Buy 12 Month PS+ Sub on PSN for $49.99, Get 3 Bonus Months Until 3/5/13

Tempting...I just used my free month from my GoW Saga so I could grab LBP Karting for $10 and Knights for $2.50....15 months of some free games sounds awesome also...

I wonder if they give you the three months if you redeem an online code from Amazon or something. I have some gift card money left there so that would be great if one could do that.

[quote name='Spokker']I wonder if they give you the three months if you redeem an online code from Amazon or something. I have some gift card money left there so that would be great if one could do that.[/QUOTE]
Not with a PS+ card code, but if you got a $50 card, you could use that money to grab this and get the bonus months.

[quote name='kouleefoh']would PSN still be around in 2015? Mine doesn't expire til early 2014, so not sure if I wanna stack a year on.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure they'll somehow incorporate PSN with PS4 and PS3 and especially Vita won't be dead for awhile...

This would be an even sweeter deal if some retail store had a sale on a $50 PSN card sometime before 3/4. I'm looking at you Target.

[quote name='kouleefoh']would PSN still be around in 2015? Mine doesn't expire til early 2014, so not sure if I wanna stack a year on.[/QUOTE]

It will certainly be on PS4. It's one of the few moves they've done this gen that actually worked out. Then again, it is Sony...

Was this announced by Sony anywhere outside of the Playstation Store?

It's really odd that they snuck this in without promoting it.

[quote name='LouieT']Was this announced by Sony anywhere outside of the Playstation Store?

It's really odd that they snuck this in without promoting it.[/QUOTE]
Give it time, it just went active.

[quote name='SuperMario64']I'm pretty sure they'll somehow incorporate PSN with PS4 and PS3 and especially Vita won't be dead for awhile...[/QUOTE]
I can also see them incorporating PS Mobile even more into psn now that they are releasing good phones.

Nice. I have to renew by the end of March.

I think that free Jurassic Park bonus a year or so ago applied to PS+ subscription cards, so I wonder if this will too.

Did the 12-month cards give the 3 bonus months as well on the last time they had this deal?

I think they did, but it's been a long time.

Hopefully someone will test this out and see if you need to go through the store for this.

(Wonder if the year trial from the new PS3 bundle counts...)

I was waiting to see what they would do with plus next gen since it clear they will be charging for online service. Will they still give away free games? Will downloadable ps3 games be backwards compatible? IGC is the biggest draw of plus to me but I think it's going away with the 4

Samsclub.com has $20 PSN cards for $18.88(1 store...so far... shows $18.42 for club members). Not seeing any $50 cards.

[quote name='NonShalant']I was waiting to see what they would do with plus next gen since it clear they will be charging for online service.[/QUOTE]
What's all this now?

I've seen nothing from Sony about a XBL Gold-type service coming. It would certainly be a step backwards.

[quote name='SuperMario64']I'm pretty sure they'll somehow incorporate PSN with PS4 and PS3 and especially Vita won't be dead for awhile...[/QUOTE]
they will but I think a big deciding factor for alot of people is if the content will be BC. It would really stink if all of our current purchases werent playable on the PS4, especially since many have built up quite the library. It honestly would hold me back from getting a PS4 bc I still have SO MUCH content from PS+, that Ive never touched on my PS3 that Ive been meaning too.

This is fantastic news, I've done this twice before already, so it sounds like they are offering this deal every 15 months since it appears near when I need to renew,

I'm in too, I took advantage of this last time. My plus is up in March I think. I haven't been anything except very pleased with what I have received for my money so far.

This usually would be a no brainer for me, but my subscription expires in November and if I add this I'm not sure if the PS4 will have plus. Decisions decisions decisions, it's a very tempting offer and so worth the price.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']This usually would be a no brainer for me, but my subscription expires in November and if I add this I'm not sure if the PS4 will have plus. Decisions decisions decisions, it's a very tempting offer and so worth the price.[/QUOTE]
of course the PS4 will have Plus. I dont know why people will expect it not too. It may not come at launch but definetly within a few months as it did with Vita. Plus is one of the sources of revenue for Sony and it would make no sense for them to drop it with their next console

CONFIRMATION: I tested it out, my 1 year PS+ card redeemed 15 months. Took a pic before and after to make sure it added the right amount of months.

[quote name='ynocturnal']CONFIRMATION: I tested it out, my 1 year PS+ card redeemed 15 months. Took a pic before and after to make sure it added the right amount of months.[/QUOTE]

Great I still have a few cards from the target sale last year.

[quote name='ynocturnal']CONFIRMATION: I tested it out, my 1 year PS+ card redeemed 15 months. Took a pic before and after to make sure it added the right amount of months.[/QUOTE]

Did you use the web or PS3 store to make the purchase?

I know how to check my subscription service expiration date on the PS3, but I can't figure out how to check it on the web.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Great I still have a few cards from the target sale last year.[/QUOTE]

same here, don't know if I should redeem them all or save some for another offer.

[quote name='ruibing']Did you use the web or PS3 store to make the purchase?

I know how to check my subscription service expiration date on the PS3, but I can't figure out how to check it on the web.[/QUOTE]

PS3 store - couldn't figure how to check on the web either, i'm guessing you can't yet.

[quote name='Chadt74']Where can you see how long your PS+ sub is valid for?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I believe it should be under account on the Seo website.

Well I was not sure if I was going to renew in June after getting one of those E3 vouchers for $30 (should have bought 2) but another 15 months of games for $50 seems good. Basically $3.20/month for 25 months is a good deal since I think I have gotten access to about 45 games right now and they will just keep adding on. Not worried about PS4 since I won't be early adopting as of now.

Does this work on 12 month PP cards or is only for people who buy from PSN? I have one I bought a while back I haven't redeemed yet and it would be nice to get an extra 3 months :)

[quote name='TaylorM06']Tempting...I just used my free month from my GoW Saga so I could grab LBP Karting for $10 and Knights for $2.50....15 months of some free games sounds awesome also...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, until your not a member anymore and you lose the games...

[quote name='Tendoboy']Yeah, until your not a member anymore and you lose the games...[/QUOTE]

That's only for free games. All free games you lose after your membership expires, all games you buy at a discount, you get to keep.

[quote name='Tendoboy']Yeah, until your not a member anymore and you lose the games...[/QUOTE]

I am not sure why this is an issue. Like I said 45 games since June. In a year less than $1 a game. You plan on willing them to your children? Play them, have fun, move on to the next game. I was a skeptic at first but now I know it is the best deal for games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']https://account.sonyentertainmentne...edia-list!paginate.action?page=1&filter=games

The easiest way is to go to your download list of games and find the latest PS+ game you got to see the expiration date on it.[/QUOTE]

The expiration date for games that will expire with plus is shown under Media -> Games.
After I purchased the one-year subscription from OP's link to the webstore, I refreshed the page and the expiration date for all those games were updated to reflect the extra 15 months.

Thanks for the experiment. I'll have to get one of the cards sometime soon.

I had already decided last night I was going to finally join plus today because my oldest son is such a LBP fan and I was going to get LBP Karting for him. I had played the online demo for Machinarium and I wanted to get that for myself as well.

Getting 3 months free is just icing on the cake. Now I just need to do some demos of a couple of the other 13 for 13 games to decide if I want to spend the 7.50 left in my wallet :)

bread's done
Back