you are well within your right to save a few bucks.

$32 even. I was able to resolve the matter with the buyer. The horror stories about shipping media mail to Hawaii were crazy.

#3759 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:28 PM

Dude thinks I'm stupid. Have a sealed Falco World of Nintendo figure up and he offers $20. I tell him opened ones go for $50. He proceeds to tell me how these all go for $12 at retail and wouldnt be worth $50 unless it was made of gold. Told him to do some research and inform himself.

Dude still complaining, was the first person Ive ever blocked on Ebay.........how pathetic. Been selling since 2004. If he took like 5 minutes to look at recent sold listings he would see they sell in the $100 range because theyre out of print. I could totally see him buying the item and not paying for it or getting the item and then demanding a refund just to screw me over so I blocked him before any of that could happen. He can still send me messages though. He thinks everything on Ebay should be sold for "retail" price apparently. His username is xzavier_wolfe FYI.

#3760 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 29 June 2019 - 07:34 PM

Guy sends offer for my PS2, I accept, he pays. He asks a few questions about it and everything seems good. I mail it out. Guy sends a message wanting to cancel the transaction..........F YOU BUDDY ITS ALREADY BEEN SHIPPED AND THE POST OFFICE IS CLOSED UNTIL MONDAY! First he said his card was pending the transaction (derrr I received your payment so BS!) and now he just said they finally got their other PS2 to work. Shouldve expected about the same from a 1 feedback user right when I had a 0 feedback user not pay for the same PS2.

#3761 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 05 July 2019 - 02:03 AM

Cool, just got a Neutral feedback from a guy who said his PS1 bundle was never delivered..... despite the tracking number showing it was delivered 35 days ago.

#3762 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6699 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2019 - 03:47 AM

Cool, just got a Neutral feedback from a guy who said his PS1 bundle was never delivered..... despite the tracking number showing it was delivered 35 days ago.

Contact ebay and contest it.

#3763 Lord Darias   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Lord Darias

Posted 20 July 2019 - 02:00 AM

Just a couple short ones. Received this message for a return for a basically Brand New copy of American Mcgee's Alice for PC. Of course it's a 0 feedback customer.

Here's what the buyer said

Reason

Doesn't work or defective

Comments

Put the disc in my laptop and doesn t work. Now it corrupted my laptop.

And this also 0 feedback customer. A basically Brand New copy of 10th Edition Chessmaster for PC. It is a 3 Disc Game and when he returned it, it was missing disc one. I messaged him that I would not refund him until I received the missing disc. I never heard anything back and Ebay closed the case. I still got stuck paying for the return label as it was returned as defective. Can I ask ebay to refund me the return shipping cost? Here's his comments on the return.

Reason for return
Doesn't work or defective
Comments
It will not install itself on my computer. I do have windows 10

#3764 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:54 PM

When you just boxed up an item to ship to someone then they send a message like "I need to cancel this ordered accidentally sorry"........how TF do you accidentally order something when you TOOK THE TIME TO MAKE AND SEND AN OFFER?! There should be some type of strike that Ebay can put on these accounts. Theyre just wasting my time.

#3765 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 03 August 2019 - 02:23 PM

I guess this could be posted here or the CL Stupidity thread............IS NOONE BUYING STUFF RIGHT?! 1000s of people use the local CL and FB groups and millions are on Ebay.........yet I got so much stuff listed but just sitting. Im not even getting lowball offers at the moment. It just blows my mind that not 1 person is interested in anything I have up. And its def not my prices because most are best offer.

#3766 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 04 August 2019 - 06:31 AM

I guess this could be posted here or the CL Stupidity thread............IS NOONE BUYING STUFF RIGHT?! 1000s of people use the local CL and FB groups and millions are on Ebay.........yet I got so much stuff listed but just sitting. Im not even getting lowball offers at the moment. It just blows my mind that not 1 person is interested in anything I have up. And its def not my prices because most are best offer.

Same. I used to have 20-30 items sold within the past 2 months that are displayed on the Selling page. That is a good two months for me. Last month I dipped into single digits. No sales whatsoever for weeks. 9 items sold. 8 items sold. 7. 6. Number kept dropping. Where my buyaz at?

#3767 Lord Darias   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Lord Darias

Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:00 PM

Same. I used to have 20-30 items sold within the past 2 months that are displayed on the Selling page. That is a good two months for me. Last month I dipped into single digits. No sales whatsoever for weeks. 9 items sold. 8 items sold. 7. 6. Number kept dropping. Where my buyaz at?

I am right there also. I am practically giving stuff away with my prices. I have a PS1 game that I have on sale at 37% which brings it to around $20. I get a message today asking if I will take $5 for it. :wall:  Well atleast I will have inventory for Winter and probably the next 5 years. :cry: 

#3768 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2687 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:05 PM

Slowing economy means luxury good sales like video games will also slow down.

#3769 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:13 AM

Slowing economy means luxury good sales like video games will also slow down.

I don't sell much video games anymore. But still, my stuff definitely does classify as luxury items.

#3770 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:00 PM

I posted my comment on Saturday........then the past 2 days I ended up selling a PS3 bundle and like 35 Budweiser steins. 29 to one guy. I guess I jynxed myself for the better!

#3771 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:21 PM

Fuck USPS. Guy said 8 outta 12 beer Steins arrived broken in his first box. Box 2 and 3 are still on the way. Each was individually wrapped in bubble wrap and the inside of the box was lined with thicker bubble wrap. I had 2 paperback books and a flimsy binder sitting on top.....

#3772 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:03 PM

I posted my comment on Saturday........then the past 2 days I ended up selling a PS3 bundle and like 35 Budweiser steins. 29 to one guy. I guess I jynxed myself for the better!

Hmm...

Fuck USPS.Guy said 8 outta 12 beer Steins arrived broken in his first box.

Yep, there we go. One thing I never ship is glass. If I find a glass item worth some money I sell it on FM or CL.

#3773 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:17 PM

You would think each individually wrapped in bubble wrap with thicker bubble wrap around the inside of the box would be fine for something that went 25 miles away..... I figure when you have them stamp Fragile on the box it's just an invitation for bad.

#3774 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:21 PM

Update 20/29 were damaged.... looks like I'll try to recoup some lose by doing the insurance claim....

#3775 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 10 August 2019 - 03:39 AM

Anyone use the app? There doesn't appear to be a delete option for the sold folder. I'm not sure why this keeps remembering stuff I've deleted from my history using the desktop site. It's kinda annoying seeing 75 sold items on the app when I only see 4 on my laptop.

Edit- I told this to Ebay help Twitter page and it was fixed not even a day later!

#3776 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:46 PM

Yikes! $39 to ship my $6 Xbox from IL to NV.... guess those are gonna be a Craigslist thing from now on! Fucking ridiculous.

#3777 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:43 AM

Yikes! $39 to ship my $6 Xbox from IL to NV.... guess those are gonna be a Craigslist thing from now on! Fucking ridiculous.

Did you check the FedEx rate? I’ve had to switch from USPS to them on some heavier stuff going cross country.

#3778 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 07 September 2019 - 04:07 PM

I might have to go through my listings and check the immediate payment with Buy It Now...........getting really tired of accepting offers and people not paying for days or not at all! WHY TF DID YOU SEND AN OFFER IF YOU DIDNT WANT IT?!