* * * * * 3 votes

The General eBay Rant Thread

#3811 NoLifeDGenerate  

NoLifeDGenerate

Posted 11 October 2019 - 12:17 PM

While true, those are arguments I WOULD make. Technically eBay IS a store, where both new and used items are sold.

Ebay doesn't sell anything directly. Like I said they only facilitate private sales.

#3812 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9956 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:39 AM

To add to the sales tax discussion, it's annoying they are charging sales tax on non taxable items. I ordered 2 shirts and wasn't expecting to see sales tax added. In my state almost all clothes are non taxable. I realize it's not easy to have it set up for items not to be taxed when in each state it is different but other sites have it working correctly.

#3813 NoLifeDGenerate  

NoLifeDGenerate

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:53 AM

To add to the sales tax discussion, it's annoying they are charging sales tax on non taxable items. I ordered 2 shirts and wasn't expecting to see sales tax added. In my state almost all clothes are non taxable. I realize it's not easy to have it set up for items not to be taxed when in each state it is different but other sites have it working correctly.

That's another reason I keep saying the way it's being handled is ridiculous. It's absolutely ridiculous to expect everyone to account for every state's bullshit. If I go to a store in Texas, I pay Texas sales tax. Nice and simple. Why not do the same if I buy from an ebay seller in Texas? That's what people should be advocating. Simplicity in tax code. 

#3814 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:20 AM

Ebay doesn't sell anything directly. Like I said they only facilitate private sales.

That’s the same way antique malls and thrift stores often operate, being comprised of many vendors, yet they charge sales tax there.