* * * * * 3 votes

The General eBay Rant Thread

#3811 NoLifeDGenerate  

NoLifeDGenerate

Posted 11 October 2019 - 12:17 PM

While true, those are arguments I WOULD make. Technically eBay IS a store, where both new and used items are sold.

Ebay doesn't sell anything directly. Like I said they only facilitate private sales.

#3812 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10009 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:39 AM

To add to the sales tax discussion, it's annoying they are charging sales tax on non taxable items. I ordered 2 shirts and wasn't expecting to see sales tax added. In my state almost all clothes are non taxable. I realize it's not easy to have it set up for items not to be taxed when in each state it is different but other sites have it working correctly.

#3813 NoLifeDGenerate  

NoLifeDGenerate

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:53 AM

To add to the sales tax discussion, it's annoying they are charging sales tax on non taxable items. I ordered 2 shirts and wasn't expecting to see sales tax added. In my state almost all clothes are non taxable. I realize it's not easy to have it set up for items not to be taxed when in each state it is different but other sites have it working correctly.

That's another reason I keep saying the way it's being handled is ridiculous. It's absolutely ridiculous to expect everyone to account for every state's bullshit. If I go to a store in Texas, I pay Texas sales tax. Nice and simple. Why not do the same if I buy from an ebay seller in Texas? That's what people should be advocating. Simplicity in tax code. 

#3814 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:20 AM

Ebay doesn't sell anything directly. Like I said they only facilitate private sales.

That’s the same way antique malls and thrift stores often operate, being comprised of many vendors, yet they charge sales tax there.

#3815 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1437 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 02 February 2020 - 09:50 PM

Really Ebay? Really? They took down my Xbox with XBMC and 320GB hdd.... but they had no problem with my 360 with an XK3Y modchip in it and over 40 games on it.....

Guy just asked me why the speaker on my Talk Boy doesn't work.... idk but I mentioned that in the post.

Guy left neutral feedback because the package took 15 days to arrive.... yeah because I can control where the box goes after the post office takes it!

#3816 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1437 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 31 May 2020 - 01:10 PM

*shakes head*..... Ive had 2 people this week ask me if my Genesis bundle has all the wires included.........heres the post

"Sega Genesis Model 1, Tomee composite video cable, 3.5mm to red/white so you can get stereo sound, Sega brand ac adapter, 2 Sega brand 3 button controllers, Game-Toy Story. Everything was cleaned and tested, works great."

#3817 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5740 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 31 May 2020 - 01:26 PM

You're talking about a 30-year-old system. There are adults now who never used a composite cable. If you were buying an 8-track or LaserDisc player, would you be sure you knew what you needed to hook up the system?

#3818 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1437 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 31 May 2020 - 02:24 PM

Stop! There is no reason for anyone under the age of 40 to not be tech savvy enough to plug a thing into a tv! There are tons of Youtube videos if you cant figure it out....as simple as the task is! The person buying this is probably someone who had a Genesis or is a gamer and most likely tech savvy! The point of my post was if they read the description of whats included instead of just looking at the picture they would have their answer!

#3819 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4313 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 01 June 2020 - 05:51 PM

I had someone leave me a negative feedback many years ago saying the cover of the game case was faded. There was (of course) pictures of the game showing any and all wear. I also stated this fading in the description. Never ceases to amaze me what some people can't comprehend.

#3820 Souji Seta   Banned Banned   6 Posts   Joined 0.4 Years Ago  

Souji Seta

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:35 PM

Stop! There is no reason for anyone under the age of 40 to not be tech savvy enough to plug a thing into a tv! There are tons of Youtube videos if you cant figure it out....as simple as the task is! The person buying this is probably someone who had a Genesis or is a gamer and most likely tech savvy! The point of my post was if they read the description of whats included instead of just looking at the picture they would have their answer!

Sir, this is a Wendy's...

#3821 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6728 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2020 - 12:10 AM

Stop! There is no reason for anyone under the age of 40 to not be tech savvy enough to plug a thing into a tv! There are tons of Youtube videos if you cant figure it out....as simple as the task is! The person buying this is probably someone who had a Genesis or is a gamer and most likely tech savvy! The point of my post was if they read the description of whats included instead of just looking at the picture they would have their answer!If

If you aren't willing/able to deal with people of various degrees of inteligence/knowledge of what you are selling then I suggest you don't sell to individuals and just deal with pawn shops or places like Gamestop.

#3822 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1437 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 09 June 2020 - 12:17 AM

Its always something! Lady sent me a message and said she wasnt leaving any feedback because her beer stein had a little black mark at the bottom and a "nick" in the paint on the top......... ITS 37 YEARS OLD! These were hand painted, obviously marks that had been there since Day 1! Never once did I claim the stein to be pristine mint condition! Never once did she ask for more pictures. The fact that the stein arrived in 1 piece in 2 days should be enough for a Positive feedback! Its like if I removed the Positive I left her because she didnt pay right away! Bitch is going on the blocked list.

#3823 audiomaxica1  

audiomaxica1

Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:01 AM

eBay has just been glitched out lately.

Had a buyer cancel an order. I was refunded listing fee but still shows I need to ship. It is also listed under cancelled listings and I am unable to select cancel myself.

Also have a buyer return they initiated on may 6. They never shipped and eBay gave them until 6/3 to ship. It is just annoying they haven’t closed it out yet. Pre covid they would just close case after a week if buyer doesn’t ship back. The reason they wanted to return: LEGO set I sold built had pieces come apart in shipment.

In regard to feedback, as a seller I quit giving feedback until they leave some for me.

You get tired of only 4/10 buyers leaving feedback....and you guessed it now only about 4/10 get feedback from me ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3824 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4313 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:54 PM

In regard to feedback, as a seller I quit giving feedback until they leave some for me.

You get tired of only 4/10 buyers leaving feedback....and you guessed it now only about 4/10 get feedback from me ;)

I have been doing that for the past 15 years. I had left over 300 more feedback before I realized I was hardly getting any back. Feedback is more important for the seller to give the buyer more confidence in buying from that seller. I almost want to say it can get as low as 25% of buyers leaving feedback for me at times. Whatever, a sale is a sale.

#3825 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1437 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 24 June 2020 - 02:17 AM

Lady just sent me a message about the Pokemon 20th Anniversary plush she bought.... complaining about the dented bag it comes in....that's quite obvious in my pics..... and she called it dusty and musty.... ouch! Never had anything called musty!

7/8/20- still have that Negative on my account and ..........ANOTHER NEGATIVE..........wtf is going on with these Buyers?! In the past 16 years of selling on there Ive only ever received 1 negative and got Ebay to remove it. Now Ive got 2 in less than 3 weeks! Sold one of those DonJoy cold therapy machines, item was tested with an ac adapter and pad I had for another machine then cleaned. I bought a brand new ac adapter and XL cold pad for it before selling it. I took their offer which was $50 under my listed price. They get it and said it doesnt pump water. I tell them it worked before I shipped it out and I dont offer refunds. I offered them a few tips to try and they said they were talking to DonJoy about it. They even said they didnt want a refund or return, "we just want a working machine as advertised". I ended up offering half the cost back just to cover the cost of the brand new pad.....they accepted.....then left a negative. Im now worried about anything I ship out at this point! Its crazy!

#3826 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1437 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 14 July 2020 - 11:15 AM

Moron left a neutral because the 20 year old PC game he bought wouldn't install on his modern PC. Sent him a link about getting it going on Windows 10. Didn't hear back from him so I assumed it worked. See the netural this morning that just says "disappointed". Maybe do some fucking research or ask questions before buying stuff! 

#3827 Souji Seta   Banned Banned   6 Posts   Joined 0.4 Years Ago  

Souji Seta

Posted 16 July 2020 - 08:48 AM

Moron left a neutral because the 20 year old PC game he bought wouldn't install on his modern PC. Sent him a link about getting it going on Windows 10. Didn't hear back from him so I assumed it worked. See the netural this morning that just says "disappointed". Maybe do some fucking research or ask questions before buying stuff! 

Better than the retards that force a return for it. Happened twice for me. Good thing neither were very expensive, but it's fucking annoying.