Microsoft XBOX 360 Essentials Pack + Doom 3 $57.99 at Newegg.com

Hmmm.

Definitely "decent" deal if you actually NEED those things or just got an XBOX and need a spare controller +LIVE to start out with. Not so much for people that already have 2+ controllers and oodles of HDMI cables.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/doom-3-bfg-edition

No.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. If you haven't somehow played or paid to play anything Doom related before, its a win. IMHO you will get your money's worth out of DOOM 3 BFG if priced $20 or below.

Now, if someone asked if Doom 3 BFG is any huge improvement to go back and replay after having owned Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3 and ROE, I'd probably say NO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal thanks op
dealze

[quote name='dominator']I'm tempted even though I have 4 controllers but I would not mind an extra and the media remote plus the game.[/QUOTE]

I'm just looking at the game by itself, and waiting for it to be $15. Right now it's $23 at Wal-Mart. So this basically makes it $34 for all the other stuff. I don't see the point at this price, personally (at least for a CAG).

Though like I said it's a fair enough deal for a new XBOX owner to get some basic stuff they might need.

Of course I'm guilty of buying spare controllers too for not much reason, it wasn't long ago I bought the Killzone 3 bundle "just because" I wanted a urban Camo Dualshock 3. It's too bad this isn't a Doom themed XBOX controller or something. ;) Then I would probably be signing a slightly different tune LOL.

Considering you can get hdmi cables for around $2 and the remote is practically useless, especially if you have a Kinect. The only things your getting are a mediocre Xbox hd port and two XBLA titles (yes the game launches them as XBLA titles, not actually on the disc) and a controller.

Pass.

This deal is interesting, but are we sure its the bfg version of doom? Tried finding it, but only says doom 3... Haven't been comparing prices, but guessing bfg is not a collectors edition and the only edition currently for sale?

Im playing Doom 3 BFG right now and its a pretty Good game.
They Fixed the Flashlight Problem. Good Graphics and for the Content you get its worth the money. I picked mine up when it was 19.99 at newegg a while ago, but I highly recommend this game.

Wow! Thanks so much I was just about to pay 45 for the controller by itself. I need more xbl in march so that's cool and doom 3 will just be trade fodder on vg five to get something I want.

Anyone know the difference between this black media remote and the old white Xobx remote (other than the color)?

I looked at the black one in store today, and the build quality appears lower than the old white remote. The only thing I don't like about the white remote is I can't tell when it's in TV mode, so I end up turning on my TV instead of turning on my Xbox, etc.

[quote name='cancermatt']This deal is interesting, but are we sure its the bfg version of doom? Tried finding it, but only says doom 3... Haven't been comparing prices, but guessing bfg is not a collectors edition and the only edition currently for sale?[/QUOTE]

yah, unless they send you the OG xbox version or the PC version for some crazy reason...but that's rather unlikely

bread's done
Back