RCSS: PSP Go $59.94

EvilMario

CAGiversary!
A friend of mine spotted this gem at RCSS / Loblaws. PSP Go for $59.94.

Could be YMMV, I haven't checked stores around me yet.

ibf7h422c7vIES.jpg

it's a great system and you can combine with a cheap cradle + AV cables + extra DS3 controller to play your PSP games on the big screen.

I'm holding off on the Vita until they offer the same option.

Nice. Remarkable system. I might just hop on this to have a second incase the first ever goes. Thanks OP.

Thanks for the post. I will definitely get one if I can find it as I'm not sure how much longer my PSP1000 will last. Not getting my hopes up though since I'm pretty bad at finding these things.

I think these have been $50-$60 at Gamestop for a while. The converted all their new ones to used and sold them for that price.

[quote name='burritoman']I think these have been $50-$60 at Gamestop for a while. The converted all their new ones to used and sold them for that price.[/QUOTE]

New units are still full price ($199.99), but you are correct in their refurb units being $69.99.

Given that this is less and new, I'd lean toward this deal if you could find it.

[quote name='poxsc']Which RCSS store? I wouldn't mind having one for collection purposes.[/QUOTE]

One in Newfoundland.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm calling them up and I can't find any. None in Toronto. Guess I'll see if I can find a converted one at EBGames, any tips?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Green Card200']Guess I'll see if I can find a converted one at EBGames, any tips?[/QUOTE]
Use the stock checker. I see 3 locations I could easily swing by that seem to have them around me. If you don't trust the stock checker or expect a longer drive you can phone them to confirm before bothering.

[quote name='EvilMario']New units are still full price ($199.99), but you are correct in their refurb units being $69.99.

Given that this is less and new, I'd lean toward this deal if you could find it.

One in Newfoundland.[/QUOTE]

There is a Zellers near me that is closing. They got a couple pspgos for 129.99. They still too much for my liking. I think I will wait a bit longer for someone to sell it at a lower price. I remember in the mid to latter 2000's, my Loblaws had a PS One bundle for sale at $50. Also just a few years ago when they were closing their videogames section, they had a few pink GBA SPs for $30. I am sure there are a few Pspgos sitting in a warehouse waiting to be discovered and to be sold for pocket change.

[quote name='ragnar14']Use the stock checker. I see 3 locations I could easily swing by that seem to have them around me. If you don't trust the stock checker or expect a longer drive you can phone them to confirm before bothering.[/QUOTE]
My experience is their stock checker sucks. I've actually tried to buy a refurbished PSP from them a year or two ago, but each of the several stores that was reported to have stock did not in fact have any. So emphasis on calling in to check first.

[quote name='jeffx']it's a great system and you can combine with a cheap cradle + AV cables + extra DS3 controller to play your PSP games on the big screen.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that was possible. Thanks.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']I didn't know that was possible. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Pro tip: playing PSP games on the big screen isn't ideal. Graphics don't look great when blown up, and you get a huge black box around the game so that you are only viewing about a quarter of the screen. Keep expectations in line if you are hoping for big-screen PSP action.

However, for PSOne Classics this is a great option since they show up full screen, and the extra buttons on a DualShock controller are often helpful. Movies too if you buy content off the PSN store.

Edit: Two other notes.
(1) If you do grab a cradle, be prepared to track down an older PSP (ie: non-Go) AC Adapter. The video cable takes up the slot where your standard PSP Go charging cable goes, so you need a PSP-1000/2000/3000 adapter to power the unit while it's on the base.
(2) You'll need (access to) a PS3 console to sync the DualShock controller if you plan to play that way.

This probably sounds like I'm down on the PSP Go. I'm not at all - it's a great little system, especially at discount prices with cheap accessories. Just trying to make sure you have the relevant details before buying in.

i'm still loving the one i got at The Source last year. $50 for the pearl white GO, and 99 cents each for the blue leather case, cradle, and video cables.

Gah

I wish I could find new PSP Gos for that price around my area.

Bought a used one from Gamestop, and the battery died and wouldn't charge anymore.

Thank god it died before the return period was over.

[quote name='jeffx']it's a great system and you can combine with a cheap cradle + AV cables + extra DS3 controller to play your PSP games on the big screen.
[/QUOTE]

Just wish it wasn't only 60% of the screen.

If you plan on hooking up the component cables AND have the unit sitting in the cradle, you need to buy the AC adapter. That's what I did. I just use a DS3 and play on the TV when I'm not on the go.

Too bad you missed when Best Buy had basically EVERYTHING for PSP at $5. Cradle/Component Cables/AC Adapter were all $5 at one point.

^ or you can reuse the regular PSP AC adaptor.

And yeah I know it's not full-screen, but that's how I played through Growlanser PSP (50 hours) while getting exercise on the recliner so, options!!!

I also got everything for 5$ a piece but at HMV.

Only the cradle/adapter goes for more than $5 now but I didn't know you could sync a ps3 controller when they were on clearance. I have like 2-3 ac adapters so I only needed the cables/cradle.

bread's done
Back