* * * * * 3 votes

The General eBay Rant Thread

#3931 elessar123  

Posted 23 January 2022 - 09:46 PM

It's not abundant, and the sold prices are what I listed it for. The lowball was like 1/3 the the lowest price.

#3932 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16145 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2022 - 10:03 PM

Probably low demand then. I've had items like that sit for a long time then find a buyer eventually. Think I've only ever had one person try to play sock puppet with accounts to lowball my price, but they missed out since it sold to someone else anyway lol.

#3933 My life is garbage   Banned Banned   47 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

My life is garbage

Posted 24 January 2022 - 01:20 AM

If your item isn't selling then either your pictures and description suck, people don't trust your reputation, or your price is too high. If you don't mind sitting on it for months or years then feel free to keep it at the same price it's not selling at. Plenty of people seem to like hoarding inventory. But don't complain about it.

#3934 mikeshinobi  

mikeshinobi

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:31 AM

Had a guy tell me that his package which was marked as delivered wasn't actually there. I told him to just wait and see if it comes later or the next day because sometimes that happens, then he goes on about how it must have been delivered to the wrong address. I tell him no, more than likely it will come tomorrow because, again, that happens sometimes. He responds with "I will wait".

Don't hear from him again so I assume he got his package, then today he files a charge back with his credit card for "unrecognized transaction". Okay then. Saves me the trouble of having to deal with some refund request, at least.

#3935 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1592 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 24 January 2022 - 10:13 PM

Common sense to me would be "hey my package still isnt here.... Ill call the local post office!"...........Ebay buyer- "WHERE IS IT?! I WANT IT NOW!"

#3936 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1592 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 26 January 2022 - 05:45 PM

When people try to beat you up on price...........when your game is already $10 Free Shipping! Gonna cost me $5 to ship it dumbass! Im sure youll get way more than $10 worth of fun out of it!

#3937 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1592 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 05 May 2022 - 07:02 PM

Heres another one to add to the Blocked Buyers list- dusiluong0490 . He bought a used youth baseball helmet from me. He gets it and messages me "Thank You". The next day he says he said his son looked at it and mentioned the scuffs and marks on it, "I was very very upset u send me a piece of shit please send me my money Mack ". Turns out he has bad vision and cant even see scuffs on my 4k pictures! I tell him "It was sold as a used helmet and my 5 pictures show the same marks youre complaining about." His response- "U piece of shit a f…. Scammer u should put on description was damaged u r a scammer asshole." So I was like, "Nice Attitude. I have over 1000 positive feedback, I wouldnt waste my time scamming people. The item was advertised as USED and my pictures show the scuffs. Im not refunding for this.".  His last response before opening a claim was, "U piece of shit your photo was not clear go away u s…".............so naturally Ebay sides with him and he gets to return it! HOW IN THE Fuck AM I IN THE WRONG HERE?! ITS NOT MY PROBLEM HES BLIND IN ONE EYE AND HAS 40% VISION IN THE OTHER EYE! If your vision is that bad maybe you should ask for more pictures or have someone else look at the item before you buy it! #EbayLovesSuckingThatBuyerDick /rant

#3938 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16145 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2022 - 06:22 PM

To prepare for an upcoming move at the time, I was selling quite a bit of stuff and had two clear scammers try to get refunds on items that "went missing". First guy was over some 3-pack amiibo he claimed was never delivered; can't find it so he's going to ask for a refund. I push back and ask is the address it was delivered to correct. No response, and never to be heard from again. Whatever, putz.

Other guy was over a $4 MTG Arena code they never got, which was clearly messaged to them literally a minute after the order came through to me. I resent it but they had already opened a request that put the payment on hold. eBay keeps harassing me over it despite having responded, so I put in a BS tracking number just to keep the exception open and not in their favor. After a month of no response from the buyer, they finally closed it. I swear, trying to rob a guy over $4 is a new low for me in selling. I wouldn't even miss it but it was the principle and reputation on the line that I even bothered.

Feels good swatting both these shitlords down so they got fucked at their own game.

#3939 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1592 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 07 May 2022 - 05:59 PM

I had another guy buy a PS2 game from me. The Ghost In The Shell that goes for $50-$60. He tries to tell me the disc and booklet are in very nice condition but the case and artwork are "honestly bad" / "substandard" and he was wanting to return it...... everything about this game was near mint! I said, "you know that has double sided art right? The one side just looks like early 2000s 3d. It's suppose to be like that." Never heard from the guy again. It's officially past the return time frame as of yesterday.

#3940 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1592 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 19 May 2022 - 10:59 PM

Update on the baseball helmet- guy didn't provide any evidence he sent it back so Ebay closed the case..... I get home from work and wouldnt you know it the helmet was delivered today.